Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Rogue

Day Two: Revelations

Drake

"I'm afraid there's no way to reverse or remove an active X-gene," Sam said. "The best thing you can do is to keep practicing. If you need help, find other mutants like Stampy here."

Marcus rolled his eyes. Neil had called him that on several occasions.

Sam continued, "Find other people who can relate. I hope you still have that card I gave you."

Rogue

"I have it..." She said quietly, thoughtfully. She sighed deeply. She understood that Marcus was excited about this ability, but she could hear things, things that she wasn't meant to hear. Things that she didn't want to hear. "Mr. Kash...do these genes tend to... run through families?"

Andy

Calvin smiled back on hearing the suggestion. "Sure, no problem. I'm sorry I've been such a pain today."

Drake

"Please. Call me Sam," he said. "The X-gene is found in everyone on Earth. It's dormant in most people, though. The active gene, however, can be passed down through families, yes. Typically it comes from the father."

"Look," he said finally. "I'm not supposed to be doing this but...I have something that might help with the loud noises and unwanted sounds." Sam reached into his pocket and took out a small container. He popped it open and showed her the contents. Inside was a pair of devices that looked like small hearing aides. "These will automatically filter out high-end frequencies and soften loud noises. They're discrete and barely noticable in your ear. They won't stop your abilities but they just might help you to...adjust." He handed her the container.

Edited by Drake

Rogue

Natalie took it, looking down at the container for a moment. "Thank you..." She said softly. She had a lot to think about.

Still, she didn't think she was afraid of this man anymore. He seemed like he genuinely wanted to help. "I have the card you gave me...but what if I need to contact you?"

Drake

"Can I see the card?" When she handed it back to him, Same took out a pen and wrote down a number. It was to one of his untraceable cell phones. "I would have put it on the card but I don't want just anybody calling me up in the middle of the night. Also, I change numbers quite a bit. Here." He gave her back the card.

"I have another question," said Marcus. "I heard that the X-Men are in town. Is that true?"

A small smile crossed Sam's lips. "Now where did you go and hear something like that? Your new roommate, Neil? Well, he's right. This area has experienced a sudden surge in emerging mutants and the big players have set up shop in town. The X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants have had rivalries in the past but it's often the work of the leaders. Marcus, watch out for Neil Travis. He's a loose cannon. Otherwise, both groups have put out some impressive mutants. Some of which are working now within my organization."

Rogue

"Aren't those the two groups that were involved with the whole Mutant scare last year?" Natalie asked, pocketing the card. "With the temples in all of the different countries? It was broadcast on the news for about a month."

Drake

"Yes," said Sam. "Those were them. The mutant we we stopped was trying to use the pyramids to activate the X-genes in everyone on Earth. The problem was that not everyone would have survived the changes. Millions would have died. The risk of those kind of loses unified old enemies. Although now, it seems, everyone is back to drawing their lines in the sand."

Sam looked at his watch. "Listen kids. It's been great clearing things up with you but I gotta take off. I have to go pay the Xavier mansion a visit. Anything else before I go?"

Rogue

Natalie shook her head. "...Thank you, for talking with us."

Drake

"Yeah, thanks," agreed Marcus.

Sam nodded. "No problem. I'll see you around." He started to walk away then stopped, remembering something. Turning back to them, he said, "If you see Kelly Reed around...let her know that I'll be by to talk to her some time soon."

Smiling, Sam walked back to his car and continued his original trip to the Xavier mansion.

Once Agent Kash had left, Marcus turned to Natalie. He wasn't sure what to make of everything they had just learned. That there really was a much bigger world. A mostly hidden world of mutants living their day-to-day lives amid the rest of humanity.

"Well, that was interesting," he said. "Maybe we should go find your friend."

Edited by Drake

Rogue

Natalie groaned inwardly as Agent Kash outed Kelly, crossing her arms. "Yeah...we should go let her and Lance know."

She led Marcus back towards the Cove, looking around for Lance or Kelly.

Instead what they got was Neil. "Well, if it isn't Barky Mark and his young lass. Where did you kids run off to?"

Drake

"Oh, you know," said Marcus. "Just kicking over sand castles and throwing rocks at birds. How was the interview?"

Hailey ran her fingers through her hair, causing a small cloud of dirt to fall to the floor. "I guess a shower would be in order, eh?" She looked over at Chase. "You staying for dinner?"

Vergere

Kelly grinned and went into the back room and grabbed two helmets and the keys to the bike. She tossed one of the helmets over to Calvin. "Gotta wear it or you can't ride." She smiled and headed out to the motorcycle, putting on her helmet as she went.

Rogue

"Eh," Neil rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "We will see. I'm not too concerned. If this doesn't work out I could always blow up an ATM. Danny flew the coop and went home, so I am unfortunatly without entertainment. What are you kids up?"

Andy

"I could do," Chase said excitedly. "I was going to go home, but I can always give my dad a ring to let him know I'm staying."

"Fair enough," replied Calvin. He followed Kelly to the bike, putting on the helmet as he went.

Drake

Marcus shrugged, "Nothing really. Hey, have you seen the guy in charge around here recently? Or his girlfriend?"

Rogue

"I dunno what he's doing." Neil said with a shrug. "But his mot was just headed towards the parking lot."

Vergere

Once Calvin was ready, Kelly got the motorcycle running and sped out of the parking lot, headed towards the address Calvin had given her. After hitting the nasty California traffic, taking detours, and getting stopped by evil red lights, they finally made it to the address. Kelly got a bit into the driveway before stopping for a moment so that she could talk to Calvin. Lifting up her facemask, she looked over her shoulder at him. "You think this is it?"

Ayingel

After a moment of awe, Lila looked over at Jean. "Well, I think I should get the cellphone first and we'll see what I have left."

Andy

"I think so..." Calvin said. He hoped so, as he was counting on what Sam had told him earlier about it being a safe place for mutants; which is exactly what he needed right now.

Vergere

Kelly shrugged and sighed as she looked up at the monster place. "Well then. Let's go see who's home, shall we?" She flipped her face shield back down and slowly drove up to where she thought looked like a good place to park, given the circumstances. She turned off the bike and took off her helmet. "You want me to go with you so if we got the wrong place we can keep looking? Or are you good on your own?" Kelly smiled back at him, not wanting to be overbearing but more than happy to stay if he requested it. If nothing else, this had given her the opportunity to borrow the motorcycle for a while and not study calc.

Drake

A chime sounded on Peter's watch, alerting him to an unscheduled visitor arriving in the driveway. He looked through a window and saw two teenagers on a motorcycle.

"Kurt," he said. "You might want to leave now."

"Huh?" said the blue boy. "Oh, right. Come on, Chase. Let's go pick you out a room." Before the British youth could say anything otherwise, Kurt put a hand on his shoulder and both teleported from the lobby.

Peter looked at Hailey. Her uniform, though similar to his, was slightly more identifiable as belonging to the X-Men. His, however, could pass as workout clothes.

Hailey shrugged. "I need to get clean, anyway." She wandered off to shower and change.

Andy

Chase smiled at the thought of picking out a room, and then let out a startled cry as he appeared upstairs in a corrider with doors to various rooms leading from it. "Next time warn me before you do that!"

Outside, Calvin dismounted the bike. "I'm sure it's the right place," he said looking at the building, "besides that sign on the wall says so. It's up to you whether you want to come in or not, I'll be okay if you need to get back or anything."

Vergere

Kelly shrugged. "Alright then. I'll just stay here to make sure someone answers the door, then I'll head on out and get back to the Cove." She put her helmet back on and just sat on the bike figuring she was about to head out anyways. She just had no intention of leaving him there if no one was going to answer the door.

Andy

Calvin left the helmet behind. "Kelly... Thanks," he said with a smile.

With that, he walked up to the door, and rang the bell. In his dirty slept-in t-shirt and shorts he didn't think he'd have any trouble convincing them of the need he was in. He just hoped they had a room, and weren't too bothered by the fact that he'd ran away from home--after burning it down--to get there.