Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TheUnknown

The Walking Dead

TheUnknown

So any fans?  Not as good as Game of Thrones (which I got into at the same time), but still a very good show. 

My favorite characters are probably Daryl and Carl (I don't get why people hate Carl so much).

Edited by TheUnknown
Added Tags
  • Upvote 1

Andy

Wow did we really not have a thread for this?

I really love this show, got into it late but all caught up at the moment and can't wait for the next series!

I really like Daryl and Carl too, even if Carl is going a bit dark side. But then who wouldn't, being raised in those circumstances?

TheUnknown

That's what makes Carl so interesting to me. 

Also, did you know that the actors who play Rick, Maggie, and the Governor are all Brits?

Andy

Yeah, there are a lot of Brits in US television at the moment. I think it's part of a greater plan to infiltrate you from the inside...oops, I've said too much! ;)

TheUnknown

It's weird knowing that this show is filmed in and takes place in my home state. 

TheUnknown

A month and a half until it returns.

Andy

Woop woop! Apparently Carl is meant to get even darker in this series

TheUnknown

I wonder if they're going to go with some of the things that happen to him in the comics, like losing his eye or almost getting raped.

Andy

I've not actually read the comics... Argh, my eyes, the spoilers! :p

TheUnknown

Neither have I.  I just knew about that.

TheUnknown

Here's a question for you.  Was Carl justified in shooting that teen at the end of last season?  I've seen it argued two different ways.  One being the tact that Harshel goes for that says that Carl killed him in cold blood.  The other says that the kid wasn't surrendering, that he was inching closer to Carl with the gun still in his hands.

Andy

As a Brit, I think I'm biased on the side of not shooting the kid. Personally I think I'd have given him the benefit of the doubt, but been cautious.

Shane

Walking Dead is a great show, Cant wait till it starts back up on Television for the Darkest series yet :) 

• Upvote 1

TheUnknown

Tomorrow is the day.

Andy

:eek:

TheUnknown

By far the most interesting thing from the premier was the end.  I do know if that means the virus is now airborne or what, but it should make from some interesting TV.

Shane

Premiere for UK is Friday 18th October 2013, wish it was on Monday.

TheUnknown

It has occured to me that the guy Carl kills had Michelle Bachmann eyes.

Andy

First episode was on last night in the UK. Also wondering what the ending means... or if it is as simple as he was ill and died so turned?

Either way the episode went too fast lol

TheUnknown

I think the virus they're all carrying has mutated into a new strain that can kill without having to be bitten first, causes hemorraging, and allows for very rapid reanimation.  The question then becomes is this new strain communicable through water/air/food/touching/etc.

Edited by TheUnknown

TheUnknown

I'm hearing speculation that it's Ebola.

Andy

Ah, that wouldn't be fun in a world without health care

Uncle Du

So far this season has been kinda....slow.  Going from season one, which just seemed non-stop, hang on for the ride type story-telling, now I find myself, getting bored with the episodes.  I mean, you don't HAVE to wait until the very end of the episode to do some crazy stuff!!

Shane

Second episode this week in the UK :), Cant Wait

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.