Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Rogue

Day One: Introductions

DeltaRanger333

"Well not being attacked by monsters from another dimension is always a positive. But who you go with also has a big effect on how the dance turns out." He said simling at Jean. "I never did like Duncan much. He was always so......Duncan. Taryn wasn't a terrible date, but it wasn't exactly who I wanted to go with." He nudged Jean, hinting to her who he meant, as if it wasn't obvious enough. "I'm glad we came here tonight. It's turning out really great. I think i'm really starting to like it here." He said nodding. "California really is a nice place."

Ayingel

Once they were inside, Gertie started looking for somewhere to lose Brad. "Brad, do you think you could get me something to drink?" Classic.

"Yeah, no problem." He squeezed her shoulders before heading off.

Gertie looked around for a table far from his direction. She saw one with a couple of guys talking and made her move. "Hey boys." She smiled flirtatiously as she sat down with them.

When Lila got back to the Cove, she looked around to find anyone she knew. Finally seeing Peter, she made her way over. Being alone with someone else is better than dealing with it by yourself. She looked at her watch and saw what time it was. "I think we should leave soon...Don't want everyone being super tired when they get up for school tomorrow."

Rogue

"Boys? I don't see any boys 'ere." Neil looked from his conversation with Danny over to the very beautiful, leggy blond that had just walked over to their table. She was wearing a blue and gold cheerleader's outfit, and he couldn't help but wonder if that skirt was regulation length at any school. He sat up straighter in his seat, unnerved as she sat down across from them. "You must'have been thinkin about another table. Thereis only men at this one."

Ayingel

Gertie smiled even more. "I like men even better." She leaned in closer. "I'm trying to get rid of that football player back there." She nodded towards Brad and rolled her eyes. "Though, I don't think I've seen the two of you before. I'm Gertie."

Rogue

Neil held out his hand to her and then pulled it back with a smirk when she went to reach for it. "I'm not interested."

Ayingel

"Oh, come on..." Gertie scooted herself closer to Neil. "Being seen with the cheerleading captain gets you a lot of nice things." She leaned in even closer. "And not too many would pass that up." Her hand inched closer to his and her smile widened.

Rogue

Neil raised an eyebrow at her. "You really think I give a feck whether or not I'm seen with the little Queen bee?" He leaned in close to her ear, speaking in his lyrical Irish accent.. "Let me tell you something....I'm not like those little spandex wearing, jockstraps you're so accustomed to. I'm not going to go all scarlet at the sight of you, and quite honestly, I don't care how short that skirt of yours is, or how much of a holy show your smile is. I'm not your fella, and you don't really fancy being my mot. So why don't you just move along sweetheart?"

Ayingel

Gertie's eyes widened. "How dare you." Her brow furrowed and her lips went tight. "You have no idea what you have done." She stood up from the table and stormed off back towards Brad. She pushed and shoved her way though people dancing and kept getting madder by the minute. When Brad asked her what was wrong, Gertie exploded. "I don't get it. Now, take me home." As soon as she said it, the music stopped. Gertie felt as if she were 3 feet tall. Everyone turned to look as Gertie dragged Brad out by the hand, her face betting redder by the minute.

Lila had a slightly amused look at the scene the cheerleader was making. What if I... She saw the cords to some of the sound equipment nearby. No feedback...no...silence... She put her hand to the wall and the music stopped. It took all Lila had to keep from laughing as the girl dragged the boy through the door.

Rogue

Neil smirked, lounging back in his seat with arms behind his head as she stormed out with that football jock. "She doesn't even realize it yet, Danny boy, but I think getting pushed away was actually a turn on for her." That girl could let on all she wanted about being offended, but Neil knew that she wasn't used to her guys treating her like that. And now she would be curious. "I get the strange feeling she'll be back for more." He picked up another beer and toasted his new friend. "Here's to hoping she wears that skirt again."

Andy

"Women do always want what they can't have," Danny said with a grin, "give 'em what they want and they'll walk all over you."

Danny opened another couple of bottles and sat them on the table as he finished off the one he had.

Drake

So she had heard it, then, thought Marcus. Out loud, he said, "Yeah that would suck. To start, though. When you develop and practice your powers, you'll get better control over it. You said you heard me back in the Cove, from several tables away, through music playing and people talking all around. That sounds like pretty good directional hearing to me. You won't have to hear everything."

Peter watched as Lila put her hand to the wall and caused the moment of silence in the music. It was clearly a prank on the stuck-up cheerleader and, to be honest, Peter found it amusing.

He gently placed a large hand on the girl's shoulder. "Pranks and jokes like this are okay but know when it is time to stop. Something that begins as funny can quickly turn dangerous." Peter was referring, of course, to the incident at school earlier in the day, when Lila had tripped the fire alarm and accidentally started an electrical fire in the process.

Peter looked around at the crowd. It sounded like the band was wrapping up with their last song of the night. "Go find Kurt and Hailey. Tell them it is time to go home. I will get Scott and Jean." To Chase, who had tagged along with him, Peter asked, "You will return home with your brother tonight, da?"

Andy

"Yeah," Chase said, "we have our own car. I'll see if my dad can come talk to you too guys if you like?"

Drake

"Sure," said Peter. "At least one of the instructors will usually be at the mansion any time of the day. Ah, here." He reached into his pocket and removed his wallet. From it he took out a business card he had just gotten printed up this morning. "Here is the address and telephone number. Have him phone ahead in advance."

Edited by Drake

Andy

"Okay, will do," Chase replied as he took the card from Peter. "You're off now then, huh?"

Drake

Nodding, Peter said. "Da. You kids have school tomorrow and it's getting late." Nodding to the band, he said. "I think the show is almost done too. Beat the rush out." He could see Scott and Jean in the crowd. "See you again soon, Chase," Peter said, lifting his hand in farewell, as he walked off into the mass of people.

When he reached Scott and Jean, he said, "Time to go, kids. It is almost your bed time." He laughed.

Rogue

Natalie nodded, picking herself off the ground. "I hope so."

Behind his glasses, Scott rolled his eyes. "Could say the same to you."

Jean looked around for the real kids. "Yeah, we should be heading back to the Institute."

Drake

Marcus helped her up. "We should head back. It's starting to get late and some sleep would be welcome after this bass-ackwards day."

Smugly, Peter retorted, "Are you kidding? Russians don't sleep. We drink vodka. Elixir of the gods!"

They made their way out, waving goodbye to Kelly and Lance, and met up with the younger mutants outside. Peter warily watched Neil on their way out, frowning at the evil mutant before exiting the Cove.

"Can't we just stay just a little while longer?" whined Kurt. "This party was really popping!"

Hailey snorted a laugh. "Popping? We need to get you caught up on North American lingo, my friend."

Kurt stuck out his tongue. "The Fuzzy One does things his own way! It's my style." He started to get into the front seat then, with a warning cough from Scott, rolled his eyes and got in the back.

Peter suited up and started his bike. "Try to keep up this time, Summers. Don't embarass me."

He pulled out, Scott right behind him again. Kurt was shouting to goad Scott on. The girls were shouting to tell Scott to slow down.

Rogue

Natalie looked at her watch to see the time. "Oh hell, my dad's going to murder me. That is, if he's conscious enough to do so."

Drake

They started back to the Cove, picking up the pace. "Do you have a ride home? If not, I'm sure Neil wouldn't mind. Well, actually...I don't know about his mind. He might even leave without me." Marcus laughed. "I might have to horse you home." He paused. "Hold on, that sounded better in my brain."

Rogue

Natalie choked out some laughter. "Yeah, I'm sure it did. Anyway, I've got my truck here if you need a ride. Then we can skip all the spectacle and I won't have to ride you home---" Her cheeks turned a bright shade of scarlet. "And that sounded much better in my head."

Drake

Marcus grinned. "Whoa! I thought I couldn't be topped but you are clearly the victor with that one. Well, I'll check to see if Neil's taken off first on the off chance that he sticks around for me."

Rogue

"Sounds like a plan." Natalie said, looking to him as they walked toward the Cove. "And for the record, that's just a sign of how much you guys are corrupting me at school."

Natalie walked ahead of him a bit before she suddenly grinned and looked back. "Race you to the Cove!" She said, before taking off, kicking up sand behind her as she ran.

Drake

Marcus smiled a mischievious smile and gave her several seconds of a head start before transforming into a cheetah. Kicking it into a 70 mile per hour sprint, he flew past her. He heard a squeel as he no doubt surprised her, running by at top speed. A few dozen metres ahead of her, Marcus shifted back into his human form and laughed hard, winking at Nat, before continuing to run to the Cove, well ahead in the race.

"You're going to have to do better than that, my dear Nat!" He shouted back to her. "Cheetah's always prosper!"

Edited by Drake

Rogue

Natalie groaned, reaching down to pick up a seashell to throw at his head. It went wide, landing in the sand again without coming close. "Cheater!" She squeeled, and surprised herself when she began laughing.

Neil waited for the X-freaks to leave before getting up himself. This was a bad place for him to get into a fight with them. He was just heading outside when Marcus almost barreled into him. "Stampede indeed. What's the hurry kid?"

Drake

Marcus was laughing as he just about stumbled to a stop in front of Neil. Natalie was coming up behind him, also laughing. "Oh, just cheating in a little race. Natalie needed a demonstration on the world's fastest land animal."