Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

What's the last movie you saw?

Pandora

Oh yeah the previews sucked. The film company sent a specific preview reel. Usually the theater manager chooses and sets them. Considering how they're putting a single book into a trilogy, I expected it to start a little slow. But I feel like once it got started it didn't slow down again.

Princess

I'm going to see it tomorrow with friends. And we're specifically going to a theater a half hour away because they have better seats

Pandora

Yes. Be comfortable and don't drink anything.

Saw Flight last night. It's really not about the plane crash.

Princess

The Hobbit. My bladder was about to burst by the end of the movie. I was the only one of my friends that liked it enough to want to see it again.

Pandora

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Entertaining. Surprisingly good.

Ayingel

I didn't like it so much. Except for the ending.

Robert is watching the Hunger Games for the first time.

Ayingel

Saw Les Miserables last night. The movie is extremely well done. The only issue that I have is that

every solo, except for Valjean's Soliloquy, is sung from the right side of the screen.

My friend spent the entire movie in tears, whereas, I only cried at the moments where I knew I would (this next part is a spoilered only because I don't know if everyone knows the plot)

, specifically, when Eponine died, Valjean died, Gavrosh died, the students at the barricade died, and when Valjean sang Suddenly.

Can't recommend it enough.

James the Defender

Saw Lincoln...twice. Absolutely incredible movie! If Daniel Day-Lewis was not such a good actor Tommy Lee Jones would have stolen show! I LOVED the movie! If it stays in theaters long enough--and if I continue to get unemployment/find a job--I will see it again!

Pandora

Rewatched The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers this past week. Extended editions, naturally. (But I need new discs, mine have gotten all scratched up somehow (probably moving four times in three years)....

Princess

Joyful Noise with Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah

Pandora

Was that any good? I love those two separately, I imagine they'd be a scream together.

Bad furday

There needs to be a thing...where celebrities/icons ( like Dolly Parton) do feature length commentary on movies outside their genre....like imagine Dolly doing commentary on

Star Wars, or , better yet, commenting on Return of the Jedi alongside Carrie Fisher. :p:D :lol:

Edited by Bad furday
did you know there were two ways to spell 'Fisher'? I didn't either. :P

Princess

I thought it was funny, but it was feel good at the same time. When Dolly starts pelting Queen Latifah with dinner rolls was hilarious.

Oh and also like Pod I've been working my way through the extended editions of Lord of the Rings

Pandora

Cool. I'll have to put it on my list of things to see.

Princess

It's on HBO right now (as in this general time period)

Pandora

I don't have cable. I'll Redbox it.

James the Defender

Saw Men in Black 3 today. Incredible movie. Incredible plot twist which tied everything in MiB 1 together! What a movie!

Pandora

Finished watching Return of the King last night. Saw No Strings Attached today. OMG Natalie Portman is such a psycho in this movie.

Princess

The Revenant. MY dad found it on TV while waiting for my couch to be delivered yesterday. It sucked. But just when it sucked enough to change the channel, something funny would happen and we ended up watching the entire thing

Pandora

The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. I do so love that one.

Drake

Jack Reacher. It was pretty good! More thought out that I thought it would be. It didn't follow a standard A-B-C storyline and it wasn't just a straight up no-brainer action flick.

Pandora

I saw Jack Reacher yesterday. I enjoyed it too--more entertaining than I thought it was going to be (not that I have the highest standards for Tom Cruise flicks anymore...)

Pandora

Tuesday we saw This is 40. Terrible. Last night I watched Trainspotting which I'd never seen before and was incredibly brilliant (graphic and grotesque, but very smart and well done). Just finished watching Charlie Bartlett. Loved Robert Downey, Jr., as usual.

Princess

Watched Playing for Keeps with Gerard Butler last night

TheUnknown

Saw Looper and Ted Sunday night. Both are pretty good but I wasn't blown away by either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.