Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Tsl

Your Computer

Uncle Du

If you know where to look, pretty much any computer related stuff can be found for cheap. And not just crappy stuff.

Tsl

I dunno how people can call this stuff cheap. You guys must all be rich or something. How is it people can just run out and buy PS IIs, Xbox's, and the latest ipod like the day they come out? I feel guilty buying a $20 pair of jeans. :|

Andy

Hey, you have a house. :p

Tsl

Shelter is a neccesity though! lol It's not like I went out and bought a big fancy mansion. My mortgage payments are less than most places' rent around here.

GI_Admiral

comparitively.

A 20,000,000$ comp is cheaper than a 500,000,000,000$ comp. Even though both are very expensive compred to salaries.

20$ jeans might be more expensive than <20$ jeans.

building a comp is the cheapest though :p

Tsl

Still doesn't explain how people can run out and buy all the latest crazy tech all the time :p

And yes it is. I plan to build a new one someday soon, if and when I ever get the house put together and enough money saved up to do it. I think you'd have to be nuts to buy a prepackaged comp. They're crappy and rediculously overpriced!

Ender

I dunno how people can call this stuff cheap. You guys must all be rich or something. How is it people can just run out and buy PS IIs, Xbox's, and the latest ipod like the day they come out? I feel guilty buying a $20 pair of jeans. :|

Well, I usually can't, but I've got two jobs and I'm gettin lots of money from the rock and roll business.

Btw, the new iPod is absolutely fantastic. :p

Andy

Shelter is a neccesity though! lol It's not like I went out and bought a big fancy mansion. My mortgage payments are less than most places' rent around here.

I can't even afford a mortgage. And that's why I spend all my money on useless stuff. I'd spend it on renting if i could afford anything worth it, but houses and stuff are way to expensive over here. The cheapest houses i've seen locally are about $150,000. And renting is about $750 per month on average. :(

Tsl

maybe you should save your money instead of spending it all on useless stuff? lol

Uncle Du

Hey, I have a house, and I'm married, so we have two incomes. And the cost of living in Virginia is pretty good too. It's not like I always run out and get stuff, and when I do, it's been budgeted for, or saved for.

So...can anyone tell me how to partition a hard drive? :p

Edited by Du(SW)

Andy

maybe you should save your money instead of spending it all on useless stuff? lol

Yeah but what would I do with it? Save it to spend later? Pfft! :p

Nah, I'll buy cool stuff now, cos later when I can afford a mortgage, I won't be able to afford much else. lol

Tsl

Save up for a down payment to make your mortgage smaller so you can afford stuff? :p

Andy

pssh! forget the future, I want to enjoy stuff now!

Mara

If you know where to look, pretty much any computer related stuff can be found for cheap. And not just crappy stuff.

Circuit City was having a good deal or something.

Still doesn't explain how people can run out and buy all the latest crazy tech all the time :p

And yes it is. I plan to build a new one someday soon, if and when I ever get the house put together and enough money saved up to do it. I think you'd have to be nuts to buy a prepackaged comp. They're crappy and rediculously overpriced!

I never get all the latest stuff. :p

And if I do, it's two years after it's outta style, lol.

Edited by Mara: Forever

Tsl

Best place for comp components is online. Stores like Circuit City and Best Buy waaaayyy over charge. Try newegg.com or zipzoomfly.com

Mara

Hey my dad bought it for me.

I'm not complaining. :p

If he didn't, I'd still be using Crappius Maximus. :p

Aurelius

OK, so I got a question. I've got this new computer, and it's got a 250 gig hard drive, and I wanna partition it. Only problem is, I've never done it before. So, can any help me, pweeeease? :p

Not sure if anyone answered your question, but you could get a copy of Partition Magic

Uncle Du

I can get that at any local store that sells software right?

Edited by Du(SW)

Aurelius

Should be able too, Might be best to call though

Andy

I would think so too, it's a fairly well known bit of software.

Uncle Du

It did sound somewhat familiar, but having no need for it the past, it went in one ear and out the other. :p

Edited by Du(SW)

Andy

Just installed a lovely card reader into my comp.

Funny thing is that it adds each slot as a new drive... For some reason I had thought it wouldn't do that. Oh well, now when I go into My Computer (or "t3h ub3r c0mput3r" as I have labelled it), it shows that I have the following drives:

A: C: D: E: F: G: H: I:

Think I should add some more? :p

Brumak

Just get Daemon Tools and add four virtual drives :p

Ayingel

:D that's what i have

Brumak

Me too ^_^

And Alcohol 120%...but I prefer Daemon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.