Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Princess

Don't celebrate too much, they only beat the Tigers

Uncle Du

Just the first win of many this year.

James the Defender

The Phillies are 2-0. 162-0 sounds good this year! :D:nutty:

I think the biggest thing about our starting five isn't just the fact that they are all former No. 1 starters, it's not just that they are all very, very good. It's intimidation.

Take the Astros, for instance. Game 1: They got to Halladay, made him throw a ton of pitches, knocked him out after six. Off day for Doc. Great! Game 2: Cliff Lee... 'nuff said. Now, here comes game 3: Roy Oswalt.

If there's a four game series for a team, then they face Hamels. (This is assuming the rotation looks like this when the four game series comes up)

There's the trap. "Okay, we got past Halladay. Crap, here comes Lee...okay that's over. What the--! Here comes Oswalt! Okay, game four...Now what?! Hamels? Are you kidding me?!" It can be very disheartening.

I also know it's not that easy for some teams. The Phillies have a big ol' red target on their backs. Everyone is gunning for them. Bring 'em on! :nahnah:

Edited by James the Defender

Uncle Du

I wish I had more time to actually learn more about baseball, lol.

Mara

The Yankees may not have done so well against the Tigers if their right field fence was actually normal sized. :p

Everything that direction was a home run.

And I think the 'Canes are missing the playoffs again. 2 points out of 8th, with three games left.

Uncle Du

Well, last time I checked the Avs are the second worse team in the NHL, so you're still better than us. :p

James the Defender

Flyers are running out of gas, so I can't even brag... :(

Princess

Wings clinched the Central Division title yesterday. They can finish no lower than 3rd in the West. And the Devils haven't made the playoffs for the first time in 13 seasons

James the Defender

Woot! I HATE the Devils! :snipe: They're a North Jersey based team that stole a South Jersey legend--the Jersey Devil--for its team name!

Go Flyers!

Edited by James the Defender

Mara

Well, last time I checked the Avs are the second worse team in the NHL, so you're still better than us. :p

Meh. :p

I'll just have to satisfy myself with them getting a winning record... unless a miracle happens and they win, and the Rangers and Sabres lose all their games. Ahahahaha. Considering they play Detroit on Wednesday. Weird for inter-conference this late in the season.

And another thing... regarding baseball. What is up with this screwy schedule? Unless it's just my team. But first it was Yankees series, now Baltimore, with a day off in between the first and second games of the series. And also, since when did 1:00 afternoon games become 3:00? I don't get to see the Tigers on TV now except on weekends.

Uncle Du

I wouldn't know, cause I don't really pay much attention to the actual schedule. :p

James the Defender

Sixes, Flyers, AND Phillies lost!!!!!!!! :cry: Hat trick of a very band kind!!! :cry:

Mara

Oh, my goodness. The 'Canes actually beat the Wings.

First time since 2006, I found out afterwards. :p

Now, if the Rangers can lose tonight... *crosses fingers*

James the Defender

Phils won!!! Flyers better win tonight!

Mara

Ahaha. Rangers lost.

Now I need a 'Canes win tonight against Atlanta.

And the Tigers got their third win today, yay.

Ayingel

Twins won their home opener ^ ^

James the Defender

Avoided another bad hat trick. Phillies lost, Flyers lost, Sixers won. Too bad I care about baseball and hockey MUCH MUCH more than I do about basketball...

Mara

Stupid Rangers for beating New Jersey, and stupid Lightning for creaming the 'Canes.

Oh, well, maybe next year. :p

Time to focus on baseball! Yay, Tigers.

Princess

I like that the defending champs got into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth

James the Defender

I think it's hilarious they almost missed. That would have been funny as heck, especially considering they beat my Flyers for the Cup last year.

Go Flyers!

Bad furday

http://deadspin.com/#!5791217/charlie-villanueva-and-ryan-hollins-celebrate-end-of-miserable-seasons-with-an-eye+gouging-affair

Excellent excellent! *cackle*

And the best quote:

So perhaps Detroit's Charlie Villanueva and Cleveland's Ryan Hollins were craving a more exciting exit. Perhaps that's why Villanueva went absolutely apesith after swinging his fist into Hollins while setting a screen for teammate Greg Monroe, and then took off down the visitors' tunnel to intimidate the taunting Hollins.

Mara

I think it's hilarious they almost missed. That would have been funny as heck, especially considering they beat my Flyers for the Cup last year.

Go Flyers!

Kind of like how the 'Canes missed in '07? :p

James the Defender

Go Flyers!

That's not as funny to me, though. The 'Canes didn't beat the Flyers that year in the playoffs to win the cup, so I'm not upset at them.

Why did the 'Canes miss? Did they lose a lot of players? Injuries? Bad officiating?

Princess

Don't get me started on Bad officiating. Good thing that Phoenix's powerplay sucks. We were down, 5 on 3 last night, Darren Helm got a breakaway. got elbowed in the head on said breakaway in front of the ref and no call.

Mara

Go Flyers!

That's not as funny to me, though. The 'Canes didn't beat the Flyers that year in the playoffs to win the cup, so I'm not upset at them.

Why did the 'Canes miss? Did they lose a lot of players? Injuries? Bad officiating?

Well, they couldn't, anyway. They're both in the east. ;p

And they beat the Oilers, who I can't say have been awesome since '06 either, haha.

This year or in '07? Either way, the same answer: They just sucked. :p

Apparently they think they only need to play well in April.

But on a high note.. the Tigers have won three games in a row! Wowzers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.