Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Du

The Fantasy Sports Thread

Mara

Crossed my mind. :p

James the Defender

woo! 74 points after 1 game! Thank you, GB!

Princess

It's not like it was that difficult, you were playing the Lions after all, who may not get their traditional Thanksgiving Day game any more.

James the Defender

Yeah, but they kinda got their traditional Thanksgiving Day beatdown :p

Mara

It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without the Lions losing. :p

Anyway, does Yahoo load slow for anyone else? The last couple weeks or so it's been going a lot more slowly than usual for me. Taking me forever to update my three hockey teams. :p

Princess

How's third place feel Mara?

TheUnknown

I almost feel bad for this win. I needed Drew Brees to get 33 points for me to win. He got 34. I really shouldn't have won that game.

Ender

*Takes a huge bite of a burger and stares at Unknown*

Whut kiiiind of an Uhmurrican are ya?

Mara

How's third place feel Mara?

Awesome.

Uncle Du

Well, I clinched a first round bye in one football league, I'm in first in the football points league I'm in, and I'm sitting comfy in sixth in two others. :p

And hockey is looking up. While it seems to be looking down for someone who was in first in the points league for quite some time... ;)

Mara

Only because of injuries. :p

Plus, I did move up from 4th to 3rd, so, nyah.

Princess

What are you talking about? You're in 5th

Uncle Du

There's a points based league that we're in also.

Princess

Ahhhh.

James the Defender

I have 10 fantasy football leagues and I won in nine of them...

Uncle Du

You have TEN?!

Princess

How do you have time for that?

James the Defender

Easy.

I set my lineups Saturday night and don't check them until Tuesday to see if I've won or not (unless, of course, on Sunday morning it's announced someone is active or inactive). I then check my standings. It's simple, really. I just don't let it control my life. Between Tuesday and Saturday the only time I do anything is if I have players playing on Thursday night. Since the bye weeks ended, it's gotten easier. I'm first or second in all the divisions except for like, 3. I'm second in the Yahoo! League (about which I'm fairly bitter b/c I was first and I went on a three game losing streak.) I have ample time for it, believe it or not. I could support another couple leagues and Fantasy Football is fairly far down on my priority list. Working 6-2 M-F and having from 2-9 after work helps.

Edited by James the Defender

Mara

I was just checking my teams (in hockey) and I think Yahoo is glitching a bit. So double-check your players' info, i.e. injuries and such. Because when I was setting up for this week, sometimes a player would be listed on IR, sometimes not. So just double-check. So you don't have an injured player active.

Uncle Du

Yahoo is pretty crummy about making sure they update players status. During football season it seems to be worse, because that's generally the priority.

And speaking of football, how awesome is it, that in the two leagues that I was in 6th in, I won in the first round of the playoffs in BOTH leagues. I would love it if I could pull this off in at least one of em. Last year I was an 8 seed, and won the whole thing. Post-season is all that matters! That's my motto!!

Uncle Du

Well, I am playing to get to the championship in all three of my head to head leagues again, so I think my odds of winning it all in at least one league is pretty damn good. I'm also still ahead in my football points league too. If I won all four of these leagues, I think I may have to quit fantasy football, cause I would never be able to top a finish like that.

Uncle Du

Wow, totally jinxed myself. Lost in all my head to head leagues, and I lost my first place spot in the points league.

Mara

Yahoo is pretty crummy about making sure they update players status. During football season it seems to be worse, because that's generally the priority.

Usually it's not too bad, but when it contradicts itself on half the pages I load, I get curious. :p

James the Defender

Since my wife told me to take over her leagues, I was playing myself in one championship, so I won. I won in another, and the third will be decided tonight.

Uncle Du

I am really disappointed with how this fantasy season is going to end.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.