Mickey 1 Posted August 14, 2004 that's a disgrace, although I can no longer do an exact copy of axl's voice, I can make it sound good enough. G n' R rules, there I said it. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
CorSec 5 Posted August 15, 2004 Good Times Bad Times ~Zeppelin In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age I've tried to do all those things the best I can. No matter how I try, I find my way into the same old jam. Good Times, Bad Times, You know I had my share; When my woman left home For a brown eyed man, Well, I still don't seem to care. Sixteen: I fell in love With a girl as sweet as could be, Only took a couple of days Till she was rid of me. She swore that she would be all mine And love me till the end, But when I whispered in her ear I lost another friend, oooh. Good Times, Bad Times, You know I had my share; When my woman left home For a brown eyed man, Well, I still don't seem to care. I know what it means to be alone, I sure do wish I was at home. I don't care what the neighbors say, I'm gonna love you each and every day. You can feel the beat within my heart. Realize, sweet babe, we ain't ever gonna part. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Roethlisberger 0 Posted August 15, 2004 The Eagles - Life In The Fast Lane From the album "Hotel California" He was a hard-headed man he was brutally handsome And she was terminally pretty She held him up and he held for ransom In the heart of the cold, cold city He had a nasty reputation as a cruel dude They said he was ruthless said he was crude They had one thing in common: they were good in bed She'd say, "Faster, faster. The lights are turning red." Life in the fast lane Surely make you lose your mind Life in the fast lane Eager for action and hot for the game The comming attraction, the drop of a name They knew all the right people; They took all the right pills They threw outrageous parties; They paid heavenly bills There were lines on the mirror, lines on her face She pretended not to notice she was caught up in the race Out every evenin' until it was light He was too tired to make it; she was too tired to fight about it. Life in the fast lane surely make you lose your mind Life in the fast lane Life in the fast lane everything all the time Life in the fast lane Blowin' and burnin' blinded by thirst They didn't see the stop sign; Took a turn for the worst She said, "Listen, baby. You can hear the engine ring. "We've been up and down this highway; haven't seen a god-damn thing." He said, "Call the doctor. I think I'm gonna crash." "The doctor say he's coming but you gotta pay in cash." They were rushing down that freeway; Messed around and got lost They didn't care they were just dyin' to get off. And it was life in the fast lane Surely make you lose your mind Life in the fast lane Life in the fast lane everything all the time Life in the fast lane Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Roethlisberger 0 Posted August 16, 2004 This song is friggin' hysterical, but it's too inappropriate to post here. So here's the link to the lyrics. F*** Her Gently by Tenacious D Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted August 16, 2004 (edited) All My Life, by Foo Fighters All my life I've been searching for somethin' Somethin' never comes, never leads to nuthin' Nothin' satisfies, but I'm gettin' close Closer to the prize at the end of the rope All night long I dream of the day When it comes around, and it's takin'away Leaves me with the feelin' that I feel the most Feel it come to life when I see your ghost Calm down, don't you resist You've such a delicate wrist And if i give it a twist Somethin' to hold when I lose my grip Will i find something in there, to give me just what I need another reason to bleed One by one, Hidden up my sleeve One by one, Hidden up my sleeve Hey, don't let it go to waste I love it but, i hate the taste Weight keep pinning me down Hey, don't let it go to waste I love it but, i hate the taste Weight keep pinning me down Will I find a believer Another one who believes Another one to decieve Over and over, down on my knees If I get any closer, I And if you open up wide And if you let me inside On and on, I've got nuthin' to hide On and on I've got nuthin' to hide Hey, don't let it go to waste I love it but, i hate the taste Weight keep pinning me down Hey, don't let it go to waste I love it but, i hate the taste Weight keep pinning me down All my life I've been searching for somethin' Somethin' never comes, never leads to nuthin' Nothin' satisfies, but I'm gettin' close Closer to the prize at the end of the rope All night long I dream of the day When it comes around, and it's takin'away Leaves me with the feelin' that I feel the most Feel it come to life when I see your ghost And I'm Done, done; on to the next one Done, done, and I'm on to the next one Done, done, and I'm on to the next one Done, done, and I'm on to the next one Done, done, and I'm on to the next one Done, done, and I'm on to the next one Done, done, and I'm on to the next one Done, done, and I'm on to the next one Done, i'm done, and I'm on to the next Done, done; on to the next one Done, I'm done; and i'm on to the next one Done, done; on to the next one Done, I'm done; and i'm on to the next Hey, don't let it go to waste I love it but i hate the taste Weight keep pinning me down Hey, don't let it go to waste I love it but i hate the taste Weight keeping me down Done, done; on to the next one Done, I'm done; i'm on to the next I had to get these lyrics from three diffrent places. One lyric site had the lyrics, but a couple words were wrong. The Foo Fighters Official Website had the right lyrics, but it was a shortened version. And last, but not least, the All My Life music video helped me tie up the loose ends, especially finding out how many "Done, done; on to the next ones" there are at the end. Edited August 17, 2004 by Chickenman Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Roethlisberger 0 Posted August 17, 2004 Nirvana - Lithium From the album "Nevermind" I'm so happy because today I've found my friends ... They're in my head I'm so ugly but that's okay cause so are you... We've broken our mirrors Sunday morning is everyday for all I care... And I'm not scared Light my candles in a daze... Cause I've found god hey hey hey I'm so lonely but that's okay I shaved my head... And I'm not sad And just maybe I'm to blame for all I've heard... But I'm not sure I'm so excited, I can't wait to meet you there... But I don't care I'm so horny but that's okay... My will is good - hey, hey, hey I like it - I'm not gonna crack I miss you - I'm not gonna crack I love you - I'm not gonna crack I kill you - I'm not gonna crack I'm so happy because today I've found my friends ... They're in my head I'm so ugly but that's okay cause so are you... We've broken our mirrors Sunday morning is everyday for all I care... And I'm not scared Light my candles in a daze... Cause I've found god hey hey hey I like it - I'm not gonna crack I miss you - I'm not gonna crack I love you - I'm not gonna crack I kill you - I'm not gonna crack Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted August 17, 2004 omg...I was just gonna look for the lyrics to that song! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Andy 60 Posted August 17, 2004 This has got stuck in my head recently, due to Limp Bizkit... But here is the original: Behind Blue Eyes, The Who. No one knows what it's like To be the bad man To be the sad man Behind blue eyes No one knows what it's like To be hated To be fated To telling only lies But my dreams They aren't as empty As my conscience seems to be I have hours, only lonely My love is vengeance That's never free No one knows what it's like To feel these feelings Like I do And I blame you No one bites back as hard On their anger None of my pain and woe Can show through But my dreams They aren't as empty As my conscience seems to be I have hours, only lonely My love is vengeance That's never free When my fist clenches, crack it open Before I use it and lose my cool When I smile, tell me some bad news Before I laugh and act like a fool And If I swallow anything evil Put your finger down my throat And If I shiver, please give me a blanket Keep me warm, let me wear your coat No one knows what it's like To be the bad man To be the sad man Behind blue eyes Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted August 17, 2004 Paranoid Android by Radiohead (No, this song has nothing to do with The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy) Please could you stop the noise, I'm trying to get some rest From all the unborn chicken voices in my head What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but not an android) What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but not an android) When I am king, you will be first against the wall With your opinion which is of no consequence at all What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but no android) What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but no android) Ambition makes you look pretty ugly Kicking and squealing gucci little piggy You don't remember You don't remember Why don't you remember my name? Off with his head, man Off with his head, man Why don't you remember my name? I guess he does.... Rain down, rain down Come on rain down on me From a great height From a great height... height... Rain down, rain down Come on rain down on me From a great height From a great height... height... Rain down, rain down Come on rain down on me That's it, sir You're leaving The crackle of pigskin The dust and the screaming The yuppies networking The panic, the vomit The panic, the vomit God loves his children, God loves his children, yeah! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bushy 0 Posted August 17, 2004 The Lady is a Tramp Frank Sinatra She gets hungry for dinner at eight She loves the theater, doesn't comes late She'd never bother with anyone she'd hate That's why the lady is a tramp Doesn't like dice games with barons and earls Won't go to Harlem in ermine and pearls Will not dish the dirt with the rest of those girls That's why this chick is a tramp She loves the free, cool wind in her hair Life without care She's broke, but it's "oke" Doesn't like California, it's cold and it's damp That's why the lady is a tramp She gets far too hungry to wait for dinner at eight She adores the theater, however doesn't get there late She'd never bother with someone she'd hate That is why the lady is a tramp Doesn't like dice games with barons and earls Never makes a trip up to Harlem driving shiny Lincolns and Fords She won't dish the dirt with the rest of those broads That's why this chick is a tramp She loves the free, fine, while-knocked-out-cucko, groovy wind in her hair Nights without a care She's broke, but it's "oke" She loathes California, it's cold and it's damp That's why the lady That is why the lady That's why the lady is a tramp ("oke" is a literal pronunciation of "ok") (heh) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bushy 0 Posted August 17, 2004 (edited) More Sinatra!! This is a soft-ish song, but it's stuck in my head... Send in the Clowns "This is a song about a couple of adult people who have spent, oh, quite a long time together, till one day one of 'em gets restless and decides to leave. Whether it's the man or woman who left is unimportant. It's a breakup. It's a lovely marriage of words and music, written by Stephen Sondheim." Isn't it rich? Are we a pair? Me here at last on the ground and you in mid-air Send in the clowns Isn't it bliss? Don't you approve? One who keeps tearing around and one who can't move But where are the clowns? Send in the clowns Just when I stopped opening doors Finally finding the one that I wanted was yours Making my entrance again with my usual flair Sure of my lines...Nobody's there Don't you love a farce? My fault, I fear I thought that you'd want what I want, sorry my dear But where are the clowns? Send in the clowns Don't bother...they're here Isn't it rich? Isn't it queer? Losing my timing this late in my career But where are the clowns? Send in the clowns Well, maybe...next year Edited August 17, 2004 by Bushy Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Tsl 7 Posted August 25, 2004 Best....Song....Evaar! *happy lil' tune* CHORUS: One-eight-hundred, two-two-two, one two-two-two. One-eight-hundred, two-two-two, one two-two-two. If you think it might be poison Then the first thing you should do Call: One-eight-hundred, two-two-two, one-two-two-two. VERSE: Poison can be anything you're not supposed to take Antifreeze, pesticide, the wrong drug by mistake If you breathed a nasty chemical Been bitten by a snake Call the Poison Control Center Hotline We're here for ya night or day ANNOUNCER: For a poison or drug emergency, at home or at work, just call the Poison Control Center Hotline. We're here 24/7 with the expert help you need. Free and confidential. Even if you think it?s a false alarm, call. CHORUS: One-eight-hundred, two-two-two, one-two-two-two. One-eight-hundred, two-two-two, one-two-two-two. If you think it might be poison And you don?t know what to do Call: One-eight-hundred, two-two-two, one-two-two-two. ANNOUNCER: A message from your Poison Control Center. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Andy 60 Posted August 25, 2004 Uhh... *backs away from Tsl* Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted August 25, 2004 This is the most random song ever created. "Albuquerque" Way back when I was just a little bitty boy living in a box under the stairs in the corner of the basement half a block down the street from Jerry's Bait shop You know the place well anyway, back then life was going swell and everything was just PEACHY!! Except, of course, for the undeniable fact that every single morning My mother would make me a big bowl of sauerkraut for breakfast Awww - BIG BOWL OF SAUERKRAUT!!!!! Every single mornin!!!! It was driving me crazy I said to my mom I said "Hey, mom, what's with all the sauerkraut?" And my dear, sweet mother She just looked at my like a cow looks at an oncoming train And she leaned right down next to me And she said "IT'S GOOD FOR YOU" And then she tied me to the wall and stuck a funnel in my mouth And force fed me nothing but sauerkraut until I was twenty six and a half years old That's when I swore that someday Someday I would get outta that basement and travel to a magical, far away place Where the sun is always shining and the air smells like warm root beer And the towels are oh so fluffy Where the shriners and the lepers play their ukuleles all day long And anyone on the street will glady shave your back for a nickel Wacka wacka doodoo yeah Well, let me tell you, people, it wasn't long at all before my dream came true Because the very next day, a local radio station had this contest To see who could correctly guess the number of molecules in Leonard Nimoy's butt I was off by three, but I still won the grand prize That's right, a first class one-way ticket to Albuquerque Albuquerque Oh yeah You know, I'd never been on a real airplane before And I gotta tell ya, it was really great Except that I had to sit between two large Albanian women with excruciatingly severe body odor And the little kid in back of me kept throwin' up the whole time The flight attendants ran out of Dr. Pepper and salted peanuts And the in-flight movie was Bio-Dome with Pauly Shore And, oh yeah, three of the airplane engines burned out And we went into a tailspin and crashed into a hillside And the plane exploded in a giant fireball and everybody died Except for me You know why? 'Cause I had my tray table up And my seat back in the full upright position Had my tray table up And my seat back in the full upright position Had my tray table up And my seat back in the full upright position Ah ha ha ha Ah ha ha Ahhhh So I crawled from the twisted, burnin' wreckage I crawled on my hands and kneew for three full days Draggin' along my big leather suitcase and my garment bag And my tenor saxophone and my twelve-pound bowling ball And my lucky, lucky autographed glow-in-the-dark snorkel But finally I arived at the world famous Albuquerque Holiday Inn Where the towels are oh so fluffy And you can eat your soup right out of the ashtrays if you wanna It's OK, they're clean Well, I checked into my room and I turned down the A/C And I turned on the SpectraVision And I'm just about to eat that little chocolate mint on my pillow That I love so very, very much when suddenly, there's a knock on the door Well now, who could that be? I say "Who is it?" No answer "Who is it?" There's no answer "WHO IS IT?" They're not sayin' anything So, finally I go over and I open the door and just as I suspected It's some big fat hermaphrodite with a Flock-Of-Seagulls haircut and only one nostril Oh man, I hate it when I'm right So anyway, he bursts into my room and he grabs my lucky snorkel And I'm like "Hey, you can't have that" "That snorkel's been just like a snorkel to me" And he's like "Tough" And I'm like "Give it" And he's like "Make me" And I'm like "'Kay" So I grabbed his leg and he grabbed my esophagus And I bit off his ear and he chewed off my eyebrows And I took out his appendix and he gave me a colonic irrigation Yes indeed, you better believe it And somehow in the middle of it all, the phone got knocked off the hook And twenty seconds later, I heard a farmiliar voice And you know what it said? I'll tell you what it said It said "If you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try again" "If you need help, hang up and then dial your operator" "If you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try again" "If you need help, hang up and then dial your operator" In Albuquerque Albuquerque Well, to cut a long story short, he got away with my snorkel But I made a a solemn vow right then and there that I would not rest I would not sleep for an instant until the one-nostrilled man was brought to justice But first, I decided to buy some donuts So I got in my car and I drove over to the donut shop And I walked on up to the guy behind the counter And he says "Yeah, what do ya want?" I said "You got any glazed donuts?" He said "No, we're outta glazed donuts" I said "You got any jelly donuts?" He said "No, we're outta jelly donuts" I said "You got any Bavarian cream-filled donuts?" He said "No, we're outta Bavarian cream-filled donuts" I said "You got any cinnamon rolls?" He said "No, we're outta cinnamon rolls" I said "You got any apple fritters?" He said "No, we're outta apple fritters" I said "You got any bear claws?" He said... "Wait a minute, I'll go check" "No, we're outta bear claws!" I said "Well, in that case - in that case, what do you have?" He says "All I got right now is this box of one dozen starving, crazed weasels" I said "OK, I'll take that" So he hands me the box and I open up the lid and the weasels jump out And they immediately latch onto my face and start bitin' me all over (rabid gnawing sounds) Oh man, they were just going nuts They were tearin' me apart You know, I think it was just about that time that a little ditty started goin' through my head" I believe it went a little something like this . . . Doh Get 'em off me Get 'em off me Oh No, get 'em off, get 'em off Oh, oh God, oh God Oh, get 'em off me Oh, oh God Ah, (more screaming) I ran out into the street with these flesh-eating weasels all over my face Wavin' my arms all around and just runnin', runnin', runnin' Like a constipated wiener dog And as luck would have it, that's exactly when I ran into the girl of my dreams Her name was Zelda She was a calligraphy enthusiast with a slight overbite and hair the color of strained peaches I'll never forget the first thing she said to me. She said "Hey, you've got weasels on your face" That's when I knew it was true love We were inseperable after that Aw, we ate together, we bathed together We even shared the same piece of mint-flavored dental floss The world was our burrito So we got married and we bought us a house And had two beautiful children - Nathaniel and Superfly Oh, we were so very very very happy, aw yeah But then one fateful night, Zelda said to me She said "Sweetie pumpkin? Do you wanna join the Columbia Record Club?" I said "Woah, hold on now, baby" "I'm just not ready for that kinda commitment" So we broke up and I never saw her again But that's just the way things go In Albuquerque Albuquerque Anyway, things really started lookin' upi for me Because about a week later, I finally achieved my lifelong dream That's right, I got me a part-time job at The Sizzler I even made employee of the month after I put that grease fire out with my face Aw yeah, everybody was pretty jealous of me after that I was gettin' a lot of attitude OK, like one time, I was out in the parking lot Tryin' to remove my excess earwax with a golf pencil When I see this guy Marty tryin' to carry a big ol' sofa up the stairs all by himself So I, I say to him, I say "Hey, you want me to help you with that?" And Marty, he just rolls his eyes and goes "No, I want you to cut off my arms and legs with a chainsaw" So I did And then he gets all indignant on me He's like "Hey man, I was just being sarcastic" Well, that's just great How was I supposed to know that? I'm not a mind reader for cryin' out loud Besides, now he's got a really cute nickname - Torso-Boy So what's he complaining about? Say, that reminds me of another amusing anecdote This guy comes up to me on the street and says he hasn't had a bit in three days Well, I knew what he meant But just to be funny, I took a big bite out of his jugular vein And he's yellin' and screamin' and bleeding all over And I'm like "Hey, come on, don'tcha get it?" But he just keeps rolling around on the sidewalk, bleeding, and screaming (screaming sounds) You know, just completely missing the irony of the whole situation Man, some people just can't take a joke, you know? Anyway, um, um, where was I? Kinda lost my train of thought Uh, well, uh, OK Anyway I, I know it's kinda been a roundabout way of saying it But I guess the whole point I'm tryin' to make here is I...HATE....SAUERKRAUT!!!! That's all I'm really tryin' to say And, by the way, if one day you happen to wake up And find yourself in an existential quandry Full of loathing and self-doubt And wracked with the pain and isolation of your pitiful meaningless existence At least you can take a small bit of comfort in knowing that Somewhere out there in this crazy mixed-up universe of ours There's still a little place called Albuquerque Albuquerque Albuquerque, Albuquerque Albuquerque, Albuquerque Albuquerque, Albuquerque Albuquerque, Albuquerque I said "A" (A) "L" (L) "B" (B) "U" (U) "querque" (querque) Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Albuquerque Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Albuquerque Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Albuquerque Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Albuquerque Albuquerque Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
CorSec 5 Posted August 25, 2004 I used to be able to sing it all without teh music. l337. Torso boy. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Tsl 7 Posted August 25, 2004 (edited) Uhh... *backs away from Tsl* *cackles* ------------------------ Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand So if you're lonely You know I'm here waiting for you I'm just a crosshair I'm just a shot away from you And if you leave here You leave me broken, shattered I lie I'm just a crosshair I'm just a shot then we can die I know I won't be leaving here with you I say don't you know? You say you don't know I say take me out I say you don't show Don't move, time is slow I say take me out I say you don't know You say you don't go I say take me out If I move, this could die Eyes move, this could die I want you to take me out I know I won't be leaving here I know I won't be leaving here I know I won't be leaving here I know I won't be leaving here with you I say don't you know? You say you don't know I say take me out If I wink, this can die If I wane, this can die I want you to take me out If I move, this could die If eyes move, this could die Come on, take me out I know I won't be leaving here I know I won't be leaving here I know I won't be leaving here I know I won't be leaving here with you Edited March 26, 2007 by Sassy Fairy Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
chozen 1 Posted August 25, 2004 already been posted here before. Great song tho. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted August 26, 2004 Sister Hazel ~ Just What I Needed I don't mind you comin' here And wastin' all my time Cause when you're standin' oh so near I kinda lose my mind It's not the perfume that you wear It's not the ribbons in your hair I don't mind you comin' here And wastin' all my time I don't mind you hangin' out And talkin' in your sleep It doesn't matter where you've been As long as it was deep, yeah You always knew to wear it well And you look so fancy I can tell I don't mind you hangin' out And talkin' in your sleep I guess you're just what I needed (Just what I needed) I needed someone to feed I guess you're just what I needed (Just what I needed) I needed someone to bleed I don't mind you comin' here And wastin' all my time time Cause when you're standin' oh so near I kinda lose my mind, yeah It's not the perfume that you wear It's not the ribbons in your hair I don't mind you comin' here And wastin' all my time I guess you're just what I needed (Just what I needed) I needed someone to feed I guess you're just what I needed (Just what I needed) I needed someone to bleed I guess you're just what I needed (Just what I needed) I needed someone to feed I guess you're just what I needed (Just what I needed) I needed someone to bleed Yeah, yeah, so bleed me You're just what I needed You're just what I needed Yeah, you're just what I needed Yeah, yeah yeah Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted August 27, 2004 New on my parodies: (Not that anyone cares) Hypochondriac (sp?)-Nearly completed. I might need to change a couple lyrics. Food Song-1st verse done Yo Mama-Not begun at all Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Tsl 7 Posted August 28, 2004 Monday Monday by the Momas and the Papas Monday, Monday, so good to me; Monday morning, it was all I hoped it would be. Oh, Monday morning, Monday morning couldn抰 guarantee That Monday evening you would still be here with me. Monday, Monday, can抰 trust that day; Monday, Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way. Oh, Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be. Oh, Monday, Monday, how could you leave and not take me? Every other day, every other day Every other day of the week is fine, yeah. But whenever Monday comes---but whenever Monday comes You can find me crying all of the time. Monday, Monday, so good to me; Monday morning, it was all I hoped it would be. But Monday morning, Monday morning couldn抰 guarantee That Monday evening you would still be here with me. Every other day, every other day Every other day of the week is fine, yeah. But whenever Monday comes---but whenever Monday comes You can find me crying all of the time. Monday, Monday, can抰 trust that day; Monday, Monday, it just turns out that way. Oh, Monday, Monday, won抰 go away; Monday, Monday, it抯 here to stay. Oh Monday, Monday Oh Monday, Monday Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Roethlisberger 0 Posted August 30, 2004 Van Morrison - Moondance Well, it's a marvelous night for a Moondance With the stars up above in your eyes A fantabulous night to make romance 'Neath the cover of October skies And all the leaves on the trees are falling To the sound of the breezes that blow And I'm trying to please to the calling Of your heart-strings that play soft and low And all the night's magic seems to whisper and hush And all the soft moonlight seems to shine in your blush Can I just have one more Moondance with you, my love Can I just make some more romance with you, my love Well, I wanna make love to you tonight I can't wait 'til the morning has come And I know that the time is just right And straight into my arms you will run And when you come my heart will be waiting To make sure that you're never alone There and then all my dreams will come true, dear There and then I will make you my own And every time I touch you, you just tremble inside And I know how much you want me that you can't hide Can I just have one more Moondance with you, my love Can I just make some more romance with you, my love Well, it's a marvelous night for a Moondance With the stars up above in your eyes A fantabulous night to make romance 'Neath the cover of October skies And all the leaves on the trees are falling To the sound of the breezes that blow And I'm trying to please to the calling Of your heart-strings that play soft and low And all the night's magic seems to whisper and hush And all the soft moonlight seems to shine in your blush One more Moondance with you in the moonlight On a magic night La, la, la, la in the moonlight On a magic night Can't I just have one more dance with you my love Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Roethlisberger 0 Posted September 4, 2004 This is as good as satire gets: Randy Newman - Political Science From the album "Sail Away" No one likes us I don't know why. We may not be perfect But heaven knows we try. But all around even our old friends put us down. Let's drop the big one and see what happens. We give them money But are they grateful? No they're spiteful And they're hateful. They don't respect us so let's surprise them; We'll drop the big one and pulverize them. Now Asia's crowded And Europe's too old. Africa's far too hot, And Canada's too cold. And South America stole our name. Let's drop the big one; there'll be no one left to blame us. We'll save Australia; Don't wanna hurt no kangaroo. We'll build an all-American amusement park there; They've got surfing, too. Well, boom goes London, And boom Paris. More room for you And more room for me. And every city the whole world round Will just be another American town. Oh, how peaceful it'll be; We'll set everybody free; You'll have Japanese kimonos, baby, There'll be Italian shoes for me. They all hate us anyhow, So let's drop the big one now. Let's drop the big one now. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted September 4, 2004 Supersonic by Oasis I need to be myself I can't be no one else I'm feeling supersonic Give me gin and tonic You can have it all but how much do you want it? You make me laugh Give me your autograph Can I ride with you in your BMW ? You can sail with me in my yellow submarine You need to find out 'Cos no one's gonna tell you what I'm on about You need to find a way for what you want to say But before tomorrow 'Cos my friend said he'd take you home He sits in a corner all alone He lives under a waterfall No body can see him No body can ever hear him call You need to be yourself You can't be no one else I know a girl called Elsa She's into Alka Seltzer She sniffs it through a cane on a supersonic train She made me laugh I got her autograph She done it with a doctor on a helicopter She's sniffin in her tissue Sellin' the Big Issue She needs to find out 'Cos no one's gonna tell you what I'm on about She needs to find a way for what she wants to say But before tomorrow 'Cos my friend said he'd take you home He sits in a corner all alone He lives under a waterfall No body can see him No body can ever hear him call Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Roethlisberger 0 Posted September 7, 2004 The Eagles - Desperado From the album "Greatest Hits Vol. 1" Desperado why don't you come to your senses? You been out ridin' fences for so long now Oh you're a hard one I know that you got your reasons These things that are pleasin' you Can hurt you somehow Don' you draw the queen of diamonds boy She'll beat you if she's able You know the queen of hearts is always your best bet Now it seems to me some fine things Have been laid upon your table But you only want the ones that you can't get Desperado, oh, you ain't gettin' no youger Your pain and your hunger, they're drivin' you home And freedom, oh freedom well, that's just some people talkin' Your prison is walking through this world all alone Don't your feet get cold in the winter time? The sky won't snow and the sun won't shine It's hard to tell the night time from the day You're loosin' all your highs and lows Ain't it funny how the feeling goes away? Desperado, why don't you come to your senses? Come down from your fences, open the gate It may be rainin', but there's a rainbow above you You better let somebody love you (Let somebody love you!) You better let somebody love you before it's too late Share this post Link to post Share on other sites