TheUnknown 39 Posted July 25, 2003 Pearl Jam - Love Boat Captain Is this just another day, ... this god forgotten place? First comes love, then comes pain. Let the games begin, ... Questions rise and answers fall, ... insurmountable. Love boat captain Take the reigns and steer us towards the clear, ... here. It's already been sung, but it can't be said enough. All you need is love Is this just another phase? Earthquakes making waves, ... Trying to shake the cancer off? Stupid human beings, ... Once you hold the hand of love, ... it's all surmountable. Hold me, and make it the truth, ... That when all is lost there will be you, ... Cause to the universe I don't mean a thing And there's just one word I still believe And it's It's an art to live with pain, ... mix the light into grey, ... Lost 9 friends we'll never know, ... 2 years ago today And if our lives became too long, would it add to our regret? And the young, they can lose hope cause they can't see beyond today, ... The wisdom that the old can't give away Hey, ... Constant recoil... Sometimes life Don't leave you alone. Hold me, and make it the truth, ... That when all is lost there will be you. Cause to the universe I don't mean a thing And there's just one word that I still believe and it's Love, ... love. love. love. love. Love boat captain Take the reigns, ... steer us towards the clear. I know it's already been sung, ... can't be said enough. Love is all you need, ... all you need is love, ... Love, ... love, ... Love. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted July 27, 2003 O.A.R.- Right on Time I know it's been a long, long year. God forbid you listen to me now. I may have laid the pressure on good, but since that day I'll never ask again. It's funny, it's come right down to this. I have to steal my time cause you won't give it up for free. I've been talking to the moon all night, but the stars won't say nothing to me. And though i feel it's easy for a man to grow up Much harder for a man to grow out. You may not appear, but im standing here my God. I'll never ask you. Where have you been? You could have told me just, Where have you been? If you know me you know. I won't ask why. They always told me you'd be right on my time. We're coming around. I know you're kind of busy right now. Been a day, but i haven't heard your call. I climbed a mountain just to get a better view of you. But I'll never ask again. It's crazy that we just can't feel the time And lay down for awhile. And let life catch your eye. I've been relaxing with the Wind all day. But the Sky won't open up for me. And though i feel it's easy for a man to stand tall. Much harder for a man to simmer down. You may not appear, but im standing here my god. I'll never ask you. Where have you been? You could have told me just, Where have you been? If you know me you know. I won't ask why. They always told me you'd be right on my time. If you give me just a minute of your day, I see now why you choose to stay away. Up here life seems more like living, And living mirrors love. And love just leaves me breathless. On we go. Where have you been? You could have told me just, Where have you been? If you know me you know. I won't ask why. They always told me you'd be right on my time. We're coming around. You act like you can't see me. You act like you don't know me. I just wish you would show me That you'll be right on my time Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted July 27, 2003 Who is O.A.R.? Is that they're name (ie. P.O.D. or O.M.C.) or is it an abbreviation (ie. AiC for Alice in Chains)? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted July 27, 2003 That's their name. Website is here: http://www.ofarevolution.com/site2003/index.html Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Doc Ani Jade 1 Posted July 29, 2003 Alkaline Trio, Every Thug needs a Lady I know it's dark here, you know that I'm scared too For some reason right now, of everything but you Right now you're all that I recognize You know I came here when I needed your soft voice I needed to hear something that sounded like an answer Now I wait here, and sometimes I get one It's nothing I'll forget when the moon gets tired You are stuck to me everyday Believe in what I am because it's all I have today And tomorrow who knows where we'll be From here I can hardly see a thing But I will follow anyone who brings me to you For now, forever, for on and on and on You know it starts here, outside waiting in the cold Kiss me once in the snow, I swear it never gets old And I will promise you I can make it warmer next year You know I came here when I needed your soft voice I needed to hear something that sounded like an answer Now I stay here, and everyday I get one It's nothing I'll forget when the moon gets tired You are stuck to me everyday Believe in what I am because it's all I have today And tomorrow who knows where we'll be From here I can hardly see a thing But I will follow anyone who brings me to you For now, forever, for on and on and on So go plug in your electric blanket We can stay in 'till our southern summer wedding day Go plug in your electric blanket We can stay here Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Doc Ani Jade 1 Posted July 30, 2003 The Ataris, Radio Song #3 Meet me at midnight At the broadcast tower High above the Hollywood sign You bring your guitar and I'll bring my radio...radio Everyone will come From miles around to witness this beautiful sight We'll set bonfires, pretend it's the Fourth of July This is the starting of a brand new revolution Bite the hand that feeds Stand up and fight against the messages that they're sending (Stop their frequency) You're always talking (It's never ending) It's about time that we turned off the radio Call the request lines and tell them that it's over You're always playing (All of the same songs) Over and over again It's about time that we all turned off the radio We'll listen to B-Sides And sing along to anthems of the years gone by Integrity and honesty will prevail tonight When it's all over (When it's all over) One question still remains Why do so many bands never make it to the radio? This is the starting of a brand new revolution Bite the hand that feeds Stand up and fight against the messages that they're sending (Stop their frequency) You're always talking (It's never ending) It's about time that we turned off the radio Call the request lines and tell them that it's over You're always playing (All of the same songs) Over and over again It's about time that we all turned off the radio Look outside your FM dial They're preaching lies in 4/4 time A generation without a voice And stripped of pride You're always talking (It's never ending) It's about time that we turned off the radio Call the request lines and tell them that it's over You're always playing (All of the same songs) Over and over again It's about time that we all turned off the radio You're always talking... (You're always talking...) It's about time that we all turned off the radio You're always playing... (All of the same songs...) It's about time that we all turned off the radio Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted July 30, 2003 Who is O.A.R.? Is that they're name (ie. P.O.D. or O.M.C.) or is it an abbreviation (ie. AiC for Alice in Chains)? P.O.D. is an abbreviation for Payable On Death. :roll: Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted July 30, 2003 But they use the abbreviation as their name. So back at you! :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted July 30, 2003 Audioslave - "I Am The Highway" (Excellent song from a slightly disappointing album) Pearls and swine bereft of me long and weary my road has been i was lost in the cities alone in the hills no sorrow for leaving i feel i am not your rolling wheels i am a highway i am not your carpet ride i am the sky friends and liars don't wait for me cause i'll get on all by myself put millions of miles under my heels and still too close to you i feel i am not your rolling wheels i am the highway i am not your carpet ride i am the sky i am not your blowing wind i am the sky here i am not your autumn moon i am the night the night i am not your rolling wheels i am the highway i am not your carpet rag i am the sky i am not your blowing wind i am the lightining i am not your autumn moon i am the night Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted July 30, 2003 Audioslave... good band. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Doc Ani Jade 1 Posted July 31, 2003 Alkaline Trio, This Could be Love I've got a book of matches I've got a can of kerosene I've got some mad ideas Involving you and me I don't blame you for walking away I touch myself at thoughts of flames I shat bed i laid there in it Thinking of you wide awake for days Wide awake for days And I found you tongue tied At my twisted little brain You couldn't crack a smile I didn't catch your name I don't blame you for walking away I'd do the same thing if I saw me I swear it's not contagious Four short steps we can erase this Step one slit my throat Step two play in my blood Step three cover me in bloody sheets And run laughing out of the house Step four stop off at Edgebrook Ceek And rinse your crimson hands You took me hostage and made your demands I couldn't met em so you cut off my fingers one by one One by one Like a broken record I've got a needle scratching me It injects the poisons Of alcohol IV I don't blame you for walking away I'd do the same if I saw me I swear it's not contagious I swear to god it's not contagious Step one slit my throat Step two play in my blood Step three cover me in bloody sheets And run laughing out of the house Step four stop at Lake Michigan And rinse your crimson hands You took me hostage and made your demands I couldn't met em so you cut off my fingers one by one This could be love (love for fire) This could be love (love for fire) This could be love for fire forever more Step one slit my throat Step two play in my blood Step three cover me in bloody sheets And run laughing out of the house Step four stop at the Berkely Marina And rinse your crimson hands You took me hostage and made your demands I couldn't met em so you cut off my fingers one by one One by one Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope 29 Posted August 2, 2003 this is my song... You Shouldn't Kiss Me Like This Toby Keith I've got a funny feeling The moment that your lips touched mine Something shot right through me My heart skipped a beat in time There's a different feel about you tonight It's got me thinking lots of crazy things I think I even saw a flash of light It felt like electricity Chorus: You shouldn't kiss me like this unless you mean it like that Cause I'll just close my eyes and I won't know where I'm at We'll get lost on this dance floor spinning around And around and around and around They're all watching us now they think we're falling in love They'd never believe we're just friends When you kiss me like this I think you mean it like that If you do baby kiss me again Everybody swears we'd make a perfect pair But dancing is as far as it goes Girl you've never moved me quite the way you moved me tonight I just wanted you to know I just wanted you to know Repeat Chorus and this one just cuz i can. Courtesy Of The Red White And Blue Toby Keith American girls and American guys Will always stand up and salute We?ll always recognize When we see old glory flying There?s a lot of men dead So we can sleep in peace at night when we lay down our head My daddy served in the army Where he lost his right eye But he few a flag out in our yard till the day that he did He wanted my mother, my brother, my sister and me To grow up and live happy in the land of the free Now this nation that I love has fallen under attack A mighty sucker punch came flying in from somewhere in the back Soon as we can see clearly through our big black eye, Man we lit up your world like the forth of July Hey Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list And the statue of liberty started shaking her fists And the eagle will fly And its gonna be hell When you hear mother freedom start ringing her bell And it will feel like the whole wide word is raining down on you Brought to you courtesy of the red, white and blue Justice will be served And the battle will rate This big dog will fight when you rattle his cage You?ll be sorry you that you messed with the US of A Cuz will put a boot in your ass It?s the American way Hey Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list And the statue of liberty started shaking her fists And the eagle will fly And its gonna be hell When you hear mother freedom start ringing her bell And it will feel like the whole wide word is raining down on you Brought to you courtesy of the red, white and blue Of the red white and blue Of my red white and blue Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted August 3, 2003 Ok I know none of you have a clue who she is but I'm sending this one out to my girl, Mandi Moo. This is kind of our song. Don't take it literally. I Hate (Everything About You) Three Days Grace Every time we lie awake After every hit we take Every feeling that I get But I haven't missed you yet Every room I get awake Every sigh and scream we make All the feelings that I get But I still don't miss you yet Only when I start to think about it... I hate everything about you Why do I love you I hate everything about you Why do I love you Every time I lie awake After every hit we take Every feeling that I get But I haven't missed you yet Only when I start to think about it... I hate everything about you Why do I love you I hate everything about you Why do I love you Only when I start to think about you I know Only when you start to think about me do you know I hate everything about you Why do I love you You hate everything about me Why do you love me I hate You hate I hate You love me I hate everything about you Why do I love you Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Andy 60 Posted August 3, 2003 *applaudes, even though he hasn't heard that song before, and doesn't know who it goes* Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted August 3, 2003 Oooooh...those guys are good. They come from a city about half an hour away from me. Heh...that song was played to death on MuchMusic...still good though. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted August 4, 2003 REM - "Losing My Religion" Oh life is bigger It`s bigger than you And you are not me The lengths that I will go to The distance in your eyes Oh no I`ve said too much I set it up That`s me in the corner That`s me in the spot-light Losing my religion Trying to keep up with you And I don`t know if I can do it Oh no I`ve said too much I haven`t said enough I thought that I heard you laughing I thought that I heard you sing I think I thought I saw you try Every whisper of Every waking moment I`m Choosing my confessions Trying to keep An eye on you Like a hurt lost and blinded fool Oh no I`ve said too much I set it up Consider this Consider this The hint of the century Consider this The slip That brought me to my knees failed What if all these fantasies Come flailing around Now I`ve said too much I thought that I heard you laughing I thought that I heard you sing I think I thought I saw you try But that was just a dream That was just a dream That`s me in the corner That`s me in the spot-light Losing my religion Trying to keep up with you But I don`t know if I can do it Oh no I`ve said too much I haven`t said enough I thought that I heard you laughing I thought that I heard you sing I think I thought I saw you try But that was just a dream Try try try try That was just a dream Just a dream Just a dream Dream Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted August 6, 2003 Evanescence - "Tourniquet" I tried to kill the pain, But only brought more. (So much more) I lay dying, And I'm pouring, crimson regret, and betrayal. I'm dying, Praying, Bleeding, Screaming. Am I too lost to be saved ? Am I too lost ? My God! My Tourniquet, Return to me salvation. My God! My Tourniquet, Return to me salvation. Do you remember me ? Lost for so long. Will you be on the other side ? Will you forgive me ? I'm dying, Praying, Bleeding, Screaming. Am I too lost to be saved ? Am I too lost ? My God! My Tourniquet, Return to me salvation. My God! My Tourniquet, Return to me salvation. (Return to me salvation) (I want to DIE!) My God! My Tourniquet, Return to me salvation. My God! My Tourniquet, Return to me salvation. My wounds cry for the grave. My soul cries, for deliverance. Will I be denied ? Christ! Tourniquet! My suicide. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted August 6, 2003 Sail Away Sister Hazel Azure water, south of the border Takes me to higher ground Lost in the weekend Ain't it funny how the sea can Make you feel found? We just sail away into the southern night Everything gonna be all right if you're lost at sea Baby, we'll sail away into the southern sky Everything gonna be just fine Sail away with me Hoist up the mainsail, add a little *bam* to the ginger ale Head on straight down to Mexico Rocking the boat with the band For a little late-night jam Let it steal your soul We just sail away into the southern night Everything gonna be all right if you're lost at sea Baby, just sail away into the southern sky Everything gonna be just fine Sail away with me El gato esta perdido en el mar And we measure the time By the good ones that we have Watch our hours turn to sand While striking up the band We just sail away into the southern night Everything gonna be all right if you're lost at sea Baby, we'll sail away into the southern sky Everything gonna be just fine Sail away with me Baby, just sail away into the southern night Everything gonna be all right if you're lost at sea We'll sail away into the southern sky Everything gonna be just fine Sail away with me Music coming from down the hall Just makes you want to sing along Sail away Show me the way up to your room We'll put a sign up that says "Come back soon" Sail away So here's to you and here's to me Here's to getting lost at sea We'll sail away Here's to you and here's to me Here's to getting lost at sea Sail away Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted August 8, 2003 Garth Brooks - "We Shall Be Free" This ain't comin' from no prophet Just an ordinary man When I close my eyes I see The way this world shall be When we all walk hand in hand When the last child cries for a crust of bread When the last man dies for just words that he said When there's shelter over the poorest head We shall be free When the last thing we notice is the color of skin And the first thing we look for is the beauty within When the skies and the oceans are clean again Then we shall be free We shall be free We shall be free Stand straight, walk proud 'Cause we shall be free When we're free to love anyone we choose When this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew Then we shall be free We shall be free We shall be free Have a little faith Hold out 'Cause we shall be free And when money talks for the very last time And nobody walks a step behind When there's only one race and that's mankind Then we shall be free We shall be free We shall be free Stand straight, walk proud, have a little faith, hold out We shall be free We shall be free We shall be free Stand straight, have a little faith We shall be free Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope 29 Posted August 8, 2003 Jonatha Brooke I'll Try From Return to Never Land I am not a child now. I can take care of myself. I mustn't let them down now- Mustn't let them see me cry. I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm too tired to listen. I'm too old to believe: All these childish stories. There is no such thing as faith, And trust, And pixie dust. I try, But its to hard to believe. I try, But I can't see what you see. I try. I try. I try. My whole world is changing, I don't know where to turn. I can't leave you waiting, But I cant stay and watch the city burn; Watch it burn. 'Cause I try, But its so hard to believe! I try, But I can't see what you see. I try. I try. I try and try, To understand, The distance in between: The love I feel, The things i fear, And every single dream. I can finally see it. Now I have to believe: All those precious stories. All the world is made of faith, And trust, And pixie dust. So I'll try, 'Cause I finally believe! I'll try, 'Cause I can see what you see! I'll try. I'll try! I'll try! I'll try- To fly. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted August 8, 2003 O.A.R.-Risen I'm not quite sure how I got here. A minute passed and I'm on my feet. I nver knew life could taste so good. I need a little minute, just a moment to breathe. No matter where I go, no matter who I see Well I'm reminded of my earlier days. No matter where I roll, no matter what I know Well I'm reminded of my earlier ways. But now I keep asking myself. Wouldn't it be the best damn day if we all took time to breathe? Just one stolen paragraph in the book's written history. Don't you sometimes wonder why people are afraid to smile? Don't look down we're gonna come around and it always come to back, crack of time eventually. Just ascend with me. I'm not quite sure when I woke up. The night flew by as I lay asleep. Who ever knew that life could feel so good? I need another minute. Just a moment to breathe. No matter where I go, no matter who I see Well I'm reminded of my earlier days. No matter what I know, no matter where I roll Well I'm reminded of my earlier ways. But now I keep asking myself. Wouldn't it be the best damn day if we all took time to breathe? Just one stolen paragraph in the book's written history. Don't you sometimes wonder why people are afraid to smile? Don't look down we're gonna come around and it always come to back, crack of time eventually. Wouldn't it be the best damn day? Wouldn't it be a wonderful day? Wouldn't it be a glorious day? If we all took time to smile, made just a minute for you and me. Wouldn't it be the best damn day? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted August 10, 2003 30 Seconds to Mars-Capricorn (A Brand New Name) So I run and hide and tear myself up Start again with a brand new name And eyes that see into infinity I will disappear I told you once and I'll say it again I want my message read clear I'll show you the way, the way I'm going So I run and hide and tear myself up Start again with a brand new name And eyes that see into infinity I was almost there Just a moment away from becoming unclear Ever get the feeling you're gone? I'll show you the way, the way I'm going So I run and hide and tear myself up Start again with a brand new name And eyes that see into infinity (into infinity) So I run, start again With a brand new name With a brand new name So I run and hide and tear myself (so I run) Start again with a brand new name (start again) And eyes that see into infinity (with a brand new name) I will disappear Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted August 11, 2003 Metallica - "For Whom The Bell Tolls" (good anti-war song) Make his fight on the hill in the early day. Constant chill deep inside. Shouting gun, on they run through the endless grey. On they fight, for they are right, yes, but who's to say? For a hill, men would kill, why? They do not know. Suffered wounds test their pride. Men of five, still alive through the raging glow. Gone insane from the pain that they surely know. For whom the bell tolls. Time marches on. For whom the bell tolls. Take a look to the sky just before you die. It's the last time you will. Blackened roar, massive roar fills the crumbling sky. Shattered goal fill his soul with a ruthless cry. Stranger now, are his eyes, to this mystery. He hears the silence so loud. Crack of dawn, all is gone except the will to be. Now they see what will be, blinded eyes to see. For whom the bell tolls. Time marches on. For whom the bell tolls. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Ender 8 Posted August 11, 2003 How can an anti-war song be good? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted August 11, 2003 Because they speak the truth. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites