Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Rogue

Day Two: Revelations

Andy

"Hey, I asked first," Chase said, "but yeah I'm okay, just a bit tired. It's been a very boring morning."

Calvin stumbled through the woods before eventually tripping over a branch and getting a huge splinter in his foot. He sat there in the dirt and leaves for a while, trying to thing what to do next. The sound of a passing train reminded him of Greendale, a few miles along the line: he knew there were some quiet beach areas where he could relax for the rest of the day and clear his mind until he knew what to do.

He winced as he pulled the splinter out, it had looked worse than it was and didn't bleed much. Sighing as he picked himself up again, he began walking in the direction of the railroad.

Edited by Andy

Mara

August had joined her friends outside in the courtyard for lunch as the weather seemed to have cleared and turned into a nice warm day, though cloudy. She quietly ate her lunch as the rest of them jabbered on about things and hoping Bridget wouldn't mention the subject of her party. Not today.

Joseph sat at a table in the cafeteria, eating with some of his physics friends and discussing the day's lecture and homework. Some of them had their books out and were working through problems.

Drake

"Biology was about my only highlight this morning," said Kurt. "But that's because I mostly just sat around and talked with these two all class." He motioned to Natalie and the increasingly nervous-looking Brett.

"I'm glad that we've made a good impression on your son," said Scott.

Jean added, motioning to a nearby couch, "Please, take a seat. Make yourself comfortable."

Scott and Jean pulled up chairs while Mr. Mitchell took a seat on the couch. Not wanting the man to feel confronted by three people, Peter took a seat next to Chase's dad on the couch.

Natalie's father burst into the living. He was frantic and starting to sweat. Upon seeing the black cat sitting on the floor, next to the remote, staring at him, Mr. Brook took a step backwards.

Good, Marcus thought. Fear will hammer this message home.

Marcus pressed a paw to the remote and the television turned off. Mr. Brook's eyes widened for a moment, surprised at the strange actions of this mysterious cat in his house.

"What...the...hell..." he muttered, practically frozen in place.

Marcus tilted his cat head to the side and spoke. His voice was high-pitched, due to the smaller vocal chords of his feline body. He had a limited ability to transform the speech centres of the creatures he turned into, to grant him the ability of human speech, but it came with its limits.

"I know what you did to her," he said.

Natalie's father's mouth dropped open and he made an odd noise that sounded like a cross between a whine and a gurgle. "Wh...what?" He finally managed to get out. "Di...did...you just...talk?"

Marcus-cat smiled a toothy grin and sprang into motion. He crossed the distance between himself and Mr. Brook quickly, transforming into a large black panther halfway through the jump. His, now, large forepaws knocked Natalie's father to the floor and pinned him there by the shoulders. Marcus stood over the scared-to-near-death half-drunk man, moved his face until it was mere inches from Mr. Brook's face and growled.

With his hightened senses, Marcus could smell urine. He sneered.

"I know what you did to her!" Marcus repeated. His voice was deeper and louder now. "She is your daughter! Your only child! You abuse her for things that she doesn't deserve and couldn't control! You are a grown man and she is only a girl! Do you think that's fair!? Do you think yourself a bigger man!? You are her father and you should love her like one!" Marcus let out an angered roar. "Touch her again and I assure you...pissing your pants will be the least of your problems!"

He got off Mr. Brooks, who looked about to make a different kind of mess in his pants, and stalked out of the living room. Once back in the hallway and out of the sight of Natalie's father, Marcus reverted to his human form and opened the front door. When he was outside, he turned back into a bird and flew away, returning to school.

Edited by Drake

Andy

Mr Mitchell took a seat on the couch, "I must admit I was a little surprised of your interest in my boys. I knew they were good, but I personally wouldn't have used the word 'gifted'. Perhaps you could tell me more about what the school can offer them?"

Rogue

"Of course." Jean smiled to him, handing him a very beautifully made pamphlet about the school. She had to give it to Beast, he'd done a wonderful job turning the school from a Mutant Academy into a prep school that would impress just about anyone. "And I would be more than happy to give you a tour of our facilities."

Vergere

Kelly raised an eyebrow at Kurt, "And you call that a highlight? And this guy talked?" She grinned over at Brett, who was looking like he could just melt away in embarassment at being singled out.

Rogue

Natalie nodded, smiling and nudging Brett a bit. "He had some great ideas. He should talk more often."

Drake

Kurt smiled and nodded in agreement. "Yeah. It's no big deal, though. I didn't say much to people when I first came to America...and it wasn't because of the accent either! I know what it's like to feel different and shy...but I broke out of that and now look at me! Sometimes people have to tell me to shut up, I talk so much."

Marcus flew back down to the school grounds and, in a place where no one could see, reverted back into a human. There wasn't much time until class started up again so he walked quickly to the lunch room and grabbed a snack from one of the vending machines. Walking outside, he spotted Natalie and a few other people he recognized.

Vergere

Kelly nodded, "He talks more than he used to, but that's not saying much."

Hesitantly, Brett spoke up again. "She makes me talk."

Mara

Mr Reynolds finished his lunch and put away the copy of the local newspaper he was reading. Checking his watch, he decided to have a walk around the school, perhaps join whichever teacher was unofficial hall monitor. Since it was a more long-term sub job, he wanted to get to know the school a bit better.

He found Mr Bateman and they strolled the halls together, talking and watching out for any trouble. They turned through a doorway and headed out through the courtyard.

Ayingel

Lila spent her lunch with some of the guys from her programming class. She really didn't pay any interest to what they were saying, but it was nice to actually have someone talking to her for a change. All this is just happening so fast. She looked around the quad some more at the various people she'd met already this year. At least I have a place to stay..."OW!" Lila looked around behind her and saw a little rock. Looking around a little more, she saw some of the soccer players at another table laughing at her. She picked it up and headed over to their table. Lila set the rock down and placed her hand on the metal table top. "I think this belongs to one of you." She glanced around the table and saw a few cell phones sitting out.

"Go back where you belong, nerd."

Lila looked at all of them for a minute. Her lips curled into a little smile. "Fine."

"Dude! My phone isn't working! It was just at a full battery!"

Lila laughed as all of them noticed their phones were now dead. Maybe they won't be so rude next time.

Rogue

Neil decided officially that he hated schools. More importantly, American schools, with their class systems, and stupid expectations and standardized tests. With their textbooks filled with words and mathematics, and science and a lot of other things you never really needed. And he really hated Mystique for putting him in this mess.

Even more, he despised the fact that he had heard someone talking and learned that he was sharing his next class with Miss Frustrating herself. That damn cheerleader was going to break his fuse if she kept it up. He might just let out all his energy in one massive burst to take out the whole fecking class in a giant explosion of anger and annoyance.

Some mousy bookworm walked past him and he glared, the kid nervously walking away in fear.

With a sigh, Neil "Fusion" Travis looked down and came face to face with his new textbook. It was from that AP English class....whatever AP meant, and it had some weird chinese artwork on the front cover. He opened it up, took one glance at all the words, and closed it again in frustration.

Her car is going off a cliff...

Drake

Hailey had finished lunch and was making her way to her locker a few minutes early before class. She spotted the boy from the Cove. His name was Neil, Peter had mentioned, and he was dangerous. So just what was he doing in school? He was clearly having a hard time trying to make heads or tails of the English text book he was reading. She walked over to him.

"You know," she said with an overly cheerful smile, "Reading is pretty tough sometimes. Maybe you should look into those adult learning programs or go back a couple grades to elementary school."

Marcus walked up beside the table where Natalie and her friends were sitting. "Hey," he said. "Mind if I join you?"

Rogue

Natalie scooted over to make room for him. "Of course! So where the heck have you been all lunch period?" She asked, punching him playfully on the shoulder. "I thought you got all high and mighty on us and went for Burger Bombs."

Neil looked up at the sixteen year old girl, slowly raising an eyebrow at her. "Is this like an American tradition? To just walk up to a lad and say something overly condescending?"

Drake

Hailey's smile widened. "That sounds about right for an American. I'm from Canada, though. Some say I have my mother's mouth." Without asking, she sat at his table, across from him. "Though, it's probably not half as bad as the things you've no doubt said and done in the past, Mr. Travis."

Marcus didn't want to lie to Natalie but he also didn't want to come right out and tell her either. Aside from the fact that there were people at the table he barely knew, Marcus knew that Natalie wouldn't react well to hearing about how he scared her father half-to-death and made him piss his pants. He would have to tell her about it some time. Preferably before she got home. Marcus had no idea if Mr. Brook would tell her what happened, about the cat that could turn into a panther and talk, or if he would keep quiet out of embarassment. Marcus couldn't take the chance. He would have to tell her after school, at the latest.

For now, though, he just said, "Nah, I just went out for a bit. Had some things to take care of. Clear my head and all that."

Edited by Drake

Rogue

"You haven't the slightest idea what I'm capable of." Neil sat up straighter, looking across the table at her. She knew his name, but he hadn't remembered seeing her in any of his classes. Wait...hadn't he seen her with Nightcrawler the other night at the cove. "So you're one of them X-geeks, aren'tcha? I take it Rasputin told you all about me."

"I see..." Natalie said. He probably had to let off some steam after their arguement in the library.

Drake

Hailey shrugged and leaned over the table casually. "Oh sure, Pete's told me stories about your daring and courageous torching of a school. Or that time when you burnt down an orphanage and claimed it was because they attacked you first." A smooth pebble suddenly appeared in her hand and she rolled it over her fingers in disinterest. "Mostly, though, I've read about you from the Alpha Flight records on my computer. So Fusion can absorb and expel energy, eh? That's nice."

"Yeah..." Marcus said, trailing off. "Everything's cool now...I hope."

Rogue

"And judging by that mouth of yours, you came here for a demonstration." He said, leaning casually backwards in his chair. He had burned down the school for Magneto, and that orphanage had attacked him first. "Look, I don't have to justify myself to anyone. Least of all some X-goodie good barely out of puberty, alright?"

Drake

She leaned back as well, mimicking Neil's recline. Additionally, Hailey spun the pebble around on the end of her finger, as if it were a basketball. "I didn't come here looking for your justification. I was just curious as to why a clearly unstable and mentally deficient lad, such as yourself, was attending school. Also," She suddenly sat straight, the pebble now enclosed in her fist. Her face was serious. "You haven't the slightest idea of what I'm capable of. Suffice it to say that I could lodge this rock in your temple before you could make your fingers spark. Don't mess with us X-goodie goods or you'll regret it."

Hailey got up to leave, now smiling as sweetly as she had earlier. "Like my godfather says. Got that...bub?"

Edited by Drake

Rogue

"Wolverine's you're fecking godfather? Boy do I pity you." Neil muttered as she walked away. If it hadn't been for Lehnsherr telling him to keep things under wraps, he would have deep fried that girl where she stood. She obviously had a deep misunderstanding of his abilities if she thought she could hit him first.

The problem with these Xmen was that they failed to see the greater picture. Failed to visualize a world where mutants not only survived, but thrived and prospered. Where they could live in peace together, and not have to fear their safety. Not have to hide.

Where kids didn't get abandoned because they were higher on the evolutionary scale.

If only they could realize that all these things he did, he did for the greater future his mentor promised.

Magneto...this is by far the most frustrating assignment yet. I much prefered Russia.

Drake

The bell rang and everyone filed back inside for their afternoon classes.

Back at the Xavier mansion, Scott, Jean and Peter gave Mr. Mitchell a tour of the building and the grounds. They, of course, avoided taking him down into the sublevels.

Andy

As the tour of the school's grounds finished, Mr Mitchell turned back to Jean and Scott. "Well this is very impressive. Where do I sign?"

Calvin wished he had more clothes with him, but they unfortunately burnt with his house. He wondered if his foster parents were actually looking for him, or whether everyone just thought he was dead.

He hoped it wasn't too much further to go. He guessed he'd been walking for about 2 hours, which would put him halfway there; or so he hoped.

Drake

Jean smiled happily. "Well, we have some paperwork for you to read and sign but we don't want to hold you up here so we can send it home with you and you can drop it off here later today or tomorrow."

She gave Mr. Mitchell a folder with at least a dozen pages worth of legal documents to read and sign, then showed him back to the door with Scott and Peter.

Once Chase's father had left, Jean slumped a bit, letting out a sigh of relief. "Professor Xavier made that sort of thing look so easy."

"You did well," said Peter, nodding. "I believe he was sold before even walking through the door."

Took over a bit for Jean there to get things moving along. We're going to be jumping ahead now to the end of classes.

Edited by Drake

Vergere

Kelly was picked up by Lance at the end of school, getting a free motorcycle ride back to the Cove, which was completely dead. She laid down on one of the empty, large tables to do her homework where the sun wasn't beating down on her, and Lance laid down beside her to help her if she had problems with her math homework, occasionally rubbing her back when she got frustrated.

Brett headed home to get his airsoft equipment, then was picked up a bit later by some of his teammembers to head about an hour out of the city to get in a late afternoon game.

Catalina slung her bookbag over her shoulder as she walked down a few blocks from the school to a martial arts facility where she could practice her hits and kicks against other people, instead of just practicing in front of a mirror.

Ayingel

Gertie stood around out front of the school building. There was a game that night so she had to wait for one of the other girls from the team to get ready. I hate driving around these little sophomores. She impatiently tapped her foot as the girl finished changing in the locker room. Gertie had skipped her last class so she could get ready. As she looked up at the door, she saw her annoyance from earlier. He'll come crawling... As she looked back towards the parking lot again, Brad drove by and waved at her. She sighed and waved back. He stopped his car and waved her over. "Hmm..." Gertie smiled and headed down to see him.

"So, we doing anything after the game tonight?" He looked up at her hopefully.

Sinking down to his level, Gertie shook her head. "Sorry, I've got other plans." She knew she was getting some looks from the guys walking by behind her. She stood back up. "Don't worry kid, you'll see me tomorrow." She winked and pointed her fingers like guns at him. "Good luck."