Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

Notable Quotables

Bad furday

From another board I was scouting around on:

Yes, there seems to be an awful lot of coitus for a show based on the premise of socially-inept nerds.

answered with:

This show isn't called "The Big Bang Theory" for nuthin'.

:lol:

:shifty:

Pandora

Omg I love that show. Yesterday I wore my "Dr. Sheldon Cooper: just one lab accident away from becoming a super villain" T-shirt to a lab meeting. It was a Valentine's gift from Daniel. :D

Radioactive Isotope

BBT warms the cockles of my little geek heart. :D

Bad furday

From an article about spending one's summer at an Indian call centre:

Shail was bright and personable, with effortless good looks. I asked how she and Satish had met. "Online," she said, giggling. "Yahoo Chat. He proposed without seeing me. It was so embarrassing." Satish had selected her screen name at random and "proposed" that they date. Later, he told me he'd done the same with dozens of girls. "I never used to attend his chats," Shail said. "But something happened; we started talking and I realized that really he is loving me. After a few months, I accepted his proposal."

They planned to spend a few years working in Delhi before getting married and moving to Satish's home state of Tamil Nadu. "There is slight language problem," Shail admitted. She doesn't speak Tamil and Satish doesn't speak Hindi. "Even when we want to fight, we fight in English."

The stage is set for a "That word....does not mean what you think it means!" moment. :)

Jake Durron

LOL

Mara

Omg I love that show. Yesterday I wore my "Dr. Sheldon Cooper: just one lab accident away from becoming a super villain" T-shirt to a lab meeting. It was a Valentine's gift from Daniel. :D

My dad got a "Bazinga" T-shirt for Christmas. :p

Pandora

I'm wearing that one today.

From an article about spending one's summer at an Indian call centre:

Shail was bright and personable, with effortless good looks. I asked how she and Satish had met. "Online," she said, giggling. "Yahoo Chat. He proposed without seeing me. It was so embarrassing." Satish had selected her screen name at random and "proposed" that they date. Later, he told me he'd done the same with dozens of girls. "I never used to attend his chats," Shail said. "But something happened; we started talking and I realized that really he is loving me. After a few months, I accepted his proposal."

They planned to spend a few years working in Delhi before getting married and moving to Satish's home state of Tamil Nadu. "There is slight language problem," Shail admitted. She doesn't speak Tamil and Satish doesn't speak Hindi. "Even when we want to fight, we fight in English."

The stage is set for a "That word....does not mean what you think it means!" moment. :)

:rofl: love it!!!

Pandora

My mother just now:

We're watching Spaceballs.

Movie: Sir! The radar appears to be....jammed!

Mom: ... Oh my God. I JUST got that! How many times have I seen this? Wow I'm an idiot...

Me: That's your karma for making fun of that customer today that didn't know what would happen if you put a male and female dog together.

Jake Durron

HEHEHEHE Oh Momma Angie... I miss her!!! and you!!! :wail:

Pandora

*hugs* We miss you too!

Jake Durron

I can't wait until I can get out of this damn apartment... it sucks because I don't think that the company is in tn yet but I'll still come down for maybe a week or so in august if I get the chance... otherwise I'll make it a bigger trip in sept

Jake Durron

Me at work:

I Make the "go right Now." announcement from the other side of the store and walk over so there's a crowd formed when I get there, well my mic has a really long distance allowance on it. So I'm on the other end of the aisle greeting the crowd. "Ooh people! Hi! How are all y'all doin' today?" and they all look around confused and startled and then I joked, "Relax, it's just the voice in your head... I sound so nice don't I?" even more confused looks, "Naw just kidding it's a speaker, look down." lololol then I'm at the crowd so they see me rofl! I amuse myself!

Jake Durron

Me at work:

I Make the "go right Now." announcement from the other side of the store and walk over so there's a crowd formed when I get there, well my mic has a really long distance allowance on it. So I'm on the other end of the aisle greeting the crowd. "Ooh people! Hi! How are all y'all doin' today?" and they all look around confused and startled and then I joked, "Relax, it's just the voice in your head... I sound so nice don't I?" even more confused looks, "Naw just kidding it's a speaker, look down." lololol then I'm at the crowd so they see me rofl! I amuse myself!

Princess

Okay, your smartphone = not so smart

Jake Durron

... I know *sighs* it's the stupid old version of an iPhone

Gee thanks first gen!

Ayingel

However, the post was hilarious.

Bad furday

Full article here:

http://jalopnik.com/5821967/1972-starcraft-rv-handles-like-a-wells-fargo-stagecoach

Best quote though:

The "Starcruiser" as Lindemann called it, had everything you might expect from a vintage RV including plaid interior, tiny bathrooms, questionable build quality and terrifying handling.

I can see the GBnet version ending spectacularly badly. "The wreckage of the GBnet motorhome...was strewn across the valley. Indeed, discoverers of the wreck first thought it was the crash of a commuter plane, and were shocked to learn it had once been an RV." :p

Jake Durron

ROFL

TheUnknown

Your cow noises are......impressive. Most impressive. In fact, I think that adding the word 'moo' to the end of your posts makes you sound so superior that I'm going to convert to Corsecism and spend the rest of my life at airports attempting to get others to see the light as I have.

Thank you. Thank you for your brilliant words of wisdom. You are truly enlightened.

Edited by TheUnknown
Getting the name to show up in the quote

Radioactive Isotope

Wow. Someone's been dumpster diving. :p

Princess

Where did you find that one?

TheUnknown

It was in the "Lines that can be improved by adding 'pants'" thread.

Pandora

...I think I remember that one. :lol:

Jake Durron

Me to a couple with a baby at the restaurant tonight: "Aww what a cute little cribmidget... Omg I'm so sorry that just slipped out!"

Princess

That just made me snort!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.