Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Rogue

Day One: Introductions

Rogue

"No bearded women for me, thank you." Neil replied, with a smirk. "No, I was doing my civic duty to mutant-kind at the time by ensuring the allegiance of a certain mutant that was of particular use to Magneto."

He walked towards the front door. "So what the hell's your deal anyway? We usually don't see people walking in here on day one."

Edited by Rogue

Drake

"It's complicated," said Marcus, frowning at the thought. "I revealed my powers to a friend and she...well, took it bad. Then Mystique just showed up, telling me about this Brotherhood thing. She said there would be others coming here who could relate and have my back when no regular human would."

Rogue

"Of course." Just like Mystique to sugar-coat the whole thing. He was sure that in time the kid would get reeled into the cause too. "Don't worry 'bout it. If that chick can't understand, then screw her. There's bigger and better things out there. Like this party that's supposed to be happening tonight."

Drake

"Party? Oh right! That would be the Back-to-School Bash at the Cove." A thought entered Marcus' mind. Natalie would most likely be there. Sure, her father had grounded her, but that never stopped her before. "I'm gonna get changed."

Marcus went to his room and changed out of his salt-water stained clothes and into something a little fresher. He came back out of his room and said, "Alright, let's hit the beach."

Rogue

Neil walked them out the door and to the driveway where he remembered that he was only driving a motorcycle right now. It was a situation that would have to be fixed eventually, but for tonight he had a quick fix.

He opened the garage. Sitting inside was Mystique's dark blue convertible. He whistled. "At least the woman has good taste in cars. I probably would have picked black or red, but hey. Beggars can't be choosers." He hopped into the driver's seat. "Hop in." He said, placing a finger near the ignition. A spark flew from his finger, and the car blossomed to life.

Drake

"I was just gonna go cheetah and run but lazy works too."

Marcus sat in the passenger's seat and echoed Neil's earlier whistle. "Good taste is right, my friend."

Rogue

Neil grinned, switching the car to drive, and blasting out of there fast. He turned sharply at the end of the driveway, and headed towards the beach. It wasn't long before he was parking the car in the lot outside the Cove. "Handles like a charm." He said, locking it and stepping out. "Can't forget to thank her for lending it to us." He chuckled, heading inside.

Drake

"I think I'll leave that all to you, man," said Marcus. Even though he knew Neil wouldn't breathe a word of it to Mystique, he would prefer to stay out of that mess regardless.

As they went inside, they found that a number of people were already there for the party and concert. Marcus looked around for anyone that he knew.

Andy

Chase sat down next to Danny, "having fun, bro?"

"Yeah, great fun," Danny sarcastically replied. "What are you going to tell dad?"

"I might stay, actually."

"Really?" Danny said in disbelief, "I would have thought you'd be going back home."

"Well," Chase said thoughtfully, "I think there are people here who will understand me better than back home."

"That may be true..." Danny agreed.

"Right, I'm going to get something to drink, want anything?"

"Nah, I'm fine."

Chase left Danny to it and went off to get a drink.

Danny wondered how much longer Neil was going to be.

Rogue

Neil smirked, looking around at the place. Seemed like the stage was just about set up. He saw Danny Mitchell, the kid from the electronics store before and went over to reclaim his seat at the small round table. "Alright, so what were these questions of yours, London?"

Natalie was hard at work, carrying plates of food on her arm as she brought them to the next table. Then she went to help Kelly behind the counter. She was hard at work and focussed, trying to fill the hole Lance left behind as he finished up getting everything set up. They were big shoes to fill.

Edited by Rogue

Andy

"Alright," Danny said as Neil took his seat , "I just wanted to know more about this Brotherhood. Like, where can I find it, and how do I get in? You've got me interested, basically."

Rogue

"Well, glad to hear it. I was hoping to beat blue girl's recruitment count." Neil said, then spoke quietly. "The Brotherhood of Mutants is an organization started by Eric Lehnsherr after World War II. The human race is evolving, and we're the future. The Brotherhood exists as an organization, to bring power to us. To ensure that the mutant hatred today isn't around tommorrow. We've got a house over on 6th Street where members are welcome to live."

Drake

Marcus took a seat at the table where Neil and Danny were talking. He took out the card that Mystique had given him earlier and slid it across the table to Danny.

"Here's the address. The doors are open to people like us."

Andy

"6th Street," echoed Danny, as he took the card from Marcus. "Co-incidentally I'll probably be needing a place to live soon. Dad's moving back home, I can't be bothered with the hassle. Plus I get the feeling that sticking around with you guys will be more beneficial. I've seen people who hate mutants; we need to stick together to overcome them. Teach them to show some respect. I guess I'll have to pay a visit."

Vergere

A bit later, Lance got up in on stage as the lights went down and colored for the concert. "HEY GREENDALE!" He grinned, obviously loving this, as the assembled people cheered. "Welcome to all you new folks. And to all of you who know what's in store..." He nodded as more cheers went up, "Show everyone else what it means to have a great time. And now, ladies and gentlemen, The Reckless!" He bowed and jumped off the stage as the live concert began right behind him.

Rogue

Natalie worked to make her way to a table with drinks as the crowd started to gather. People met up with their friends, and others began dancing in the center of the Cove. She was smiling, glad that her day had finally culminated into something good. She dropped the drinks down on the table they belonged to, and found Lance picking her up and hugging her from behind. "Thanks for the assist Natalie! I've got it from here."

He put her back down on the ground and she grinned, handing him the apron back. "Of course. It was kind of fun." She then made her way over to a table filled with some friends from her english class, sitting down with them to catch up on some stuff.

Andy

"So," Danny said to Marcus with a sly grin, "have fun at the Mall?"

Edited by Andy

Drake

"Yeah," said Marcus, trying to forget about the part involving Natalie. "But I got bored and took off before animal control got there."

After dinner was finished and everything was cleaned up, everyone at the Xavier mansion gathered together again in the den.

"Come on guys, we're already late enough as it is!" exclaimed Kurt. He had his holo-inducer watch back on.

"What's the rush, furball?" asked Hailey.

"Only a party that everyone at school will be at! It's down at the beach at this place called The Cove."

Peter raised an eyebrow. "A party you say?"

Scott stood up from the couch and pulled his keys from his pocket. "I'll drive."

"You in, Lila?" asked Hailey to the other girl.

Andy

"Good thinking," said Danny.

Danny was just about to say something else when three guys pushed their way to the table: Trent and some of his gang. "Evening," was all Danny said to him.

"Look, I dunno what s*** you pulled earlier," Trent growled, "but you were lucky this time."

"Why don't you and your goons go and play with someone your own mental age?" Danny suggested.

Trent looked like he wanted to start something but it would have been 3 against 3, and bullies don't like to play when the odds are against them. "Just watch yourself."

As Trent walked off with his entourage, Danny muttered sarcastically, "oh, I'm so terrified."

Vergere

Catalina and Kelly were both relieved relatively soon by adult workers that had come to work for the evening so that the student-aged workers could enjoy the party. Kelly ran up behind Lance and pounced on him, hugging him from behind. He laughed and wrapped his arms around her legs so she didn't fall, dancing slightly to the music.

Mara

On the spur of the moment, August had decided to drive down to the beach with her top down. It was still pretty warm out, and as she got closer to The Cove, she felt the wind loosening up a bit. Yeah, it would be good to hang out and enjoy the concert. She just hoped she wouldn't be late. But if she couldn't find her friends, it wouldn't be a total loss.

As she pulled in and pushed the button to set the top back in place, she was bombarded. Poor luck, that.

"August, you made it!" Bridget squealed.

"Yeah, I did." Surprised? She locked her Mercedes with a beep.

"Come on, Tawny's saving us spots up front!" August could hear the band pumping out loud music as Bridget grabbed her arm and pulled her over to the throng of people.

"Josito? Isn't there a big concert at the beach esta noche?"

"Si, mama, but it's a school night. I have to be up early."

She smiled knowingly. "It is still early. Go, have fun with your friends. You can study hard tomorrow."

Joseph looked at his mother silently for a moment, the wheels in his head turning almost visibly. "All right. Only because I a senior." He grinned and stood, kissing her on the cheek. "I will be back by midnight."

He knew there were less bus routes this time of night and that it would take forever to get to the beach and The Cove, so he called up a friend to pick him up. It only took three tries, but he found one who was still at home.

A few minutes later, he and Paige had driven up to the beach in her battered blue sedan.

"I am glad you called. I had completely forgotten about the concert, Joseph!"

"Ah, no problema."

"Find me when you're ready to go back!" She waved and headed into the crowd of people.

Joseph walked slowly from the parking lot, surveying the situation. The Cove was packed full now, completely different than when he had been there hours before. Concerts weren't much his thing, so he headed closer to the meeting place, looking for an empty table, or even an empty seat, to find some friends.

Edited by Mara

Rogue

"What a bunch of jockstraps." Neil stood as they walked away, expelling energy from himself. He extended his hands, and created a thin energy barrier. He used it to grab the bottom of Trents pants befote giving them a big yank. With a whoosh, they fell to his ankles in the middle of the crowd. Then he sat down again, his back to the idiots, and expelled them from his mind. "Killer party though. The ones up in Westchester were too stuffy for my tastes."

Edited by Rogue

Andy

"I don't know," Danny said, "it could be better. I was expecting more alcohol than, well, none."

Ayingel

Lila thought for a minute. "I guess it couldn't hurt." She shrugged and checked her watch. I can do more research when we get back.

Drake

"Alright!" said Kurt. "Shotgun!" He bamfed out of the room, presumably to the garage where Scott's car was parked.

The rest of the group made their way out. Scott got in the driver's seat of his convertible with Hailey and Lila getting in the back. Kurt was waiting in the passenger's seat but that changed when Jean levitated him into the back with the girls and took his seat.

"Hey!" he complained. "That was a blatant violation of the rules of shotgun!"

Scott looked back at Kurt and grinned. "My car, my rules and the rule is; the lady with telekinesis gets shotgun."

"Awww," said Kurt with a sigh. "The rules are always against me."

Peter came out wearing black gloves and a helmet. He walked over to his motorcycle and started it up. He popped up his faceplate and, over the sound of the engine, said, "Ready to eat my dust, Summers?"

Scott revved the engine. "You're on."

"Oh yeah!" said Kurt, excited. "Here we go!"

The girls sighed.

Peter dropped his faceplate and peeled out of the garage, Scott close behind.

Marcus shrugged at Danny's suggestion of alcohol. "I haven't really drank much before aside from some of dad's beer but I could try some, sure."

Sam pulled up to his house in the suburbs of Greendale. The place was bought and paid for completely by SHIELD for him to live in and conduct his operations. A secure basement housed weapons and equipment relevant to his job.

He grabbed some of his things, shoving them into a briefcase, and got out of the car. One of his neighbours walked past with their dog and he waved, putting on the face of an every day joe with an office job and easy life.

After a brief conversation about Sam's head injury and how he should buy a shower mat, he went inside and sat down at his computer. From his briefcase, he took out a flash drive and connected to his PC. The data retrieved from SHIELDs mutant database appeared on the screen. The person he had photographed earlier was a mutant known as Neil Travis, alias 'Fusion'. He had had several run-ins with authority and a few assorted police reports. More notably was his involvement with the Brotherhood in Bayville, New York. As were reports of his appearance in Russia just over a year ago.

Sam saved the ID file to his harddrive, grouping it with the other members of the Brotherhood he had on-file then got up to make a late dinner.

Edited by Drake