Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Du

The Fantasy Sports Thread

James the Defender

2-1 in championship games here

Uncle Du

Well, one championship game in a head to head league, and two third place games in the other two. I'm still in first in my points league, but not by much. Not a very big cushion. I'm worried. I have to figure out which two QB's outta this bunch I should start: Favre, Cutler, Rothlisberger and Romo. Romo is a sure thing I think, but I'm not sure about the other. It really could mean the difference between first and second place.

James the Defender

Cutler is hot and cold, Favre is flailing (yay!), and Roethlisberger is also hot and cold...hmmm....

Uncle Du

Yea. Luckily Favre came through in the second half on Monday. The Bears are playing Detroit this week, so I think Cutler may be a good choice. But his rabid inconsistencies scare me.

Mara

Even inconsistencies can beat the Lions. :p

Uncle Du

This is very true, but it doesn't mean I'll get the required points to win the league. :p

Cutler could throw 3 interceptions and still win the game, but I'd be screwed.

Mara

*shrug* True.

Plus, I'm not sure whether Stanton or Culpepper is starting, haha. THEY could very likely throw interceptions as well.

Uncle Du

True true.

Uncle Du

Well, not too shabby, two first place finishes, one third place finish and a fourth (ugh) place finish. I continue my stellar performance in fantasy football for the third year in a row. :D

Princess

So, if all 3 of my goalies are playing tonight, how do I figure out which ones really will be playing and who will be on the bench? What's the best way?

Uncle Du

There was a website that you could use that was really good at keeping it up to date on a daily basis, but now you have to pay for it.

Try going to each teams individual site and see if there's anything about who's starting there. If you can't find that, find the cities most major newspaper and go to its sports section. They usually report on it every day there's a game.

Princess

NHL.com is useless. I decided to bench Turco because the Devils are playing the Stars and I have Brodeur too. Playing Brodeur and Rinne tonight.

Princess

And called that one right. Brodeur shut out the Stars 4-0

Uncle Du

Well no matter what, you don't ever want to sit a guy like Marty if his team is playing. The way that he plays, coach lets him decide when he wants a break. And when he's on fire like he is, he'll play until he slumps. Three shutouts in as many weeks, two against the "champs". Yea, he's on fire.

Mara

What is up with all these wimpy hockey players who have to go on the DL when they lose a few teeth? Gosh. :p

Uncle Du

I dunno. They definitely don't make hockey players like they used to. :p

Princess

Chris Kunitz is out for a month because he had to have surgery on a torn abdominal muscle that he's been playing with. I'm guessing that they waited until his recovery would team up with the Olympic break though to give him a little extra time

Mara

I dunno. They definitely don't make hockey players like they used to. :p

Nope.

Oh, and keep Eric Staal's wife in your thoughts/prayers. Her sister died of cancer earlier this week.

Uncle Du

Ohhh, I was wondering why he was on a leave of absence.

Princess

What is up with all these wimpy hockey players who have to go on the DL when they lose a few teeth? Gosh. :p

I wouldn't call a throat contusion and having to undergo a tracheotomy weak

Uncle Du

*sigh*

Princess

Why are you sighing?

Uncle Du

Because cat fights are always better in person. ;) :p

Princess

Meh :p

Mara

I wouldn't call a throat contusion and having to undergo a tracheotomy weak

Different guy. The one hit in the throat isn't the same as the one who got hit in the mouth.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.