Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Uncle Du

The Blue Harvest Cantina

Recommended Posts

Bad furday

Thanks all! :D

I few years ago I found a photo of Jackie Stewart that had him in that pose standing next to Graham Hill, and liked the pose enough to find a good use for it in the future ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

So, I found a bag of nothing but red starbursts the other day. It was awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I don't like those candies, they irritate the roof of my mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ana

You mean the bag was labelled all reds, or it just happened to be all reds? Because the original reds are the best, but the other reds they've introduced in the all-red pack aren't my faves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope

the tropical Starbursts are my favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

So, my wife said pretty much the most blasphemous thing the other day. They were playing Ep. IV on Spike the other day, so I of course, left it on that channel. She didn't notice right away, so before I got up to go to the kitchen to make dinner, I took the batteries outta the remote, hehe. Well, she was on her laptop and wasn't really paying attention. So after about 10 minutes I went and put the batteries back in. Of course, as soon as I did, she changed the channel. :p

So then she says this: "I would rather you play Halo than to watch friggin' Star Wars!" Part of me died inside. :p

But on the upside, I know what I have to do if I want to play video games...just pop in Star Wars.

And she's crazy if she thinks that our son isn't going to like SW. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

Isn't she the one that decorated her garage with Star Wars things? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Yes, but she did cause she knows how much I like it. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

She'll decorate for you, but not watch it with you? Silly. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

You mean the bag was labelled all reds, or it just happened to be all reds? Because the original reds are the best, but the other reds they've introduced in the all-red pack aren't my faves.

It was labelled all reds: Cherry, strawberry, watermelon (which were all good) and fruit punch (not so much)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

So, I was at a concert down on the river tonight and the Coast Guard Helicopter comes up from Detroit and starts flying in what is obviously a search and rescue pattern. Anyways, halfway through the concert the Rob Stewart Impersonator takes a break and the lady in charge of the concert comes out and apologizes for the helicopter and explains that she had called the Coast Guard to see if this was really necessary and if they were drilling could they please move further down the river. But she was told by the Coast Guard that they were conducting an actual search but they couldn't tell her what for. Dude lady, I'm sorry that someone in distress on the water is interrupting your peaceful concert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

You mean the bag was labelled all reds, or it just happened to be all reds? Because the original reds are the best, but the other reds they've introduced in the all-red pack aren't my faves.

It was labelled all reds: Cherry, strawberry, watermelon (which were all good) and fruit punch (not so much)

The packaging reads Starburst FaveReds...very corny :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

She'll decorate for you, but not watch it with you? Silly. :p

Yea, she is weird. ;)

So, I was at a concert down on the river tonight and the Coast Guard Helicopter comes up from Detroit and starts flying in what is obviously a search and rescue pattern. Anyways, halfway through the concert the Rob Stewart Impersonator takes a break and the lady in charge of the concert comes out and apologizes for the helicopter and explains that she had called the Coast Guard to see if this was really necessary and if they were drilling could they please move further down the river. But she was told by the Coast Guard that they were conducting an actual search but they couldn't tell her what for. Dude lady, I'm sorry that someone in distress on the water is interrupting your peaceful concert

Wow, no kiddin'. God forbid someone drown during that concert!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

She'll decorate for you, but not watch it with you? Silly. :p

Yea, she is weird. ;)

But you gotta love her anyway. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

So, I was at a concert down on the river tonight and the Coast Guard Helicopter comes up from Detroit and starts flying in what is obviously a search and rescue pattern. Anyways, halfway through the concert the Rob Stewart Impersonator takes a break and the lady in charge of the concert comes out and apologizes for the helicopter and explains that she had called the Coast Guard to see if this was really necessary and if they were drilling could they please move further down the river. But she was told by the Coast Guard that they were conducting an actual search but they couldn't tell her what for. Dude lady, I'm sorry that someone in distress on the water is interrupting your peaceful concert

Wow, no kiddin'. God forbid someone drown during that concert!!!

Yeah, and it turns out today that they were searching for a guy that lived in a boat with a back brace and found the boat with the keys in it and the dog in the water but the guy's lifejacket wasn't enough to hold him above water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy

So, I been thinking about making a new website for a while... A geeky one of course, and after much brainstorming for names that conveyed a certain amount of geekyness (and ones that weren't registered already, which was the main problem) I settled on Geekysaurus.com

hehe, well I like it. Not sure how the content will be though yet lol. Anyone with ideas are welcome to get involved. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

But you gotta love her anyway. ;)

Indeed I do. :D

Yeah, and it turns out today that they were searching for a guy that lived in a boat with a back brace and found the boat with the keys in it and the dog in the water but the guy's lifejacket wasn't enough to hold him above water.

That sucks.

hehe, well I like it. Not sure how the content will be though yet lol. Anyone with ideas are welcome to get involved. :p

I mean, what kind of ideas are you thinking of? You've gotta have some idea the direction you want to take it. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

I just got my car washed today in the drive-through car wash. It's so purty! :D She's cleaner than the day I got her!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Nice!!

I washed mine here in the driveway on Friday, then pulled her in the garage to wax her. I waxed half the car, and was walking around it eyeing my handy work, and realized that it didn't look ANY better with the wax on it. :p

Sore elbow for nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

Speaking of cars, I spent yet more money today after getting my Mac...

AlfaRomeo_1750_GT.jpg

Yup, I've fulfilled a lifetime dream. This isn't the car itself, as I haven't gone to pick it up since I went to see it last week, but it's the same color and model. It's a 1968 Alfa Romeo 1750 GT, the engine's been totally rebuilt, and it's got a new clutch and flywheel. So, ostensibly no problems, and I only paid $2500 for it, which is outstanding considering what this car is. Being an Alfa, though, I anticipate arriving back at my apartment in a cloud of steam. :p

Edited by Ender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad furday

Speaking of cars, I spent yet more money today after getting my Mac...

AlfaRomeo_1750_GT.jpg

Yup, I've fulfilled a lifetime dream. This isn't the car itself, as I haven't gone to pick it up since I went to see it last week, but it's the same color and model. It's a 1968 Alfa Romeo 1750 GT, the engine's been totally rebuilt, and it's got a new clutch and flywheel. So, ostensibly no problems, and I only paid $2500 for it, which is outstanding considering what this car is. Being an Alfa, though, I anticipate arriving back at my apartment in a cloud of steam. :p

* Gasp! *

*shakes Ender's hand in a Wookiee used car salesbeing kind of way* :p Congratulations! :D :D

I only paid $2500 for it

Which is less than what I paid for my MacBook Pro. :p *just a bit envious* :p;)

I look forwards to you waxing poetically about the driving experience. Maybe in haiku? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Wow, that is awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

I go to pick it up tomorrow, and I anticipate spending a LOT of time on a particular road upstate... I still can't really believe that she's mine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

I just got my car washed today in the drive-through car wash. It's so purty! :D She's cleaner than the day I got her!

I really need to wash mine... I was hoping rain would wash off the bird poo, but it hasn't rained yet. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

I just got to try out my Gamo PT-80 pellet pistol. It's great fun! :)

Ender...nice car, dude!

So, this customer who is a manager of a different convenience store chain comes in to my work and on a whim I asked her if she was hiring. She said yes. I told her my wife was looking for a job. Long story short...

CAITY IS NOW EMPLOYED!!!!!!!!!

*drinks all around*

Edited by James the Defender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.