Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Uncle Du

Batman: Arkham series (Asylum, City, and Origins)

Andy

It was only released 43 minutes ago! :p

Andy

Update: They messed up my pre-order. :mad:

Buying it from somewhere else instead now. There is a special place in hell for companies who break promises of delivering awesome games on release day.

Uncle Du

Ohhhhh, damn that sucks dude. But I swear it was released here a few days ago.

Ender

It was, one of my friends has it.

Uncle Du

Just picked it up today! :D

Now if my wife would let me use the damn TV, I'd be able to play it and give a review. :p

Uncle Du

OK, I have yet to beat story mode, mostly because I'm busy running around solving the Riddler's puzzles, but I will say this: this game is officially my second most favorite game OF ALL TIME. I'm serious. I cannot get enough of it. I'm sitting here typing this, jonesing to play, but I know I can't right now, and it's driving me crazy.

I can't find one negative thing to say about the game. The diversity in the game-play, from the hand to hand, the stealth, detective mode, everything, melds into one perfect visual masterpiece. The voice acting is second to none, the graphics are outstanding, and it's everything any Dark Knight fan would come to expect from getting to play as the Caped Crusader himself. It truly feels as though you are in his shoes.

Oh man, and some of favorites parts of the game are

when you have to escape from Scarecrows nightmare world.

(just being safe)

I really do not want to spoil any of this game. The replay value is so ridiculously high, not just the story mode, but all the challenge maps that you can unlock. The game runs perfectly on the Unreal Engine, and the level of satisfaction I get from pounding Joker's thugs to a pulp is indescribable. I don't mean to gush so much about it, but I can't help it. I swear, I play this game with a constant...well, yea, I won't say that. You get the idea. ;P

If you own a nextgen console, this game HAS to be in your library.

Chicken, you definitely need this game.

• Upvote 1

Andy

I have to agree there, it is pretty much a masterpiece and has not disappointed me at all.

Drake

I swear, I play this game with a constant...well, yea, I won't say that. You get the idea. ;P

A constant smile, right? ;)

Uncle Du

Yes. That's it exactly. ;)

Andy

Anything else and I'd be worried. :p

TheUnknown

I have got to play this.

Uncle Du

Have you played the demo?

TheUnknown

No, it just sounds ewoking awesome.

Andy

That's because it is! :D

Chickenman

The demo is insane. I'm going to wait for either prices to drop down a bit/I get some disposable income, but I cannot wait to play the full thing!

Uncle Du

If there's a GameStop nearby, you can check there for used copies. This is one game that I won't ever be trading in. I finally beat it! :D

My future brother in law said he was kinda disappointed with how quickly he beat the game, but if you take your time, and try and find as many of the Riddlers puzzles as you can, it makes for a more in-depth experience. I think he just ran right through story mode, never stopping along the way.

And exploring the island is sooooo cool. Such an awesome job they did on this!

Chickenman

I was a little worried at how fast the demo went by.

Although I have to give them bonus points for throwing in a lesser known villain like Zsasz in there, even if he was a liiiitle out of character.

Uncle Du

I never really delved into the comics that much, so I don't know a lot about characters backgrounds.

One thing that keeps the replay value alive is the challenge modes. As you find more Riddler trophy's and whatnot, you unlock more challenge stages. These stages are mainly focused around combat, or stealth. And I have to say, when I first went in to play them, I was pretty intimidated. Whatever you do, TRY to not look at the world leaderboards. There are some people out there that are completely pulverizing these challenges. And they're not easy! I flawlessly beat the first challenge (after numerous tries) and I was all happy with myself, but then come to find out, I'm not even scratching the surface when it comes to score. So, there's always that need for me to try and do better.

Andy

lol, I know what you mean about world leaderboards; they have those in Wipeout HD too, and it's like... How can it be possible to finish it that fast?

Drake

Probably the developers and game testers.

Ender

I got it at Best Buy today. I usually never go there, but all this week they're doing a buy one 360 game get another half off, so I preordered Modern Warfare 2 as well.

TheUnknown

I got it at Best Buy today. I usually never go there, but all this week they're doing a buy one 360 game get another half off, so I preordered Modern Warfare 2 as well.

Damn, I wish I hadn't spent most of my student loan money. I would have taken them up on that.

Andy

I'm sure that's not what student loan money is for. :p

Uncle Du

Hey, once it's used for all the important stuff, the leftovers are yours to play around with.

My sister bought a laptop with her excess money. I mean, she's gotta pay it back in the future any way. :p

Uncle Du

I finally found all of the Riddler puzzles. I'm going to give this little hint:

The last Joker teeth that I couldn't find were in the Arkham mansion, in the Wardens office, on the second floor of said office. I explored for a really long time before figuring out that there was a second floor to the office. There are three teeth up there.

Also figured out who the Spirit of Arkham is. That's a pretty cool side plot to the whole game I think.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.