Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Du

The Fantasy Sports Thread

Uncle Du

Dude, I got Jeter and Rollins. :p

That's what happens when there's only 6 people in a baseball league.

James the Defender

I have Lincecum...he's so great, lol

Mara

Man, I must have the wrong guys on the bench. I'm in last in that league. :p

Though, not doing much better in my other two, either. Blah.

James the Defender

To quote Harry Kalas: "Chase Utley, you are the man!"

Though, Shane Victorino is 4/5 with a triple, HR, and five RBI. Today, someone wanted to trade me Hanley Ramirez an Jair Jurjjens for Shane and Lincecum...fat chance, 'specially with Shane leading off in place of injured J-Roll.

Go, Phillies! w00t!!

Mara

Crap-aloos.... I forget I didn't set my leagues for the whole week and did it just through Weds. Argh.

James the Defender

Well, I've set up a fantasy football. Yes, FF already. I sent a few ppl emails. If you wish to join before I set it to a public league in a day or two. PM your e-mail and I'll send the league. Thanks! :D

P.S. This is my 1,000th post!!!

Edited by James the Defender

Mara

Bah, football. :p

I'm not fairing so well in my three baseball leagues so far.

James the Defender

Well, I have a dilemma for Week 1... I have the Eagles Defense and the Colts Defense... The Eagles are playing Green Bay and the Colts are playing the Texans...which defense should I choose? The Packers are going to be BEASTLY, but the Texans are also really good and the Eagles D is better than the Colts... I'm removing the fact that I'm a Packers fan from the equation. What should I do? Do I follow the projected stats, or do I take the intangible of GB having a bad taste in their mouths from the playoff game and playing like they're in the Super Bowl?

Plz help... thank you

Mara

GO LIONS

Er, I'm no expert and don't bother with fantasy football, but I'd probably go with the Colts.

Uncle Du

James, you should look into the projected scores of the games, just don't go by what yahoo says. They're wrong. A LOT. It's good to get as much info as you can from other sites, like NFL.com and ESPN. Look at what they all have to say and choose that way. Or go with your gut. More often than not, the decisions that I make depending on how I feel a game will turn out are usually pretty good. And I'm not even a truly knowledgeable football guy. Though my 5 or 6 championship fantasy trophies would beg to differ. ;)

James the Defender

kk, thanks :)

Uncle Du

How awesome is this starting roster?!

MissingMileHighRoster.jpg

James the Defender

Nice! The only thing that can possibly be upgraded it the TE. Olsen is a great TE, but his new Offensive Coordinator, Mike Martz, is not TE friendly.

Uncle Du

Yea, but when it comes to TE's, it's kind of slim pick-ens. I'll more than likely wait for the first couple weeks of the season, then check again to see if there are any new up and comers at the position that are getting a lot of touches. Not all TE's have Peyton or Rivers throwin' at em, lol.

James the Defender

lol, This is true. 8 in our league, correct? 8 best TEs (IMHO, not in any particular order)

Jermichael Finley--GB

Jason Witten--DAL

Dallas Clark--IND

Antonio Gates--SD

Owen Daniels--HOU

Visanthe Shiancoe---MIN

Brent Celek--PHI

Tony Gonzalez--ATL

Mara

Nice! The only thing that can possibly be upgraded it the TE. Olsen is a great TE, but his new Offensive Coordinator, Mike Martz, is not TE friendly.

But Martz did awesome things for the Lions a couple years back. :p

James the Defender

But Martz did awesome things for the Lions a couple years back. :p

I'm not saying he's not a great coordinator. He is. He's just not TE friendly. :p

Mara

Yep. *shines Lions trophy* :p

James the Defender

They have a trophy? :p

Mara

Were you missing the sarcasm in my last two posts? :p

James the Defender

You were missing my :p...:p

Mara

Signed up for both your hockey leagues, DU.

Yay, hockey!

James the Defender

I have 16 fantasy football leagues and have Rodgers in about 12 of them. I hope he does well. ala Vader: Don't fail me, field general.

Mara

Wow, 16? And I thought managing 3 teams was hard. :p

James the Defender

Even 16 isn't difficult. <5 minutes is dedicated to each league. No problem. I won't have 16 tabs open on Sundays to see all the action, lol. Just a few on the most important ones.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.