Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Princess

I didn't think that Chicago was going to pull it off last night. Here comes game 7

James the Defender

Oi...will they just go quietly into that dark night already? The only team that's allowed to come back from 0-3 is the Flyers...

Princess

No, Toronto did it in '42 and won the cup that year. Besides, Vancouver has the curse this year

James the Defender

Toronto did it, yes, but they weren't allowed to do it. They broke the rules before any of the current Flyers players--and prolly their parents--were even born :p

Princess

:roll:

James the Defender

Flyers looked like the team I knew and loved from early in the season! 5-2 slashing of the Sabres! Orange and Black forever!

Princess

Bah! I missed a great game 7 last night because the storms knocked out the cable

James the Defender

Ugh...I don't think I wanted to face the Bruins...they want revenge...

Princess

*pointlaugh**

I'm a little nervous about the sharks too

Mara

Here's hoping Charlotte can knock the minor league Penguins out of the playoffs, too. :D

And after sweeping the White Sox, the Tigers get swept by the freaking Mariners. *sigh*

Edited by Mara

Uncle Du

We should be in for some great round two action. Watched the Canucks/Thrashers game last night. It was a great game, really physical, great defense and both Luongo and Rinne were on FIRE! Of course people will credit Luongo with being better cause he got the SO, but Rinne was absolutely ROBBING Vancouver. He faced 16 first period shots, letting up no goals and Luongo only faced 5. Vancouver definitely looked like the Presidents Trophy winner from the regular season. I'd like to see em take this, then the West overall. I'd like Canada to get the Cup back, and thank God it won't be Montreal!

I think the Flyers/Bruins series is going to be a tough one to predict. Both teams looked flat for the majority of the first round. What were the Bruins, 0-21 on the PP? If they keep that up, then Philly will take it. But if all the powerhouses that the Bruins have actually step up, I think you're in for it James, lol.

And as for the Sharks, we'll see if they can keep some sort of momentum. They're historically a sithty playoff team, and the Wings are a tried and true playoff team. Competitively I know that the Sharks can go toe to toe and win. Goaltending for the Sharks I think could be their biggest issue. Can't wait to watch em all!!

James the Defender

The Flyers in Game 7 looked like the Flyers I know. If they play like that in every game nobody will stop them.

Mara

If the Tigers keep playing like they've been playing, I'm in for a loooooooooong season.

Pandora

Anybody keeping up with the NBA? How 'bout dem Grizzlies???

James the Defender

*facepalm* Oi...Flyers are stinking up the place. They're running out of steam...

Princess

Wings have to win tonight

Pandora

Round two, game two: tough loss for my Grizzly bears. Not really sure why Ibaka managed to tackle Battier and not get a tech for it. He'd been body checking the Grizzlies all night without any calls. Why have the refs the past several postseason games been calling tight games for Memphis and loose games for their opponent? You'd think that since we knocked out the four-time national champions as an 8-seed that we could have earned a little respect. :roll: Like 2002 all over again. :roll:

Mara

Part of me wants to feel sorry for the Capitals... but most of me doesn't. :p

They always seem to do well until the playoffs. *snickers*

Princess

Caps got swept

James the Defender

*drinks to the memory of the Flyers* Oh, Orange and Black, we hardly knew ye! Tim Thomas proving too much...and just think! We could've had him last season if we'd just given up Jeff Carter!!!!!! :cry::puppydogeyes:

This is great: Star Wars/NFL

Edited by James the Defender

Princess

I was so disappointed when the Wings lost last night. We used to be able to beat the Sharks and beat them good. Neimi is just one of those amazing goalies.

GI_Admiral

Im so depressed about the Red Wings -.- we cannot lose to the sharks again T_T

Mara

So you're anti-Niemi, not pro-Niemi? :p

Tigers won three straight against the Yankees, whoo!

Princess

Someone needs to break his knees :p

James the Defender

Let's see, what needs to happen first... Flyers need a GOALIE, not some guy from off the street to stand in the net and look pretty... They need to get rid of Jeff Carter and rip the "C" off Richards' chest and give it to a leader. Hmm...train someone to stand in front of Tim Thomas so he can't get out of the paint... Umm...Ed Snider needs to get off his rear and get his defense some help in goal and not blame this series loss on Lavs... Peter Laviolette better be around next season or I'll go visit the Flyers' headquarters to personally chew out Snider... Laviolette is the best coach we've had in DECADES.

Bruins came out firing, focused, and they helped their goalie. The Flyers could help their goalie...if they had one. I have respect for Boucher and Bobrovsky, but both of them are back-ups. They have to get someone in goal who doesn't go down to the butterfly when the opponents have been going upstairs all night long...

I think that's all...

You know, this wouldn't be so bad for me except I have a co-worker who's a Bruins fan... :mad:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.