Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Rogue

Day Two: Revelations

Vergere

Lance raised his hands. "Not my place to ask, I'm sorry."

Kelly smiled, "Hey, you don't have to tell us anything. We're not your parents and it's not our business." She looked over at him though, "But you do look like you've seen it rough recently. But don't worry, we'll get some food in you and I'm sure if nothing else, you'll feel better."

Lance motioned to the Cove up ahead. "Well, we're almost there."

Andy

Calvin was agitated at the thought of being around so many people, so looked nervously towards the Cove as they walked there.

"Maybe this isn't such a good idea," he said abruptly, as the anxiety built up. "Things sometimes... just happen... when I'm around."

Vergere

Kelly brushed aside his comment. "Nonsense. We can't let you starve. And we're used to things happening. It'll be okay, I swear."

Andy

"Not things like this, I bet..." Calvin trailed off. Given the current climate regarding hostility towards mutants, he didn't want to risk causing a scene. These people seemed nice enough, but prejudice can be lurking within anybody.

Vergere

Kelly stopped him and turned to look him in the eye. Although she was still smiling, her blue eyes were intense and full of unbridled honesty. "I'm not asking you to trust me, or us. That would be stupid of me to ask. But I will tell you something. Both of us are used to... strange things going on. A lot of times it revolves around me. Lately it's been happening to my friends. Nothing will suprise us anymore. And if something happens, something happens. We won't hold it against you. I promise." She glanced at Lance for a moment before looking at the new guy again. Her eyes much less intense than a moment ago, "Speaking of which, we told you our names, but we still don't know yours."

Mara

Joseph hopped off his bus and walked leisurely down to the beach and towards the Cove. He was glad the weather had changed for the better. It was always easier to do homework outside, at least for him, when it was nice and sunny and warm.

He slipped off his flip-flops and tucked his feet into the sand after sitting on a bench near the parking lot, just into the beach. Physics and sunshine, nothing better. Joseph leaned back a second and breathed in the ocean air before leaning down to retrieve his book.

Finishing his lesson plan, Mr Reynolds packed up his things. On the way out, he decided to call on the principal. He knocked on Mr Warren's office door to see if he was in.

Andy

"Calvin," he supplied. "And, okay... But don't complain to me if something sets on fire..."

Mara

August picked up a dark blue colored pencil and began to carefully fill in the lithe figure she had before her on her sketchbook. The female was beginning to take shape and August was proud of her. Another one good enough to post on her wall.

She smiled as she glanced to the wall to her left, where her window was. Framed around the window were about a dozen sketches of various male and female figures in various costumes. If her mother ever found out about her little "hobby," she knew she'd get another big talk about wasting her life or how great it would be to go to business school. Lucky for her, Mrs Harris never came this far into the hall, and August was left relatively alone.

Sonia the maid would never whisper a thing to her employer, either.

Switching the navy blue for a yellow one, August started filling in the woman's hair.

Vergere

Kelly raised an eyebrow.

"Fire, eh?" Lance smiled. "I'll remember that. But really, stop worrying."

Andy

Calvin let out another nervous laugh, and followed them into the Cove. "I, err, don't have any money on me," he told them.

Danny arrived at the Cove, glad that Chase wasn't tagging along for a change. His twin had decided to stay at home to talk to his dad about Xavier's School for Freaks. He hoped this Brotherhood would prove to be less dorky when he paid them a visit later tonight. But for now he wanted to relax, and looked around for familiar faces.

Vergere

"No problem." Lance shrugged. "It's on the house, as it were."

Kelly waved to those who were already in the Cove, but stayed with Calvin and Lance. "Calvin... stop worrying. Everything's fine."

Andy

"Oh, okay then..." Calvin replied. He thought people were giving him funny looks, but tried to stay calm. He felt a bit fragile at the moment and didn't want to cause any 'accidents'.

Danny ordered a drink and spotted Marcus and Natalie and headed over to them. "Hey guys, how's it going?"

Vergere

Lance handed Calvin a menu. "Whatcha want?"

Kelly watched Calvin for a minute. "You sure you're okay, mate? You're awfully edgy..."

Drake

Marcus nodded as Danny came up to him and Natalie. "Hey man. Just stopped by to make an appearance. How about you? Not with your brother today?"

As Peter led Hailey back into the mansion, she began getting impatient.

"What do you have to show me? Come on, Pete!" she said.

Peter just smiled and stepped on the elevator that led down to the sublevels.

Andy

Calvin looked at the menu, "I'll just get some fries I guess..."

He frowned when Kelly asked him what was up, having still not really thought of anything to say. "Just had a bit of a bad day. Needed to, uhh, get away from home for a bit."

Danny shook his head, "Nope he's doing my head in, basically. Keeps yapping on about getting me a room at some Xavier school or something. Reminded me I still need to go round to that place Neil told me about, so I'll probably do that after here."

Vergere

Lance nodded and went to get some fries started, as nothing had been cooked for the day yet.

Kelly shrugged. "Very well then." She sighed and sat on a table. "So hot out today..." She glanced outside, and, seeing there was very little breeze, created one out of the dead-still air so that the Cove would cool down a bit. She didn't move or do anything to make it look like she was affecting the breeze, but her eyes changed color without her intending them to. She murmured softly to herself, "Much better. Not as hot out now...." She sighed and looked back at Calvin. "So whereabouts you from, Calvin?"

Edited by Tyche

Andy

Calvin was grateful that a light breeze had picked up, the still-heat of the day had begun to get tiresome.

"Hill Valley," Calvin answered, giving Kelly his most recent town of residence. "I don't think I'll be going back there any time soon."

Vergere

"Decent ways away, isn't it?" Kelly tilted her head in curiosity.

Drake

Marcus nodded. "Yeah, I'm staying there too. It's kinda boring with just the two of us there most of the time. The lady who runs the place stops in from time to time but it would be cool to have someone else around to talk to." While he was talking, Marcus spotted Neil sitting off at a table, by himself, writing something. "Speak of the devil."

Ayingel

Lila smiled. "Thanks. I'll get my shoes." She ran upstairs to grab her money and was back downstairs and getting her shoes on in no time. When she saw Jean by the door, she frowned. I must look terrible. I haven't gotten new clothes in awhile... She shook it off. "Ready when you are."

Andy

"Umm, yeah I guess it is," Calvin said. "I figured the beach would be the most relaxing place to head to."

Danny looked over at Neil, "Yeah I can see how it'd get a bit boring. Neil would probably run out of insults pretty quickly."

Edited by Andy

Vergere

Lance came back out with the fries. "Here ya go. Enjoy." He sighed and looked at Kelly, then everyone that was nearby. "Kel." He just raised an eyebrow at her.

With a roll of her eyes, Kelly stopped the breeze that was coming in and her eyes turned back to their regular color. She motioned to Calvin's fries, "Would you like us to stop bothering you and leave you in peace?"

Rogue

Neil had sat down at a table with a pen, and had begun to fill in his form. He struggled with himself to read the form. First name...that's Neil. He scribbled his name on the application. L..last name...okay, Travis... He wrote that down as well.

He struggled to read the rest as it grew complicated, and instead picked it up and walked over to the table Danny, Marcus and Natalie were standing around and plopped it down in annoyance. "Who wants to fill this out for me, because I'm not in the mood."

Mystique shifted into Mr Warren's form before answering the door. "Mr Reynolds. Can I help you?"

Andy

Danny looked at the form and judged from the two words he'd written on the page that either Neil wasn't very literate or a spider had crawled across the page, then looked back at Neil. "What's it worth?"

"Thanks a lot," Calvin said to Lance.

He ate the fries slowly, resisting the near overwhealming urge to cram them down as if they were about to vanish any second. "If you have stuff to do," he said to Kelly between mouthfulls, "then I don't want to hold you up."

Rogue

Neil crossed his arms and looked to his British 'friend'. He raised an eyebrow. "How much do you value your life?"