• Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TheUnknown

Anyone watching this TV show based on the Stephen King novel? 

Is it any good?  I haven't seen it (nor have I read the book).

Andy

I was wondering the same thing actually, looked interesting from the trailers I'd seen... never read the book myself

Mara

I watched it. I thought it was good. But I haven't read the book either, so... ;p 

Though apparently it is different than the book, from something I saw online awhile back - specifically, the reason for the dome. I won't say more, in case you or I do read the book later.

They renewed it for a second season that will air this summer. Looking forward to it.

Mara

Season three starts tonight! :D

Andy

I still need to check it out, what's it like?

Mara

Kerrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy sauce.

No, seriously, it's kind of hard to explain, haha.  But I will try... Hmm.   It's one of those shows that definitely makes you think.. and you don't always know what is the truth or what is going on....  I guess a little like LOST in that vein? But still entirely different-ish.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• New images from The Mandalorian

The first season of The Mandalorian will be available to Disney Plus subscribers as soon as it launches on 12 November 2019, it has been announced. A second series has already been ordered by Lucasfilm.
      New images (see below) have also been released, and attendees at Celebration Chicago were treated to some behind the scenes footage and an exclusive clip of the Jon Favreau live-action Star Wars TV show, that were cut from the live stream, but there was no official trailer shown.
      The Mandalorian follows a mysterious lone gunfighter (played by Pedro Pascal) on the outer reaches of the galaxy, about five years after the Battle of Endor seen in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi. The titular character's true name is unknown, and he is said to be of "questionable moral character". 
      Gina Carano will play a former Rebel shock trooper named Kara Dune, with Carl Weathers portraying Greef Marka who heads up a guild of bounty hunters.  Werner Herzog appears to be some kind of Imperial administrator who hires the Mandalorian for a mission. Other supporting cast members include Giancarlo Esposito, Emily Swallow, Omid Abtahi, and Nick Nolte.
      The show is said to have a Western feel to it and Favreau has said he would include elements from other parts of the Star Wars universe such as the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series, and has he has also taken some inspiration from the Star Wars Legends expanded universe. 

• The Mandalorian

The Mandalorian is a TV series set after the fall of the Empire, featuring an all-new cast of characters. It was announced by Disney CEO Bob Iger in November 2017, and will air on the new streaming service Disney+ in late 2019.

Plot Summary
      After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.
    • Filming wraps on The Mandalorian TV show

Principle filming for The Mandalorian has finished, according to the folks over at Disney.
      There is still no word on a release date for the new Star Wars TV show, which is set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, but new information is expected to be revealed at Star Wars Celebration in April.
      Pedro Pascal (Game of Thrones) is playing the titular role of the Mandalorian, with supporting roles from Nick Nolte, Werner Herzog, Gina Carano, Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), and Emily Swallow (Supernatural). Little else is currently known about the show, but producers previously teased that classic trilogy characters R5-D4 and IG-88 will make an appearance.
      The Mandalorian debuts on the Disney+ streaming service, later this year.
    • Untitled Cassian Andor live-action series

So it looks like the new Disney streaming service (creatively named Disney+) will be adding a second live-action Star Wars show to its lineup.
      Joining the in-production The Mandalorian will be a series focusing on Rogue One's Cassian Andor. (So obviously this is a prequel).
      https://www.starwars.com/news/cassian-andor-live-action-series-announced

Having sort of a SW spy thriller sounds like it could have good potential.  Plus there is the possibility of more K-2/Alan Tudyk. So I'M IN.
    • Krypton

Anyone else checking this out?

I've only seen the first episode so far...  but I think it's a new obsession.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.