Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Roethlisberger

Grade Anything

Ayingel

My hangover: B

It's a two parter. I thought it was done, then I ate breakfast and it started me feeling nearly drink again

Princess

Your typing is hungover too :p

Ayingel

Yeah...I was on my phone at my aunt's house. I couldn't do it. I had to stick around until noon... :(

Pandora

Garnier has reformulated their oil and treatment products to contain Moroccan oil now. LOVES them. Specifically, the 5-in-1 anti-frizz spray: A++++++++

OMG Love this stuff! Doesn't take much, but made my hair perrrrrrrfect. :D

Princess

North by Matchbox Twenty - B+. I was really looking forward to this album and bought it on iTunes before I went to work yesterday. I love the songs, but the tempo is just too slow on the album, it's something to listen to when you want to relax, not when you need to wake up - such as slugging back coffee on the way to work

Drake

Try listening to it on your way home from work. ;)

Princess

That's even worse at the end of a 12 hour shift :p

TheUnknown

North by Matchbox Twenty - B+. I was really looking forward to this album and bought it on iTunes before I went to work yesterday. I love the songs, but the tempo is just too slow on the album, it's something to listen to when you want to relax, not when you need to wake up - such as slugging back coffee on the way to work

I haven't listened to Matchbox 20 (or really even given a ewok about them since their first album, which I really liked).

Anyways, two Smashing Pumpkins releases:

Pisces Iscariot (B-side and rarity compilation)

Rating: 4/5

Review

Perfect (single)

Rating: 4/5

Review

I will also ask a question I asked in one of the reviews: Why is my zodical sign being equated with history's greatest traitor?

Radioactive Isotope

Valspar Paint and Primer in One: C

Looks streaky until it dries, and even then, you might need one more coat to even it out. Definitely expect to need 2-4 coats, especially with darker colors.

Painting by myself: F

I'm tired and I've still got so much more to do. :wail:

Pandora

I found Baer paint and primer did well.

Princess

I'm with Pod on that one

Ayingel

The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete : A-

This is probably the best movie I've seen all year.  My best friend's coworker's husband is Michael Starrbury (the screenwriter) and I can't say enough good things about the film.  It really pulls at your heart strings and tells the story of the recession in a poverty level neighborhood through the eyes of two kids.

Andy

Went to Alton Towers today (big theme park in the UK), and finally got to ride this year's new rollercoaster, The Smiler. It was pretty awesome, the themeing is excellent and the ride itself is pretty intense, as you would expect from the world's first 14-loop rollercoaster. Wanted to go on it after it got dark but that area of the park closed due to the annual fireworks display, booo!

Still not my favourite rollercoaster in the world though, that honour goes to another Alton Towers ride: Nemesis. :)

• Upvote 1

Bad furday

Did the Smiler put a big smile on your face, or did it wipe the smile from your face as it careened its way through 14 loops? 

Princess

Thor: The Dark World: A-

Would have given it an A if the ending hadn't been so weird

Ayingel

We couldn't stop laughing throughout because there were so many parallels to Attack of the Clones

Ayingel

I would have written this last night but I needed to go to bed XD

Catching Fire:   A+

O.M.G.  I am so glad they have this new director for this film and the remaining two.  While the book itself felt a bit like filler, the movie felt like anything but.  I bawled my eyes out

when everyone died, even when I knew it was coming.  Perhaps the biggest tears came for Cinna and Mags.  OH THE FEELS FOR CINNA AND MAGS, I might start crying again.  And even when I know Peeta was going to make it, but he was dead for that short amount of time.  Of course, there were also things that I wish still made it into the movie, like the wedding dresses being selected and the interviews, and Katniss being so depressed that she becomes an alcoholic with Haymitch, but, at least some of it was there and I can't be happier.

I just hate how I now have to wait 594 days until the next movie.  

I also think I did the right thing going for the double feature so that everything was still fresh in my mind.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.