Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TheUnknown

Random News Snippets

Princess

Dangnabbit GI! I see your stormie avatar and keep thinking that you're Du

Drake

I agree. *throws the FG monkey at GI* Bwahahah!

Tsl

I'm guessing you've never learned history on the World Wars. The French fought hard to try and keep the Germans out of their country and many of their soldiers died before any other country responded. Do NOT put them down and call them cowards or push-overs when they fought and died while America sat back and came in late for both World Wars. So if anyone deserves to be ridiculed...it's you.

My apologies...had to get that off my chest. Please continue on the topic at hand...

:roll: whatever

Uncle Du

:rofl:

There's a debate stopper. :D

TheUnknown

That's why we saved their arses in both World Wars...so they could provide us with neverending entertainment.

Okay, have you ever stopped to think that France's problems in the World Wars were more of a testement to Germany's strength, not France's weakness? Think about it, it took four powers on two fronts and the Russian winter to bring down Germany in WWI. And they carried the war out for three years and managed to litter the battlefields with Russians, Frenchmen, Brits, etc.

In World War II, the Germans basically dominated all of mainland Europe, almost toppled the USSR were it not for the winter (again), and fought a war a THREE fronts and two continents. They did this for six years against ultimately three powerful countries (US, UK, USSR) and caused how many casualties?

To top it off, Germany went up against those odds in both wars with weak allies, so it was mostly them.

It's scary to think what might have happened had it come down to the US versus Germany one-on-one.

GI_Admiral

High Command mistakes > Allied power

Uncle Du

I don't learn languages well.

Hmm, guess that doesn't really matter, I wasn't alive then anyway.:p

Ender

The French also sent 300,000 Jews to Nazi death camps. Almost all of Southern France was collaborating with the Nazis. Then, when the Americans and Brits came and kicked them out of France, French women finally got to sleep with men who didnt call her "Fraulein." :p

Also, it would have been much better for the world if the Germans HAD beaten the USSR. If either that had happened or we had listened to George Patton, the Cold War probably never would have happened, Poland and Hungary and other countries wouldnt have been controlled by the Soviets, and millions of innocent people wouldnt have died in Stalin's gulags. When it came to killing innocents, Stalin was MUCH worse than Hitler was.

Chickenman

Geez I was joking. Yes, I know that the French fought hard to save their country. Who wouldn't? Yes, the German Army at the time kicked arse (though that is mostly because they spent years preparing for the war, correct me if I'm wrong, not much experience in the 139-1941 part of the war) Yes, France wasn't completly invaded in WWI, they were dug in at Ardennes (again, not much experence here, WW1 does not interest me as much as WW2) which, I think, was part of France back then. And Ender, you stole that "fraulein" joke from the "history of french military defeats" :p

Radioactive Isotope

SWEET!!!

Tsl

:eek: I WANT ONE! *shrill squeal of joy*

Andy

lol, don't you ever check starwars.com?

I saw that on there last week. :p

Tsl

Why would I ever want to visit that crap-pile they call a website? lol

TheUnknown

I found that headline saying "Beer found to stop cancer" far more interesting. :p

Uncle Du

Why would I ever want to visit that crap-pile they call a website? lol

No kiddin.

Princess

I'm buying me a mister potato head

Uncle Du

Wow, that's pretty neat.

GI_Admiral

Alex: I gotta get that book! lol

Princess

Bad link Fenring

Edit~ Damn! More confusing avatars!

Edited by Princess

Drake

I thought that was Furday too, lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.