Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

Notable Quotables

Bad furday

From my comment section travels:

Ghostbusters was based on real events, I am sure. I lived in NY in the 80s and it was really like that.

Except for Ecto 1. No way they could have ever found parking.

TheUnknown

From Gin and Tacos:

That people could eat horse for months without realizing it is implausible only to someone who is unfamiliar with British food.

Pandora

I've had this rather awkward conversation via email since this morning... (it's awkward because Chuck is a "nontraditional student" and the definition of the dirty old man).

Chuck: Hey Bang Your Head-Were You Supposed to Email Me Sometype of Link?

Ps: Mental Health Will Drive You Mad

and

Jesus Saves.......

....but Moses Invests

Me: Oops, you had that gmail account set as your email address. Fixed it and resent it (to your U of M email account).

And it's METAL health will drive you mad. And I was actually listening to Alice Cooper, not Quiet Riot. :p

Chuck: Metal Health Got it-I guess the rumor's true about the Ace Freeley tattoo, you're definitely are a metal head

Me: Now lets get one thing straight. If I were to get a tattoo it would be Nikki Sixx. Girl's gotta have her standards.

Chuck: Understood, I am still trying to figure out a way to get the $$$ to Jessica Simpson with a Bald Eagle off my ass.....

Me: Well that sounds like a fun story involving tequila and a hangover that I NEVER want to hear...

Princess

Poor Pod

TheUnknown

More from Gin and Tacos:

Goals are the building blocks of failure. Use them to construct a mighty edifice of disappointment.

Masters Degree programs are to higher education what extended warranties are to Best Buy.

NO, I'm not jealous of your vacation pictures. I could totally do that too if I had friends, money, or the will to live.

"Is there any chance I can get a C in this class?"

"Your exam and paper grades were 50, 50, and 65. Is there any chance you can do math?"

According to the US Forest Service, 9 out of 10 forest fires are started by humans. Which is terrifying, because somewhere out there are bears who can use matches.

Bad furday

I like the goals one, and the vacation pics one the most! :D

TheUnknown

I was eating and almost choked at this one:

You people like soccer. I don't want to hear it. Soccer is like watching Terri Schiavo's dreams.

Another:

When the only reason you're still wearing clothes is so that the Domino's guy won't judge you.
Edited by TheUnknown

Bad furday

Excellent, excellent! :D

Bad furday

Found this in the comments section of an article about being wrongly detained at the airport...

It's never ceased to amaze me how the majority of customs/TSA/flight crews are totally ignorant of the world. You would think working in travel hubs where people of all nationalities, religions, backgrounds they would be slightly more worldy.

I am lucky to have never dealt with serious security hold ups (except for this one time in Turkey when my shoelace hilariously stuck out in the x-ray scan from my can of shaving lotion so it looked like I had a stick of dynamite in my bag). However, one summer after a happy field season I wore a shirt with the Turkish flag home (white crescent and star on a red background). The man who stamped my passport in to return to the US asked "so how was Russia?" I told him it was great.

:lol:

-- no, I don't know why the quote came out different colours :p

Edited by Bad furday

TheUnknown

[quote="Gin and Tacos"]Sandra Lee's recipes read like what I imagine the surviving members of the Manson Family would make to welcome one another upon their release from supermax.

Friend: "But the rule is that half your age plus seven is the youngest person you can date."

Ed: "You know, Jews are allowed to eat non-Kosher food if the alternative is starving to death. Look it up."

As final exams begin, please keep the grandparents of America's college students in your prayers as they die in unprecedented numbers over the next ten days.

Men who own swords use them mostly to defend their virginity.

CAN A WHISTLING CO-WORKER'S TONGUE AND LIPS BE REMOVED WITHOUT LEAVING ANY EVIDENCE? ASKING FOR A FRIEND.

Rick Perry was created in a laboratory to appeal to people who liked George W. Bush but found him too intellectual.

Princess

LOL I like the last one.

I heard a quote on The Daily Show from early December today with Rick Santorum talking about a "frothy backlog" and Jon Stewart was mocking him quite nicely for it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.