Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

What book are you reading right now?

Mara

Star Wars - Legacy of the Force: Invincible by Troy Denning.

And just a couple chapters in, I'm having problems with it. Sigh. Maybe it will get better.

Drake

It does.

Princess

Essentials of Accounting for Business

*headdesk*

Mara

It does.

Hopefully it becomes unpredictable because, right now, I can spot the ending a mile away.

Plus, it seems to be poorly written...and completely different than the other eight novels. Meh.

Drake

I thought it one of the better ones and found the writing pretty well done. *shrug*

Mara

I dunno. At first I wondered if I had the right book, lol. The writing style just seemed off.

Has gotten a bit better... and, really, all of them were a bit slow in the beginning.

Mara

Time to catch up. After Invincible, I read Catch-22 by Joseph Heller and 3rd Degree by James Patterson.

Suffice to say.. the former took me a bout 3 times longer to read, lol. And it takes a bit longer to get into the action. Plus, Patterson is just masterful.

Now reading: Lake in the Clouds by Sara Donati.

Drake

I'm reading Flight of the Nighthawks by Raymond E. Feist. Only too late did I discover this was but the latest trilogy in a larger series by Feist, involving the same world and some of the characters. I think Andy was talking about some of them before...the Conclave of Shadows trilogy, I believe.

Now I'm hooked and have to read all of those ones too. :p

Andy

Yes I fell into the same trap. :p

You'd have thought I'd have been wise to the ploy after that Vector Prime trap that was laid for the NJO. :p

there's another trilogy that precedes Flight of the Nighthawks, too.

Talon of the Silver Hawk

King of Foxes

Exile's Return

The first book of the same universe by Feist is called Magician, and I thought it was an awesome novel. :)

Drake

I'll probably start at the beginning once I'm done with these.

I fell into the trap with Terry Brooks' Shannara series. These authors are are sneaky buggers.

Princess

Ally by Karen Traviss. It's book 5 of the Wess'har Wars series

Chickenman

Currently reading "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" by Philip K. Dick, which is the novel Blade Runner was adapted from. Should be awesome. Also reading "Neuromancer" by William Gibson, which is pretty much the first real cyberpunk novel, also coined the term "cyberspace" and inspired some aspects of the internet's creation. Should be cool.

Princess

Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight

Jake Durron

I'm in the middle of

Merrick

The Witching Hour

Traitor

The Hot Zone

and

Ariadne's Thread

Pandora

Oh, haven't posted in a while.

I finished The Mummy, or Ramses the Damned a while ago. LOVED IT.

I'm almost done with The Witching Hour by Anne Rice (READ IT KIA!!!) And I am in love with one of the main characters, Michael Curry. He reminds me of my honey in almost everything he does, the difference being that Daniel is 25 and Michael is 48. But these characters are so real! If you read it, try not to focus on all the little details of the Mayfair family's history. You will go insane if you do. This baby's over 1000 pages long, and it doesn't even start getting REALLY interesting until the end... because there is an action-packed sequel!

Mara

Dune: House Harkonnen by Brian Herbert and Kevin J Anderson

It's book 2 of a prequel trilogy, and halfway through, it's amazingly good... Can't wait to finish it and get to House Corrino.

Pandora

Finished The Witching Hour, loved it. Started the sequel, Lasher. Not for the squeamish.

Mara

Finally finished House Harkonnen and it was awesome.

Going to start on Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight.

Princess

Turbulent Seas by Christine Feehan

TheUnknown

Blaze by Richard Bachman (Stephen King)

Chickenman

So far Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep isn't as good as Blade Runner (it would be quite a feat if it was), but I gotta say, the androids are much sneakier in the book. Not to say they're stupid in the movie, as they're certainly not, but in the book they're better at blending into society and lulling Deckard into a false sense of security. It's a fun book.

Mara

4th of July by James Patterson. Good so far, but I wants more murder and less courtroom drama.

Mara

A Case of Need by Michael Crichton writing as Jeffery Hudson.

Second time through.. Hoping to get more out of it.

Mara

Finally finished State of Fear, which was even better the second time around.

Now: Star Wars - Coruscant Nights: Streets of Shadows by Michael Reaves.

Just a few chapters in, seems as good as the first one, so far. Just waiting for the action to pick up.

Mara

On to something that should be a lot more interesting: Fire Along the Sky by Sara Donati.

Especially with the war of 1812 heating up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.