Andy 60 Posted June 25, 2003 Placebo - Nancy Boy Alcoholic kind of mood Lose my clothes Lose my lube Cruising for a piece of fun Looking out for number one Different partner every night So narcotic outta sight What a gas what a beautiful ass And it all breaks down at the role reversal Got the muse in my head she's universal Spinnin' me round she's coming over me And it all breaks down at the first rehearsal Got the muse in my head she's universal Spinnin' me round she's coming over me Kind of buzz that lasts for days Had some help from insect ways Comes across all shy and coy Just another nancy boy Woman man or modern monkey Just another happy junkie Fifty pounds Press my button Going down And it all breaks down at the role reversal Got the muse in my head she's universal Spinnin' me round she's coming over me And it all breaks down at the first rehearsal Got the muse in my head she's universal Spinnin' me round she's coming over me does his makeup in his room Douse himself with cheap perfume Eyeholes in a paper bag Greatest lay I ever had Kind of guy who mates for life Gotta help him find a wife We're a couple When our bodies double And it all breaks down at the role reversal Got the muse in my head she's universal Spinnin' me round she's coming over me And it all breaks down at the first rehearsal Got the muse in my head she's universal Spinnin' me round she's coming over me And it all breaks down at the role reversal Got the muse in my head she's universal Spinnin' me round she's coming over me And it all breaks down at the first rehearsal Got the muse in my head she's universal Spinnin' me round she's coming over me Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted June 28, 2003 Velvet Revolver - Set Me Free (from The Hulk soundtrack) You operate and motivate on synthetic fuel You're mother nature and an atom bomb As long as you're kept full of pretty bodies Your little secret will be safe with me Around again Insane again It comes again And sets me free So set me free, set me free 'Cause I think you need my soul Set me free, set me free You kept a lock and pulled a rise and fall I'm thinking mama never lies And everything that you see But now I did it all, I did a little I wanna take you down with me Around again Insane again She comes again And sets me free So set me free, set me free 'Cause I think you need my soul Set me free, set me free ((x2)) So take me down Take me, down, down, down, down Take me down, take me down ((x2)) So set me free, set me free 'Cause I think you need my soul Set me free, set me free ((x4)) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted July 4, 2003 This is probably one of the funniest songs I've heard. I'd suggest any who can to download it or go buy the new CD. Weird Al Yankovic - Couch Potato (Lose Yourself parody) Look If you had One shot To sit on your lazy butt And watch all the TV you ever wanted Until your brain turned to mush Would you go for it? Or just let it slip? Yo Remote is ready Eyes wide, palms are sweaty There's Flintstones on the TV already Wilma 'n' Betty No virgin to channel surfin' And I'm HD-ready So I flip Garbage is all I'm getting There's Simon Cowell Who folks wanna disembowel He opens his mouth Always says something foul They're dyin', wow Wannabes are crying now He votes them out Time to throw in the towel Shows based on reality Oh, the humanity! Oh, Ozzy's family Sho' loves profanity Whoa, the insanity Oh, dogs that crap and pee Home of depravity? No, they live happily Yo Plus "Da Ali G Show" And "Celebrity Mole" Oh, and there's Anna Nicole Well, she's scaring me "Look ma, no cavities" Oh, it's a station break Better go out to the kitchen and microwave something "You're gonna lose your mind watchin' TV" They told me, they'd scold me But I'd still tune in every show (show) My cable gets C-SPAN, TV-Land, and HBO The Travel Channel, Discovery, and Lifetime (yo) "You're gonna lose your mind watchin' TV" They told me, cajoled me, "Turn off those music videos" (no) I'm gonna watch C-SPAN, TV-Land, and HBO The History Channel and QVC and Lifetime (yo) (You're gonna) My butt is aching As I watch NASCAR racing That show about undertaking Larry King To "24" to "Law And Order" The Weather Channel's boring like "60 Minutes"'s ancient reporters Next up on "E! True Hollywood Story" The rise and decline of twelve actors named Corey Shows for next fall, they've already been namin' "CSI: Boise" and "Touched By An Uncle" both sound pretty lame 'n' So does "Everybody Tolerates Raymond" And "King of Queens" jumped the shark the first minute I can't believe Richard Simmons ain't in it I'll move right on to "8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenaged Daughter" Then I bet I watch "The Bachelorette" Followed by "Welcome Back, Kotter" And "The Muppet Show" where they go 'Mahna Mahna' "You're gonna lose your mind watching TV" They told me, they'd scold me But I'd still tune in every show (show) My cable gets C-SPAN, TV-Land, and HBO The Disney Channel and A&E and Lifetime (yo) "You're gonna lose your mind watching TV" They told me, cajoled me But I still love Lisa Kudrow (drow) I'm looking at C-SPAN, TV-Land, and HBO The Playboy Channel and Court TV and Lifetime (yo) (You're Gonna) Never missed "Melrose Place" or "Lost In Space" I've seen each "Amazing Race" and "Without A Trace" But I only watched "Will And Grace" one time one day Wish I hadn't 'cause TiVo now thinks I'm gay Oh, and "Fear Factor" I watched maybe a half hour After that, felt like I needed a long shower Network execs with naked ambitions "Next week on FOX, watch lions eat Christians" Like to tie up those programming planners Make 'em watch all of that junk 'til their heads explode just like "Scanners" Leech-covered grub-eatin' fools on "Survivor" Look there's James Lipton discussing the oeuvre of Mr. Rob Schneider And there's "Gilligan" and "SpongeBob", plus there's "MacGyver" And Jay Leno has got Madonna, hey there's Luke Perry on a Special all Pig-Latin episode of "Drew Carey" Wanna turn on "E.T." 'cause I'm a gossip freak And I gotta know who J. Lo is marryin' this week A 30 second spot Then we come back to "Are You Hot?" I was planning on recording "The Sopranos" I forgot I love shows with or without a plot I'll stare 'til my legs are numb, my eyes bloodshot Because I only have got One brain to rot I'm gonna spend my life watching television a lot "You're gonna lose your mind watching TV" They told me, they'd scold me But I'd still tune in every show (show) My cable gets C-SPAN, TV-Land, and HBO The Sci-Fi Channel and AMC and Lifetime (yo) "You're gonna lose your mind watching TV" They told me, cajoled me, "Turn off that Oprah Winfrey show" (no) I got it on C-SPAN, TV-Land, and HBO The Learning Channel and MTV and Lifetime (yo) (You're gonna) You can watch anything you want to, man Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bad furday 57 Posted July 4, 2003 *applauds* I've got the CD..it's very funny! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Sticks 1 Posted July 4, 2003 Good Charlotte - Riot Girl She's got Tattoos And piercings She likes Minor Threat, she likes Social Distortion My girl's A hot girl A Hood Rider who needs an attitude adjustment Christina, wouldn't wanna meet her She hates you Britney, so you better run for cover My girl's A hot girl A riot girl and she's angry at the world Emergency, call 911 She's pissed off at everyone Police, rescue, FBI She wants a riot, she wants a riot And everywhere we go she gets us thrown out constantly But that's okay Cause I know, I know, I know my baby would do anything for me Yeah! Christina, wouldn't wanna meet her She hates you Britney, so you better run for cover My girl's A hot girl A riot girl and she's takin' on the world, I said... Emergency, call 911 She's pissed off at everyone Police, rescue, FBI She wants a riot, she wants a riot She wants a riot, she wants a riot Don't you know that all I really want is you? Gotta know that all I really want is you. Emergency, call 911 She's pissed off at everyone Police, rescue, FBI She wants riot, she wants a riot Emergency, call 911 She wants a riot, she wants a riot Police, rescue, FBI She wants a riot, she wants a riot Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted July 4, 2003 :puke: Sorry... not a fan of Good Charlotte. Nothing against you. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted July 4, 2003 Pearl Jam - "I Am Mine" The selfish they?re all standing in line... Faithing and hoping to buy themselves time. Me, I figure as each breath goes by, I only own my mind. The north is to south what the clock is to time. There's east and there's west and there's everywhere life. I know I was born and I know that I?ll die. The in between is mine. I am mine. And the feeling it gets left behind... All their innocence lost at one time... Significant behind the eyes, there?s no need to hide. We're safe tonight. The ocean is full cause everyone's crying, The full moon is looking for friends at high tide. The sorrow grows bigger when the sorrows denied. I only know my mind. I am mine. And the meaning it gets left behind... All their innocence lost at one time. Significant behind the eyes, there?s no need to hide... We're safe tonight. And the feelings they get left behind... All their innocence broken with lies. Significant between the lines, we may need to hide. And the meanings they get left behind... All their innocence lost at one time. We're all different behind the eyes, theres no need to hide. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted July 4, 2003 Good Charlotte = punks...not punk rock. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted July 4, 2003 I cant believe I'm agreeing with you again... but I am. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Sticks 1 Posted July 4, 2003 Hey, there's nothing wrong with GC! I luv them :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted July 4, 2003 They were alright...for the first 5 times. But after hearing them being constanly repeated on the radio and TV, it gets really annoying. I'm also being annoyed at the fact that they come out with new music videos like twice a month! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted July 6, 2003 Metallica - "The Unforgiven" New blood joins this earth and quikly he's subdued through constant pain disgrace the young boy learns their rules with time the child draws in this whipping boy done wrong deprived of all his thoughts the young man struggles on and on he's known a vow unto his own that never from this day his will they'll take away what I've felt what I've known never shined through in what I've shown never be never see won't see what might have been what I've felt what I've known never shined through in what I've shown never free never me so I dub the unforgiven they dedicate their lives to running all of his he tries to please them all this bitter man he is throughout his life the same he's battled constantly this fight he cannot win a tired man they see no longer cares the old man then prepares to die regretfully that old man here is me what I've felt what I've known never shined through in what I've shown never be never see won't see what might have been what I've felt what I've known never shined through in what I've shown never free never me so I dub the unforgiven you labeled me I'll label you so I dub the unforgiven Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Pandora 77 Posted July 6, 2003 *absently hums the cantina band song.* Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Pandora 77 Posted July 10, 2003 Save Tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry (came on the radio at work yesterday) Go on and close the curtains All we need is candlelight You and me and a bottle of wine Going to hold you tonight We know I'm going away How I wish....wish it weren't so Take this wine & drink with me Let's delay our misery Save tonight And fight the break of dawn Come tomorrow Tomorrow I'll be gone There's a log on the fire And it burns like me for you Tomorrow comes with one desire To take me away....it's true It ain't easy to say goodbye Darling please don't start cry 'Cause girl you know I've got to go Lord I wish it wasn't so Save tonight And fight the break of dawn Come tomorrow Tomorrow I'll be gone Tomorrow comes to take me away I wish that I......that I could stay Girl you know I've got to go Lord I wish it wasn't so Save tonight And fight the break of dawn Come tomorrow Tomorrow I'll be gone.... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted July 10, 2003 Best I'll Ever Be Sister HazelI miss you I miss being overwhelmed by you And I need rescue I think I'm fading away But I keep thinking that you'll wake me up with a whisper in my ear I keep hoping that you'll sneak in my room So I wait and I wait And I run old scenes through my tired head Of the days we laid by the school and said forever Was that the best I'll ever be I miss you I miss talking all night long with you And I need this to find a way to your home My love can you hear me Have I been hoping loud enough, wishing hard enough Can you see me when I'm asleep all alone - alone So I wait and I wait And I run myself in the same old circles I sit and I stare And I run old scenes through my tired head Of the days that we laid by the school and said forever Was that the best I'll ever be Can't keep my hands from shaking Stumbling through the wreckage again But you're gone So I wait and I wait And I run myself in the same old circles And I sit and I stare And I run old scenes through my tired head Of the days that we laid on our backs and said forever Was that the best I'll ever be Was that the best I'll ever be Was that the best I'll ever be LIFE GOT IN THE WAY Lyrics by K. Block and R. Marx Music by K. Block and R. Marx We knew it all from a little thing It was everything in our first minute And it took us to another place Yeah another place and we fell in it How dare you not remember How dare you walk away We adored every little thing Every little thing would leave us breathless Every dawn spelled another day And in another day we weren't so restless How dare you not remember How dare you walk away (Chorus) And I wanted you so much Just like I do right now I wanted us to be the one the poets write their books about I wanted it to last I wanted to grow old But life got in the way We walked around in a heavy haze We were stuck in days of so much warring We got lost in a tricky maze Yeah a tricky maze that was so scarring How come you can't remember How dare you walk away Then you start to add the little things Add the little things and trip the mighty Now we got a little bitter thing A little bitter thing that grew like ivy And how dare you not remember How dare you walk away Chorus And apathy grows quietly where rapture used to fly And promises and certainty have left love here to die Won't you stay and don't let this one fall away Chorus Chorus Yeah well life got in the way (I think it's so cool that Richard Marx helped to write the second one) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted July 10, 2003 Heheh, Eagle Eye Cherry... used to listen to him all the time. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted July 13, 2003 Sum 41 - Over my head (Better off dead) what happened to you you've played the victim for so long now in this game what i thought was true is made of fiction and im following the same but if i try to make sense of this mess im in im not sure of were i should begin im falling im falling now im in over my head with something i said completely misread im better off dead and now i see how fake you can be this hypocracys beginning to get to me its none of my concern dont look to me because i dont believe in fame i guess you never heard ive met our makers they dont even know your name but if i had to say goodbye to leave this hell id say my time has served me well im falling im falling now im in over my head with something i said completely misread im better off dead and now i see how fake you can be this hypocracys beginning to get to this came long before those who suffer more im to awake for this to be a nightmare whats my disgrace i lost the human race no one plans for it to blow up in their face who said it was easy to put back all these pieces now im in over my head with something i said completely misread im better off dead and now i can see how fake you can be this hypocracys starting to get to me over my head better off dead, over my head better off dead, alright! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted July 14, 2003 Coldplay- Daylight To my surprise And my delight I saw a sunrise I saw a sunlight. I am nothing In the dark And the clouds burst To show the daylight Oooh and the sun will shine Yeah on this heart of mine Ooooh and I realise Who cannot live without Ooooh come apart without On a hilltop On a sky-rise Like a firstborn Child And at full tilt And in full flight Defeat darkness Breaking daylight Oooh and the sun will shine Yeah on this heart of mine Ooooh and I realise Who cannot live without Ooooh and come apart without Daylight Slowly breaking through the daylight (X10) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted July 14, 2003 Double feature! Oar- Any Time Now Any time now I'm gonna wake up and see the day. Any time now I'm gonna wake up and find my way. And by that time now, you're gonna never ever never ever hear me say, "That was the longest damn day." Do you ever truly feel that it's a waste of time to live a day? I mean, deep inside have you convinced yourself there's much more to get out of the way? But, for me it's that last baby moment before I wake. It bless my soul, caress my heart, leave me wishing for a brighter day. Any time now I'm gonna wake up and see the day. Any time now I'm gonna wake up and find my way. And by that time now, you're gonna never ever never ever hear me say, "That was the longest damn day." Do you ever truly dream and stay inside them before you wake? I mean, deep inside can you relax the mind and grab the minute like the last one to save? Well, for me it's that last baby moment before I rise, It fills me with wonder, it bless my soul, catch the dream before I open my eyes. Any time now I'm gonna wake up and see the day. Any time now I'm gonna wake up and find my way. And by that time now, you're gonna never ever never ever heard me say, "That was the longest damn day." One, two, three more days will never be enough for me. One, two, three more lifetimes will bless my soul for my eyes can see That I can wake up if I want to. But I'll just stay inside my mind. One, two, three more days will never be enough for me. One, two, three more lifetimes will bless my mind for my soul is free. Any time now I'm gonna wake up and see the day. Any time now I'm gonna wake up and find my way. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted July 16, 2003 I dedicate this song to my mother and the memory of my father. "The Dance" - Garth Brooks Looking back on the memory of The dance we shared 'neath the stars alone For a moment all the world was right How could I have known that you'd ever say goodbye And now I'm glad I didn't know The way it all would end the way it all would go Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain But I'd of had to miss the dance Holding you I held everything For a moment wasn't I a king But if I'd only known how the king would fall Hey who's to say you know I might have chanced it all And now I'm glad I didn't know The way it all would end the way it all would go Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain But I'd of had to miss the dance Yes my life is better left to chance I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted July 18, 2003 Metallica - "Bleeding Me" I'm diggin' my way I'm diggin' my way to something I'm diggin' my way to somethin' better I'm pushin' my stay I'm pushin' my stay to something I'm pushin' my stay to something better I'm sowing the seeds I'm sowing the seeds I've taken I'm sowing the seeds I take for granted This thorn in my side This thorn in my side is from the tree This thorn in my side is from the tree I've planted It tears me and I bleed Caught under wheels roll I take the leech I'm bleeding me Can't stop to save my soul I take the leash that's leading me I'm bleeding me I can't take it Caught under wheel's roll The bleeding of me Caught under wheels roll I take the leech I'm bleeding me Can't stop to save my soul I take the leash that's leading me I'm bleeding me I can't take it Caught under wheel's roll The bleeding of me I am the beast that feeds the beast I am the blood, I am the release Come make me pure Bleed me a cure I'm caught under Caught under wheels roll I take the leech I'm bleeding me Can't stop to save my soul I take the leash that's leading me I'm bleeding me I can't take it Caught under wheel's roll The bleeding of me I'm diggin' my way I'm diggin' my way to something I'm diggin' my way to somethin' better I'm pushin' my stay I'm pushin' my stay to something I'm pushin' my stay to something better Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bad furday 57 Posted July 21, 2003 If I didn't know any better I'd suggest a Band-Aide..... :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Sticks 1 Posted July 24, 2003 Blindside - Time Will Change Your Heart With big guns and big ambitions Never ending arguments When is your ammunition spent With big guns you load and shoot me down With all those pretty words you thought out Ready to recent I hope time will change your heart I'll be coming against your words With something inside of me Time will change your heart I will be waiting at the doorstep of love The doors wide open for you to see We laugh about it and we dwell over it But time flies by, and I'm getting anxious Forgive me for pushing you I know you have your own legs to walk with I guess it's because to me it's so precious I hope time will change your heart... When there's not much left to say Words better left unspoken Let me hear from you When your heart is broken I'll wait for you Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted July 25, 2003 O.A.R.- City on Down Well, in the end my friend, we will all be together again Clutching onto my hand, in a valley we'll stand, I'm just living again In a while we'll smile, march on another mile On hallowed hills, attached to the land we'll be still No one's ever gonna say a thing And we'll be together, together again Take it on to the city on down Just a while ago my soul was confused, amused at what it did not know Days went by, and amusement cried, I decide to let My soul fly on by itself, pick happiness up and bring it back to my shelf We'll be okay one day, in a valley we will stay No more moving on I knew it was right here all along Won't have to hold your crown, no more looking around Just holding ya tight, in the city on down Just a while ago my soul was confused, amused at what it did not know Days went by and amusement cried I decide it's time, got to move on now I was so scared I was frightened, somewhat enlightened So I changed my shoes Now I walk through a valley of color, much better than the other Way I did not know, now we can be united, Miracle, miracle sighted, and I'm pulling it in I know by now we can walk together at a regular speed Do you dare to be excited, are you aware somewhat delighted? Are you aware somewhat delighted? At what you did not know Take it on to the city on down Share this post Link to post Share on other sites