Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sticks

The Weather Lookout

Tsl

Well...I've learned that I can hear the tornado sirens from the base if I stand outside :shifty:

At least I got my power back! yay!

Ayingel

The heat index in some places in the cities here ended up at 128o

Mara

Ugh, I can't stand this heat. I don't know what I would do without air-conditioning.

Ayingel

Get a wall unit that freezes after a few days of constantly being on, and you'll find out.

Jake Durron

I don't have one, the answer is... Sweat way too much and wear very little with lots of cold showers and ice packs.

Ayingel

Did that yesterday when it broke D:

Jake Durron

it's super damn hot in my room. We have no AC it's 85 degrees, the house holds heat like an oven so it's hotter inside then out. My stupid moron of a boss didn't get me a hotel room for tonight... *I guess cause I can't find reservations anywhere* so I'm stuck sleeping on a super leaky air mattress again. and having to get up at like 7:30 tomorrow to drive to Syracuse to give my boss his sith. I COULD have slept in, in comfort with ac until 9:30 if I was in Syracuse.

I REALLY do like my job. Just the office's idea of proper business management needs some serious overhauling.

Princess

If I had money, I'd totally be on Mackinac Island this weekend. It's only supposed to be 75 up there while the rest of the state bakes

Pandora

Our overnight temps are even in the nineties. Love summer and love our new condensing fan motor that makes our ac work. I also love my genius husband for being able to fix the sucker.

Ayingel

Haha, the news just said what I was thinking.

"As we move out of the record heatwave and it heads to the East, national news corps are reporting the nation's highest temps. But, as you know, if it doesn't happen to the East coast, it doesn't really happen. They'll be saying 'It's hot enough to fry an egg!' and we'll say 'Ehhhhhhhnnnnnn. Been there, done that.'"

Edited by Ayingel

Pandora

:lol: priceless

Bad furday

I walked outside this morning and was like, " Ha...just like Orlando at C5!" :p

Princess

I'm being a chicken and staying in my house with central air as much as possible

Jake Durron

I had to go get a grapefruit from my car for demos, the heat LITERALLY bitchslapped me!! It was like "cautious step outside, "Ok bad but not horrible," one more step and *backhand* holy sith!!! O_O

The grapefruit was almost too hot to hold too! Yeesh!

Mara

I know, it's almost too hot to breathe outside. I was almost sweating just walking a few yards from my car into the library today. Urgh.

And it's not any better at 11pm either when I leave work.

Ayingel

That's not just the heat making it hard to breathe...Ozone has a big thing to play into that, too

Mara

So after a brief relief this morning--it was only 73! and raining--the temps are climbing back up again, whoo.

Princess

I just turned my air off. It's supposed to be cooler tonight

Jake Durron

I got really sick last night/this morning, I think it's the heat. Exhausted and throwing up with the shakes.

Ayingel

How much water have you had?

And get something with electrolytes in you!

Princess

Yeah, you're probably dehydrated.

Jake Durron

Been drinking water all day long non stop for three days. Dunno I though dehydration too but I've been peeing constantly.

Princess

Have you been dizzy at all?

Jake Durron

A little but mostly just been shaking.

Ana

Too much water not balance out with other things can lead to water intoxication. You're flushing your system of salts that it needs. Like Ayingel said, try to get some electrolytes, Gatorade or similar, an eat something, preferably salty.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.