Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

The Force Unleashed 1 & 2 (spoilers abound!)

Uncle Du

So who else has beaten it?

A buddy of mine, who also happens to be as big a SW geek as me, beat it the other day, so I now have someone in the real world to talk to about it. ;)

Edited by Du

Drake

Yeah I finished it a few days ago on light side ending. The story is really very well done. Like...better than the prequels although I guess they aren't that hard to top, lol.

It seemed kind of dumb up-front but once you think about it, the fact that Starkiller was the one to rally the dissident leaders into forming the Rebel Alliance was kind of ironic and pretty cool. Essentially, Palpatine (through Vader) started the chain of events which would help in aiding his downfall. The fact that Starkiller turns to the light side and rescues the rebel leaders, giving his life in the process, was something that Palps didn't expect.

I also like the little cameo by Garm Bel Iblis, lol.

I picked up a strategy guide so I'm playing through again for the holocrons and dark side ending. I managed to pick up the black saber crystal my first time through. Damn...that is one badass blade! Right now I'm sporting it and the Sith Robe I picked up along the way on Raxus Prime.

Chickenman

Yeah, I still can't figure out if Starkiller creating the Alliance is stupid or awesome.

Drake

If you think about it, the Alliance was already sorta starting out. Most of the leaders already knew each other. Starkiller just sorta got them all in one place. Which was where Palpatine's plan called for killing them instead of Starkiller sacrificing himself for the cause.

Also, I'm not sure if I'm positive on the whole Rebel symbol thing. Was that Starkiller's father's symbol or just a Wookiee thing? I just might not be paying enough attention, lol. Anything about it in the comic or novel?

Chickenman

I don't think it said anything in the comic but I might have missed it. Most likely, though, they left it out. I mean, they left out the entire duel on Raxus Prime.

And yeah, the Alliance was kind of starting during Episode III in the novelization. So...you know...there's that.

Oh, and then the comic is also PROXY being reactivated and retelling Starkiller's story to Juno and Bail. Don't know if that means anything or not. :p

Radioactive Isotope

one of these days, i'm just gonna add a spoiler warning to the title of this thread. :p

Andy

Doesn't look like you are. :p

Drake

I did. :p

Andy

I know, which is why JM isn't. :p

Radioactive Isotope

and here i thought i was going to get someone say they liked all the blacked-out text. :p

Drake

So I beat the dark side ending of the game in which you must kill Vader. This involves fighting him a second time (in which his health is magically restored and he's now 10 times harder to kill). The light side ending has you leaving Vader to rescue the Rebel Alliance leaders by fighting Palpatine before he can execute them.

I just gotta say...Palpatine is much easier to beat than Vader.

Also, the Sith Stalker armour is cool and all but I think I like the Sith Robes (from a holocron) better. They're all black and sinister and shadowy.

Uncle Du

I found a ridiculously easy way to beat Vader the second time for the dark side ending. All I did was hit him with two consecutive Force pushs, then I started a Sith Flurry (think that's what it's called) combo, and finished by knocking him into the air, then hammering him down. Think I only had to do that 5 or 6 times on the Sith Warrior difficulty and he was done. But he was definitely harder than the Emperor.

I did notice the Rebel symbol thing too, and was wondering if I was reading too much into it too, lol. I think it was his fathers symbol, because I noticed it in the very beginning, hanging in the door to the hut on Kashyyyk.

I am still missing one costume and I for the life of me can't figure out what it is. For 360 users (not sure if it's different), it's the 3rd costume from the far right. I have the Sith robes, Ceremonial Robes, Stalker Armor, and I think everything from the Holocrons. Unless I missed a costume in a Holocron, which is entirely possible.

Andy

The symbol is his family's crest, with obviously the light-side ending being the canonical ending.

I've read the SW wiki pages. lol

Edited by Andy

Chickenman

Drat, I was just going to look that up as soon as I finished reading this thread. :???:

Drake

I think the costume you're missing, Du, is Kento's Robe (Kento being his father). It's from a holocron that you find immediately after seeing his Force ghost on Imperial Kashyyyk. It will be behind your spawning point, hidden behind some wreckage or a tree stump.

Uncle Du

I've got Kento's robe, found all the Holocrons on Imperial Kashyyk. I think I've only got a couple more levels that I have to find all of them. I think if it's a costume from a Holocron, it would be on Imperial Felucia. I'll have to check that when I get home today.

Drake

I think there are only 2 costumes you can get from holocrons. If that's the case, then you're looking for the Sith Robe on Raxus Prime. That one is tricky to get to.

Chickenman

you're looking for the Sith Robe.

I have the Sith robes

Fail. :p

Drake

Shut up.

I'll have to have a look then.

Update:

For 360 users (not sure if it's different), it's the 3rd costume from the far right.

Third from the right is the Sith Robe, after the Sith Stalker Armour and Jedi Ceremonial Robe. Kento's Robe is after that, followed by all the costumes unlocked from playing through the levels.

Edited by Drake

Uncle Du

lol, got it. ;)

Drake

Then what the heck are you missing? lol

Uncle Du

I meant, NOW I got it. ;)

Drake

Oh! Good. :p

Uncle Du

There are a couple of Holocrons that I just can't seem to find, even with the damned guide. Friggin pissin me off.

Andy

A parcel came for me on Friday while I was at work. I'm hoping it is TFU. :D

But typically, I got up late on Saturday so couldn't go to collect it from the sorting office cos it closes at 11am, and then it's not open today, and then I can't collect it in the week because they are open 7am 'til 12.45pm, and I'm working 7am 'til 3.30pm :roll:

So I have asked them to take it to the local Post Office which has a more sensible opening time so I can collect it... But I can't get it until Tuesday after I finish work. And I have to pay 50p for the redelivery to the post office! Because obviously the postman wouldn't have gone to the post office anyway. :mad:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.