Mara 29 Posted September 18, 2008 i've started researching third parties. the more i read about the Libertarians, the more i think they're too far on the conservative side. i agree with most of their platform, but some things are too whacked for me. next up is the Constitutional party. What about the Natural Law party and Nader? :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope 29 Posted September 18, 2008 i might get to him if i don't like the Constitutional party. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted September 19, 2008 (edited) (1) There's changing history, and there's "Yes I said it but I was wrong" or "I could have worded it better." Obama doesn't do that. He just insists he didn't say it, aka: Lies. I'm surprised a Bus***ler-hater is saying that comparing one politician to a dictator is "poor politics". I have never compared Bush to Hitler. Just because a few idiots think it makes a funny protest sign doesn't mean we all do. As s***ty a President as Bush has been, he's never tried to kill an entire creed of people. Thumbs up, I guess. Not exactly what I'd call a clean win though. 2) Or hacking people's personal email accounts isn't a invasion of privacy? You wanna dodge inconvienient issues by raising strawmen and non-related arguments, I'm game. I've sparred with the worst of them, namely Truther Paulians and can easily handle my own. I wasn't saying, "I'm staying out of this" out of cowardice, but out of consideration. You're right about that one, I realized about 2 seconds after I posted that I had been grasping for straws, but I had to pack up and go to school, so I couldn't take it back. I came across as an Obama fanboy and I'm certainly not. You're right, though. Poor debate on my part. Overall, both parties have done a poor job of letting peoples' voices be heard this election season, what with all the protest fiascos during the conventions, assigning only certain places that people could protest, etc. I will say this, though. Freedom of Speech goes hand in hand with Freedom of the Press, and with the Administration's incredibly terrifying secrecy, lying to our faces, and, oh yes, jailing reporters, this Administration hasn't had the best track record on Freedom. Which part? The Stalin part I did above... The Alinsky - Obama has compared his own "community organizing" to, and has expressed admiration for, Saul Alinsky. The Jeremiah Wright? Listen to his wife, listen to his own speechs. Always the worst about America. You don't sit in the pews of a America hating racist for 20 years, have said racist marry you and your wife and baptize your daughters if you don't agree with or at least tolerate it. This would apply to anyone who goes to Fred Phelp's "church" as well. Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson and Ward Churchill? They hate America, claim to be something they're not and are general rabble rousing agitators, just like Obama and his "community organizing" efforts. The Bill Ayers? Oh, I'm sure that he chose the house of to launch his political career years ago, sat on the same board with and is currently engaged in burying every bit of evidence of said board's activities of a total stranger he didn't share some values with... 1. As I said, the Stalin was riddled with more holes than...gee anyone that ever raised their voice against Stalin. 2. You're right about the Jeremiah Wright thing though. Michelle Obama hates America. Hates it. "Oh America! You make me so mad! How can I get back at you America? You make me so mad! I know, I'll be the First Lady of the entire freaking country. Maybe that will teach you how much I hate you!" She said she hadn't been proud of it since she was a child, and yeah, not how I would have worded it. But look at where she's coming from, her past and all. She grew up during the Civil Rights movement (granted towards the end of what is considered the end of it). She grew up helping the poor people that society would rather ignore. There's a bit more in there than a Fox News soundbite would tell you. Cindy McCain's retort was "I've always been proud of America." No s***, you're rich and white. Go away. I believe Michelle Obama, in your own words, said something along the lines of "I could have worded it better." As for Obama's speeches being about his hatred of America...listen to his speeches more, I guess. He doesn't condemn America. He points out problems, things that we as a nation need to work on. He never says a bad word about America. He criticizes the despicable way America has been run the past eight years. The Republican Party is not, contrary to popular belief, America. He speaks about the problems of today with hope for the future. There will always be things to improve. America isn't perfect, and never will be. Anyone who thinks America is without problems is an idiot. Did he go to that church longer than he should have with that idiot as preacher? Hell yes he did. Maybe he didn't want to leave a community he was deeply connected to, that practiced a faith he believes to be true above all else, even if the guy up front was spewing garbage at garbage at him, I don't know. I tend to be distrustful of preachers in the first place. I say interpret the book yourself or whatever. That being said, the Jeremiah Wright argument goes out the window because Palin's got some whackjobs in that area too. 3. They hate America. Yeah, good point. Totally. I mean, Sharpton and Jackson are ambulance chasers, probably racists, whatever, but that doesn't mean they hate America. I think they're trying to do good things, but they're idiots so they end up doing 1000000% more damage. They're douchebags, I agree, but hate America? A little much. Questioning someone's patriotism is a stupid argument in that it's a baseless and can't be proven or disproven. Nor does it matter in the long run. It actually makes the Republicans look like idiots trying to prove how much more patriotic they are than the Democrats. "Obama doesn't wear a lapel! I wear a lapel! I wear eight lapels! My piss comes out as either red, white or blue, depending of course on my mood!" There's a point where Patriotism becomes Nationalism. Do I love America? Of course. More importantly, do I love the ideals it stands for? More than almost anything. Does America suck these days? Indeed it does. 4. Don't know enough about this one to debate it, but suffice to say, arguing about someone's integrity by comparing them to extremists that vaguely resemble them is...weak. Really weak. Edited September 19, 2008 by Chickenman Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Drake 53 Posted September 19, 2008 *pokes head in* I hope you kids are acting peacibly. I don't want to have to kick your asses. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted September 19, 2008 I dare you to kick Rogue Lead's ass. *Scampers out of the room like a little girl* :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope 29 Posted September 19, 2008 *grabs Chicken's ponytail* now, now. i insist you be present for any admin beat downs. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted September 19, 2008 i might get to him if i don't like the Constitutional party. I think I'm gonna look into him more. Keep my options open. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted September 19, 2008 It's actually an entire party, not just one guy. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope 29 Posted September 19, 2008 but he's the one running. he'll be running for president until the end of time. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted September 19, 2008 It's actually an entire party, not just one guy. I don't vote for parties. I vote for people. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted September 19, 2008 Okay, but she said party, not the guy's name. Me, I vote for those pesky "issues" things. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted September 19, 2008 Issues don't mean anything, if you don't know what the person is gonna do about them. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
GI_Admiral 2 Posted September 19, 2008 Palin is God's gift to Earth... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted September 19, 2008 Issues don't mean anything, if you don't know what the person is gonna do about them. I agree. I'm just a jerk. Palin is God's gift to Earth... We'll see if the Earth likes that gift after it gets nuked to death. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
GI_Admiral 2 Posted September 19, 2008 Hey man, she stares down Russia EVERY DAY in Alaska... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted September 19, 2008 Yeah. I'm wondering how much the state governor of Alaska has to actually deal with Russia. Probably more than I give her credit, but I'll make the joke anyway: "Hey! You can't fish here!" Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TheUnknown 39 Posted September 19, 2008 Palin is God's gift to Earth... Talk about a white elephant gift... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope 29 Posted September 19, 2008 *snerk* good one, Unknown. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
GI_Admiral 2 Posted September 19, 2008 (edited) Make all the sexist remarks you want, she's a moral, educated young woman that will kick the weak liberals out of Washington... Edited September 19, 2008 by GI_Admiral Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted September 19, 2008 Yeah, I love how investigating the credentials of a completely unknown candidate is sexism now. :roll: Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted September 19, 2008 GI, methinks that you've been spending too much time in Washington. Shoulda gone to Ferris like a good boy Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted September 19, 2008 Literacy is like 2% over there though. He must feel like a God! :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted September 19, 2008 Unless he's part of the 2%. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope 29 Posted September 20, 2008 i don't think even Congress is part of that 2% :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Chickenman 9 Posted September 20, 2008 They don't read most of the bills they pass. :roll: Share this post Link to post Share on other sites