Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

The Great Depression 2: Depression Harder

Mara

I'm just sad that GM is ditching on Pontiac. Even though I'm not a big GM fan, it's still sad.

Oh, well, guess my Larry will be a collector's item. Eventually. :p

Uncle Du

It's too bad that they let the really popular models go so long ago. It's sad to see these companies bringing back old models and trying to use the name to sell cars. I mean, the new Pontiac GTO's are cool, and I mean, a 6.0 is pretty bad ass, but it's too late. It's not about the cars any more, it was marketing to try and sell more under an old, successful name.

James the Defender

Oh, most definitely. The Mustang has never died, which is cool, so haven't the Corvette and the Camero. They bring back the Charger (which is not really all that cool looking--it's a sedan!!!!!--but the police have latched onto it, making the 5.8 hemi an interceptor) the Challenger is wicked retro looking, but you're absolutely right, Du.

And if I have a Corvette (which is hypothetical, b/c I wouldn't!) I'd name it Tantive IV :p

Edited by James the Defender

Uncle Du

LOL!

And when you mention the 'stang now, look at what it's become: the poor mans sports car. :p

I think that any "American Muscle Car" that's only pushing 6 cylinders is a disgrace....and hey, whatya know! That's a stock Mustang now! I knock on Ford more, but at least they're not looking for a bailout. Yea, Chevy has done the same with the Camaro, but at least it looks cooler.

And since we're still on the subject of cars, here's one:

This car was built by N2A motors (No Two Alike). Cost $40,000

over cost of new Corvette C6 (MSRP $44,000). Unbelievable! The

company is planning a production run of about 100 vehicles.

It sits on a Corvette C6 chassis, front styled like a 57 Chevy,

side like a 58, rear like a 59.. Hence the designation "789".

ATT00001.jpg

ATT00002.jpg

ATT00003.jpg

ATT00004.jpg

Andy

That looks really bizarre to my British eyes. :p

Radioactive Isotope

i'm generally not a car person, but i WANT that car.

and my Mustang will be yellow with black racing stripes and I will name it Bumblebee. :D

Uncle Du

That's American Muscle buddy. ;)

i'm generally not a car person, but i WANT that car.

and my Mustang will be yellow with black racing stripes and I will name it Bumblebee. :D

Typical woman. :p

Winters

Well, you guys never went through the 1950's like we Americans. You guys were still rebuilding both your Island and Europe and making sure the Nazis are all dead while we Americans enjoyed movies, giant beehive hair, the Leave it to Beaver lifestyle, and giant cars that could crash into a wall and you'll be safe if you didn't fly out, and those giant cars only got five miles per gallon (I think it's somewhere like... 1.5 Litres per kilometre for the rest of the world).

Andy

Well, you guys never went through the 1950's like we Americans. You guys were still rebuilding both your Island and Europe and making sure the Nazis are all dead

Probably because you lot decided to not do anything for most of the war. Cheers guys, you're a great help. ;)

Uncle Du

Alright, lets turn this into a WWII debate! :p

Bad furday

Up next, James May will talk about....The War.. :p

I do like the front end of that modded car..but that's it.

James the Defender

Most of the war? War started for you in '39. We came in in '41 and fought til '45... That's two years of no US involvement and 4 years with US involvement... Plus, we were fighting on two fronts...

Uncle Du

And we're off!! :p

Chickenman

We were still dealing with a Depression at the time.

Depression? What a great segue! Now we can be back on topic!

:p

Uncle Du

Nice one! ;)

James the Defender

Oh, yes, depression...um...fianc?e's still having a tough time finding a job, and were getting married in 60 days!

Edited by James the Defender

Uncle Du

Ugh, I totally know the feeling. Any time offers come up, they don't wanna pay me s***. And so far it hasn't been more than I get on unemployment. Freakin pathetic.

James the Defender

At this point, we don't care what they pay her. We need income. We're already going to be living with my folks, and my income won't pay for insurance on two vehicles, gas in both, plus room/board, and other things... We've already counted out modeling, stripping, and prostitution, so there's not that many other markets out there available :p

Winters

We were busy in the 1950s! We had to get rid of the evils of Communism and prevent the world from falling like a bunch of dominos!

Chickenman

We've already counted out modeling, stripping, and prostitution, so there's not that many other markets out there available

Now let's not be hasty. It's good to have all options on the table, even if they aren't your first choice.

James the Defender

Well, she'll only be doing those three for me...minus prostitution...it'll be free... :p

Besides, I wouldn't have the money to pay anyway :p

Drake

Who said anything about her doing those things?

:shifty:

James the Defender

Your eyes :p

Uncle Du

Well, she'll only be doing those three for me...minus prostitution...it'll be free... :p

Besides, I wouldn't have the money to pay anyway :p

Wait wait, you're getting married...and you think the sex is going to be free?!

*shakes head*

My friend, you will pay in SO many other ways.... ;)

Drake

Your eyes :p

I mean that she's not the only person who could do those things.

As in, you. :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.