Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sticks

The Weather Lookout

Ayingel

i'm tired of clouds and skied that look like something, then die into nothing right before they get here and just leave me with pumpkin orange sky.

Drake

The earthquake originated just north of Ottawa. It was a 5.1, I think. I felt it here while in the basement. My desk shook a bit but nothing exploded.

Mara

I'm okay with storms unless they're severe ones. Then, I hate them.

James the Defender

We had some big boomers just come through! We had dime-sized hail!

Ayingel

:( i need some severe weather. this is far too boring. just not on saturday night. going to a hairball show and street dance >.>

Princess

Apparently I slept through the earthquake

Ayingel

wait what? why did i get one? :(

Mara

We had some big boomers just come through! We had dime-sized hail!

I still have a picture on my phone I took of some hail from a month or two ago. Hard to tell, but it was probably the same size.

I'm just happy my dad finished working on the garage so I can park inside again, in case of any real bad storms. I don't want dents in my car.

Sentrosi

this is ayingel!!!!

OMG robert's account works! we're being put up in a hotel for the night by my parents because we have no power at the house and robert and i work opposite schedules. the storm was awesome here but i didn't get to see it since i was at work all day (i pulled an open to close) all i knew was the party i was taking had increased in size to 24 people because we pulled them into the store due to the inclement weather. i was told to go into the mall of america's bowels and sit with the rest of my store, so we did. while my party sat pretty oblivious to what was going on (the adults knew, but who was going to tell and freak out a bunch of 6 year old girls about the weather?) i saw the green sky out in the park skylights and was instantly bummed because i couldn't be at home to experience it. well, now we're in a hotel and should be out of here with power back at the house soon. i'll keep things updated via my phone on facebook...

Edited by Sentrosi

Pandora

Ooh, yeah, tornados at the mall are NOT fun, especially for employees. I was at work when that monster came through last year, ripped up Kohls, two car dealerships, a bunch of other businesses and missed us by inches. I was on the phone with my husband and he was feeding me radar reports from their emergency radio. Next thing I know he goes, "Uh oh, you guys get down it's coming right toward you!" Fun times.

Was there much damage, or mainly just messed with the utilities?

Ayingel

a transformer blew up near the house, and a tree was down knocking out our power. not to mention that last night, i was trying to go to a hairball concert with a friend before she moves five hours away tomorrow but it got stormed out (i just can't get away from it!) and had reported (but unseen) tornadoes, straight-line winds (that turned half of a billboard onto itself, but alas, no pictures). there was an awesome lightning show right before the concert started, but it soon drove the band offstage since they were in the same storm i was on friday and lost some gear.

Ayingel

Hhhhhhhokay, so, snow is falling at a rate of an inch per hour...we're only supposed to get six, but Robert has to drive over two hours away in this crap. And there's more snow the further left he goes.

Ayingel

20 inches of snow fell on Friday and Saturday.

Mara

I'm kind of glad we didn't get as much snow as they predicted. Apparently it had to do with the temperatures and the slush or something. So we got a dusting instead of about 3-5 inches.

Ayingel

You're not watching the free Viking's game since the dome roof collapsed?!

Mara

No, I kind of have a job.

Mara

We missed breaking a the 1-day snowfall record by 1/10 of a inch, dangit. :p We got only 16 inches; the record from the '78 blizzard was 16.1.

Pandora

*does the I-live-in-a-city-on-a-bluff-so-I-didn't-get-any-snow dance* :p

Ayingel

I'm glad I called in sick. It's STILL snowing...and right now it's going sideways!

Radioactive Isotope

Pouring down rain here. I think our nice warm weather is about to go away. :wail:

Ayingel

I'd much prefer rain right now!

Princess

Ayingel's storm is the next one that's heading our way. Glad that I didn't have to go to work last night, but not looking forward to driving in tonight

Ayingel

We ended up with around 17 inches I think....some places had 20+

Princess

We got around 8-9

Pandora

It drizzled for an hour. Still warm! :D

Edited by Pandora

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.