Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Pandora

Useless information that could save your life

Chickenman

I'm admittedly not as educated on the conflict as a good Irishman should be, but orange is the color of the Northern Irish Loyalists who want to keep Northern Ireland under British rule. This doesn't sit too well with the Irish Republicans.

My dad was a smartass when he was younger, and almost walked into the local Irish tavern wearing orange on St. Patty's Day. My grandma spotted him in the window first, and told his brother to "get him the ewok out of here." Probably saved his life. :p

Radioactive Isotope

ah. that sounds like a stupid idea on your dad's part.

Bad furday

I could wear my "I work for KGB" <---(written in Cyrillic!) shirt. That would throw them for a loop. :p ;)

Mara

I've worn orange before on St Patty's. But I'm Dutch. ;)

Chickenman

You're still an infidel.

Bad furday

*throws a shoe at mara* :p

Radioactive Isotope

if a patient with a history of cancer has a bone scan ordered, it is ALWAYS a whole body, even if the stupid doctor ordered it wrong. doesn't matter if the patient presents with neck pain, they're getting a whole body and statics of whatever else looks interesting. the aforementioned is especially true if the patient has a history of prostate, lung, or breast cancer as those love to spread to bone. it also doesn't matter if the cancer was "cured" years ago. they still get the whole body bone scan.

why no, i didn't take the patient history and within two hours completely forget about said cancer history and almost let the patient get out to the parking lot before catching him for yet more pictures, why do you ask?

Mara

*throws a shoe at mara* :p

*throws a wooden shoe at Furrie*

Tsl

apparently if you accidentally put only half the sugar in your snickerdoodle batter....you get yummy shortbread cookies with a little cinnamonyness

Andy

What on Earth is a snickerdoodle?

Mara

A yummy cookie.

Radioactive Isotope

why didn't you go ask Wikipedia? :p

TheUnknown

Pudding and Lortab don't mix.

Tsl

According to my Better Homes cookie cookbook, it was invented in England (referring to the snickerdoodle, of course) :p

Andy

Serious question here.

Have you ever heard of Banoffi Pie?

It's basically a banana and toffee cake with a pie base. best thing ever. I always assumed it was an American thing, based on supermarket advertising during the 1990s, but it turns out it was first created in the UK, and not until the 1970s... Weird. lol

Brumak

That sounds extremely numscious :D

Link

Who knew youtube was so insightful. In the span of four hours, it has taught me how to change a bedpan for a patient, among other skills I have to learn for my nursing test, and also how to disassemble my dad's Ruger when he forgot about the ejection lever. XD God bless Youtube.

James the Defender

The pie sounds good!

YouTube is great!

And here's my info: Gaviscon is gold for the stomach!

Radioactive Isotope

When ordering a bark collar for Ziggy take into account the strength of the band and the fact that Tag grabs Ziggy's collar a lot when they play. Otherwise, you will find your expensive new toy chewed to pieces in the middle of the yard and will need to replace the band.

Princess

The art of getting unwanted hair threaded isn't any less painful than waxing

Pandora

Yes but waxing is faster and probably cheaper. You only endure one or two good rips and voila! The beast is again tamed.

Ayingel

Baking soda and baking powder are NOT the same thing.

Princess

Yes but waxing is faster and probably cheaper. You only endure one or two good rips and voila! The beast is again tamed.

Yeah, well my mom wanted to try it and the lady that was doing it talked me into trying it.

Pandora

I think it's a fad. There's a little threadding shop that just opened in the mall. I give them until August.

Princess

Yeah, neither my mom nor I will have it done again

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.