Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

James the Defender

I think it's hilarious they almost missed. That would have been funny as heck, especially considering they beat my Flyers for the Cup last year.

Go Flyers!

Kind of like how the 'Canes missed in '07? :p

That's not as funny to me, though. The 'Canes didn't beat the Flyers that year in the playoffs to win the cup, so I'm not upset at them.

Why did the 'Canes miss? Did they lose a lot of players? Injuries? Bad officiating?

Well, they couldn't, anyway. They're both in the east. ;p

And they beat the Oilers, who I can't say have been awesome since '06 either, haha.

This year or in '07? Either way, the same answer: They just sucked. :p

Apparently they think they only need to play well in April.

I meant in '07, and that they didn't play the Flyers in that season to go on to win the Cup.

I met Phillies 3rd Baseman Placido Polanco yesterday! He was opening a Verizon Wireless store right down the street from work! I took my entire lunch break to go over there and get him to sign a hat. I shook his hand! It was GREAT! :D

Uncle Du

That's cool!

I found out that my Sis and Bro-In-Law got me a signed, authentic photo of Paul Stastny. Can't wait till I actually have it! ;)

Princess

Glad that Tampa Bay won last night :D

And the Wings today.

Uncle Du

I can't believe how HORRIBLE Tim Thomas looks! I don't know what his deal is, he's a mediocre playoff goalie at best.

Mara

I think it's hilarious they almost missed. That would have been funny as heck, especially considering they beat my Flyers for the Cup last year.

Go Flyers!

That's not as funny to me, though. The 'Canes didn't beat the Flyers that year in the playoffs to win the cup, so I'm not upset at them.

Why did the 'Canes miss? Did they lose a lot of players? Injuries? Bad officiating?

And they beat the Oilers, who I can't say have been awesome since '06 either, haha.

I meant in '07, and that they didn't play the Flyers in that season to go on to win the Cup.

I met Phillies 3rd Baseman Placido Polanco yesterday! He was opening a Verizon Wireless store right down the street from work! I took my entire lunch break to go over there and get him to sign a hat. I shook his hand! It was GREAT! :D

Ahh...

And I've met him, too. :p

I have a picture to prove it.

James the Defender

Go Flyers!

Ahh...

That's right, he was a Tiger, wasn't he? I think it's very cool that you and I met the same player even though we are states and states apart and are fans of different teams--in different leagues, to boot!

Mara

Go Flyers!

Ahh...

That's right, he was a Tiger, wasn't he? I think it's very cool that you and I met the same player even though we are states and states apart and are fans of different teams--in different leagues, to boot!

Yeah... it was in '08. I sometimes wish he was still our second baseman. :p

It was picture day though, so we didn't really get to talk to him much.

James the Defender

We put him at the hot corner, and he's been pure money. He deserved a Gold Glove last year for his performance, but he missed too many games due to injury.

Go Orange and Black! 2-1 series lead! Without Chris Pronger, too! Go Flyers!

Edited by James the Defender

Princess

I have a picture of me and Brandon Inge

Princess

And normally I don't mind 10:30 Wings games, but I have an interview in the morning, I can't go to it in a late-night hockey game hangover

Princess

And I should have stayed up and watched because I couldn't sleep anyways

James the Defender

How'd things go?

Princess

I rocked the interview and the Wings won

James the Defender

*hoists a drink* Congrats on both!

Princess

Thanks. I even remembered to send a thank you email to the supervisor.

Holy penalty minutes batman. I've only watched the 3rd period of the Canucks game, but damn. They had a whole line in the box at one point and earned 50 PIM in the 3rd.

James the Defender

The Flyers-Sabres series has been the same. The calls--and non-calls--have been ridiculous. Scott Hartnell was on the ice, face down, covering a puck, still partially in the air. A Sabre was pushing his back down with his stick, and pushing and pushing, clearly not trying to go after the puck. The official finally bows the whistle. Scottie gets up and gets in the Sabre's face, gives him a little shove and they BOTH go to the box. Completely unfair. Another play, Scottie tried to stop while skating hard after a play was over. He ends up inadvertently knocking the goal off. He gets a delay-of-game call. The officiating has been terrible. NHL, NBA playoff officiating, both. MLB umpires have been terrible, too, for a few years now. Soon we'll be seeing seeing-eye-dogs on the field/court/ice.

They'll even have little paw skates, too! :p

Princess

LOL.

Have you seen Johan Franzen's face? He got 21 stitches the other night and still came back to the game

Mara

We put him at the hot corner, and he's been pure money. He deserved a Gold Glove last year for his performance, but he missed too many games due to injury.

Go Orange and Black! 2-1 series lead! Without Chris Pronger, too! Go Flyers!

I dunno. I think he's better at 2nd. ;p

And is it strange that I'm rooting for the Flyers as well, because of their coach? :p

I have a picture of me and Brandon Inge

He's about the only one I didn't get. He was helping the pitcher warm up, and wasn't there for pictures.

Edited by Mara

Uncle Du

Well, I gotta say, that I want the Sabres to win this. Mostly because my Sis and Bro-In-Law are UB alums and rabid Sabres fans. Only time I'll root for the Flyers is when they're playin' sithtsburgh or Detroit. ;)

Uncle Du

What a GREAT game! I love the physicality of the playoffs!

Princess

SWEEP!!!

James the Defender

Series tied 2-2...We really need Pronger. We're going to be hard pressed to win this series without him. I hope he's back for Game 5.

Mara

Well, I gotta say, that I want the Sabres to win this. Mostly because my Sis and Bro-In-Law are UB alums and rabid Sabres fans. Only time I'll root for the Flyers is when they're playin' sithtsburgh or Detroit. ;)

I just think it would be totally awesome if the Flyers won the Cup, sticking it to our owner for firing Peter Laviolette.

James the Defender

I concur with Mara :p

Peter Laviolette is AWESOME!!! :D

Mara

I know. I miss him. :(

He got us a Cup. Paul got us squat. (And a Cup loss in '02).

Oh, well... go Charlotte Checkers!

(Yes, they're the AHL affiliate of the 'Canes, and actually in the playoffs :p).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.