TheUnknown

The Walking Dead

104 posts in this topic

So any fans?  Not as good as Game of Thrones (which I got into at the same time), but still a very good show. 

My favorite characters are probably Daryl and Carl (I don't get why people hate Carl so much).

Edited by TheUnknown
Added Tags

Wow did we really not have a thread for this?

I really love this show, got into it late but all caught up at the moment and can't wait for the next series!

I really like Daryl and Carl too, even if Carl is going a bit dark side. But then who wouldn't, being raised in those circumstances?

That's what makes Carl so interesting to me. 

Also, did you know that the actors who play Rick, Maggie, and the Governor are all Brits?

Yeah, there are a lot of Brits in US television at the moment. I think it's part of a greater plan to infiltrate you from the inside...oops, I've said too much! ;)

It's weird knowing that this show is filmed in and takes place in my home state. 

A month and a half until it returns.

Woop woop! Apparently Carl is meant to get even darker in this series

I wonder if they're going to go with some of the things that happen to him in the comics, like losing his eye or almost getting raped.

I've not actually read the comics... Argh, my eyes, the spoilers! :p

Neither have I.  I just knew about that.

Here's a question for you.  Was Carl justified in shooting that teen at the end of last season?  I've seen it argued two different ways.  One being the tact that Harshel goes for that says that Carl killed him in cold blood.  The other says that the kid wasn't surrendering, that he was inching closer to Carl with the gun still in his hands.

As a Brit, I think I'm biased on the side of not shooting the kid. Personally I think I'd have given him the benefit of the doubt, but been cautious.

Walking Dead is a great show, Cant wait till it starts back up on Television for the Darkest series yet :) 

Tomorrow is the day.

By far the most interesting thing from the premier was the end.  I do know if that means the virus is now airborne or what, but it should make from some interesting TV.

Premiere for UK is Friday 18th October 2013, wish it was on Monday.

It has occured to me that the guy Carl kills had Michelle Bachmann eyes.

First episode was on last night in the UK. Also wondering what the ending means... or if it is as simple as he was ill and died so turned?

Either way the episode went too fast lol

I think the virus they're all carrying has mutated into a new strain that can kill without having to be bitten first, causes hemorraging, and allows for very rapid reanimation.  The question then becomes is this new strain communicable through water/air/food/touching/etc.

Edited by TheUnknown

I'm hearing speculation that it's Ebola.

Ah, that wouldn't be fun in a world without health care

So far this season has been kinda....slow.  Going from season one, which just seemed non-stop, hang on for the ride type story-telling, now I find myself, getting bored with the episodes.  I mean, you don't HAVE to wait until the very end of the episode to do some crazy stuff!!

Second episode this week in the UK :), Cant Wait

• Similar Content

• Star Wars: The Clone Wars
      in Television
      Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a CGI animated television series which continues from the animated movie of the same name. It is set during the time between Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith.
      The Clone Wars was aired from October 2008 until March 2014. It was cancelled shortly after Disney acquired Lucasfilm and the Star Wars franchise. The final series was not broadcast on television, being made available through Netflix, and several undeveloped story arcs were adapted as part of the The Clone Wars Legacy series.
    • Star Wars Rebels season two
      in Star Wars Saga
      An extended trailer for the second season of Star Wars Rebels was revealed at Star Wars Celebration this Saturday.The animated show on Disney XD has proved itself with the first season, and producers have said that season two has almost twice as many episodes as the first. The first episode of season two, titled The Siege of Lothal, was also screened at the Star Wars Celebration Anaheim fan event on Saturday.

Click here to view the article
    • Star Wars Rebels season two
      in Television
      The animated show on Disney XD has proved itself with the first season, and producers have said that season two has almost twice as many episodes as the first. The first episode of season two, titled The Siege of Lothal, was also screened at the Star Wars Celebration Anaheim fan event on Saturday.

• New rumors of live-action TV series surface
      in Star Wars Saga
      New rumors have surfaced suggesting that the Star Wars live action television show is not yet dead. Details are still absent from these new rumors, but it is believed that Disney intend to produce a series to keep fans occupied in between movies, in a similar manner to Marvel's Agents of SHEILD.

According to these latest rumours, the show would feature previously established characters from outside the main movies of the Star Wars saga, and would likely be produced for Disney's ABC television network.

It's best to take this information with a gargantuan serving of salt, as it has now been a full ten years since we were originally teased by George Lucas about the show being in the works in 2005. Last year it was reported that the show had entered the casting phase, but a lack of further casting rumors since then seem to indicate that this was not the case.

Click here to view the article
    • New rumors of live-action TV series surface
      in Television
      New rumors have surfaced suggesting that the Star Wars live action television show is not yet dead. Details are still absent from these new rumors, but it is believed that Disney intend to produce a series to keep fans occupied in between movies, in a similar manner to Marvel's Agents of SHEILD.

According to these latest rumours, the show would feature previously established characters from outside the main movies of the Star Wars saga, and would likely be produced for Disney's ABC television network.

It's best to take this information with a gargantuan serving of salt, as it has now been a full ten years since we were originally teased by George Lucas about the show being in the works in 2005. Last year it was reported that the show had entered the casting phase, but a lack of further casting rumors since then seem to indicate that this was not the case.