Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

The Force Unleashed 1 & 2 (spoilers abound!)

CorSec

Secret Nintendo conspiracy revealed!

I read Kotaku regularly, saw that the other day.

But about the Wii Unleashed news: I'm finally putting this game on my hype-radar. I've been ignoring it mostly because:

- A secret apprentice of Darth Vader during the Purge? ha. ha.

- It's set before the OT. That means its chances of being a bad game are increased ten-fold

But if I can wave my wii-stick like a lightsaber hilt (and not have to make my own lightsaber noises), that makes this pretty cool.

Andy

- A secret apprentice of Darth Vader during the Purge? ha. ha.

- It's set before the OT. That means its chances of being a bad game are increased ten-fold

You forgot:

- the plot has been personally approved by George Lucas.

Uncle Du

I honestly don't even give a crap if the storyline is the worst thing ever, the new engines they're using are going to make this game worth buying just to destroy the environment. And choke people out. And throw TIE fighters at people. And shatter every bone in a Stormy's body. Yea.

Drake

Yeah, that's pretty much the selling point for me, as well.

Radioactive Isotope

But if I can wave my wii-stick like a lightsaber hilt (and not have to make my own lightsaber noises), that makes this pretty cool.

so, you'll play an otherwise crappy game just so you can use the Wii-mote as a lightsaber? i think that enters a new realm of geekdom. :p

Mara

Hey, if I was any good at video games, I would totally buy a Wii just for that. :p

CorSec

so, you'll play an otherwise crappy game just so you can use the Wii-mote as a lightsaber? i think that enters a new realm of geekdom. :p

I've played other Star Wars games excessively in the absence of any apparent plot. The uniqueness of this title is what has momentarily caught my attention. It was just another prequel "Be-A-Jedi" game until now.

As a general rule though, I find any real use of the wii-mote defines geekdom. As I flail my arms around in Marvel Ultimate Alliance as Iron Man, I'm sure I must be ignoring the passing of mere "realms" of geekdom. The boundaries I have crossed are surely beyond any simple human definition.

The term "Wii-tard" comes to mind. It is most likely appropriate in this case. :p

DarthValidus

I can't wait till force unleashed comes to wii. :rofl: is it true that u can wield the wii remote as a light saber :puppydogeyes: i hope you don't use the nunchuck. :nerves: i think it gets in the way :nerves:

Andy

Merged your post into the other thread.

Yes, apparently you can. Which should be pretty cool. I don't have a Wii though, and won't be getting one any time soon. lol

DarthValidus

:cool: sure, u can do that... as long as it gets more replies. lol :rofl:

Andy

Yes, I can do that. And I did. lol ;)

Drake

Just a few updates for The Force Unleashed!

Check out LucasArts hawt, newly redesigned webpage for TFU!

- TFU will be (hopefully) released Sept 16 in North America and the 19th in Europe

- It will be released on basically ALL major gaming consoles: X-box 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii and DS! (Not PC? kinda lame)

- Aside from the standard versions available for the 360 and PS3, the other console versions of the game will get unique selling points for gameplay and content

- The Wii version will put the Force in your hands, allowing you to use the wiimote as a lightsaber and the nunchuk for Force powers! Duel Mode lets you battle friends with 27 characters from the game, the 6 movies, and the EU. I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of Mara Jade in the video...that's all I'm sayin. ;)

- The PS2 features 5 new levels (not in the next-gen versions) including fighting through the Jedi Trials in the abandoned Temple.

- The PSP version will have unique Historic Missions in which you can play through 5 classic Star Wars movie moments, including the fight between Luke and Vader in Cloud City...upgraded with new Force Unleashed powers!

- The Nintendo DS copy will allow you to easily use the touch pad to fight through unique single and multiplayer mini-games.

Did I also mention that you get to play as Darth Vader for the whole first level of the game?

Andy

- It will be released on basically ALL major gaming consoles: X-box 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii and DS! (Not PC? kinda lame)

I'm not impressed by the lack of a PC version... but as it's not an FPS or RTS, I can let it slide. lol

Edited by Andy

Drake

Yeah, same here.

I wonder if they'll let you use blasters and whatnot like in the JK games.

Mara

It looks awesome.

Saw a preview on Spike before Ep. III aired.

I think I would buy a Wii JUST for this. :p

Radioactive Isotope

me too. ever since i played one for the first time, i've been itching to use the Wiimote like a lightsaber.

Winters

*twitches...*

What... no... PC... VERSION!!!

*twitches*

CRUSADE AGAINST LUCASARTS!!!

Andy

I think I would buy a Wii JUST for this. :p

As long as your not bothered about graphics... :p

Anyways, I personally wouldn't buy a Wii fir the sake of swinging an imaginary lightsaber around... I mean, I'm sure I can find cheaper ways to look like a total dork. :p

Drake

Pssh. And you call yourself a fan.

Mara

Well, I have been trying to decide, of the three biggies--Wii, PS3, XBOX 360, which I would rather own...

And, well.... I think I made my decision.

'Sides, you get exercise playing the Wii, beside your thumbs. :p

Andy

Pfft, exercise. :p

Mara

:roll:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.