Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

What book are you reading right now?

Winters

You don't start out on Persusion, that's the toughest of them all... you start out with Pride and Prejudice or maybe Sense and Sensability, but not persusion

Darth Marius

Sense and Sensability now thats a good one

Mara

My British Lit. professor didn't want us to read one that "everyone" has already read. :p

Winters

Let's see... a Jane Austen novel that everyone hasn't read... humm... that's kind hard considering that she only wrote six books.

Mara

And I think my mom has read each 10 times or more. :p

Winters

Like I said, there's only six novels, that professor of yours had a great deal of books to choose through. I think you should have gone for Northanger Abby, that's good, at least the first quartet is, I haven't finished because I keep on getting side tracked, espically by SW novels (Oh Michael A. Stackpole and Arron Allston, your well written X-Wing novels keep on making me come back... but some day, I might not... but I'll be dead by then, and so will you, so you have nothign to worry about)

Princess

The Lunatic Cafe by Laurell K Hamilton

Mara

Like I said, there's only six novels, that professor of yours had a great deal of books to choose through. I think you should have gone for Northanger Abby, that's good, at least the first quartet is, I haven't finished because I keep on getting side tracked, espically by SW novels (Oh Michael A. Stackpole and Arron Allston, your well written X-Wing novels keep on making me come back... but some day, I might not... but I'll be dead by then, and so will you, so you have nothign to worry about)

Maybe someday I'll give Austen another try... but for now... I have a long list of others to read.

And to be honest... I'm not a big fan of most of the Victorian era lit.

Winters

My English Lit Teacher got mad at me for calling Jane Austen Victorian, because 1). Queen Victoria hadn't taken the crown yet. 2). It's technically a... I think it's called regional because most of everything takes place in certain areas of Britain or similar locations.

Pandora

The Lunatic Cafe by Laurell K Hamilton

That's not another one of those sex-crazed-vampire-and-were-hamster books, is it?

Finished Queen of the Damned on Sunday, and dove into Tale of the Body Thief today. I'm on chaper six and I've already wanted to cry twice.

Princess

It's before it got all sex crazed :p

Winters

Huh? I heard Sex-crazed.

Andy

Why can't we have an individual fighting a giant super-computer... Wait... that was Portal.

The cake is a lie!

A LIE I TELL YOU!!!

LIES!

Edited by Andy

Winters

Actually Andy, sir, it is

LIES AND SLANDER!!!!!

Andy

BUT MOSTLY LIES!

Edited by Andy

Darth Marius

I heard sex and lies. Are we talking about selling something?

Winters

I believe we're selling a special edition GLaDOS version of the Portal Gun, it trys to kill you while making you do complicated puzzels around an Enhanced Activity Chamber. It's also in the shape of Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Darth Marius

I could sell it.

Winters

You have Catherine Zeta-Jones doing it, you can sell anything, except maybe AIDS, but it'd be interesting to see Catherine Zeta-Jones sell that.

Andy

:| That would be something... lol

Winters

Umm... Mara, Pandora... sorry we hijacked your thread, making it into a Catherine Zeta-Jone is hot thread...

Mara

My English Lit Teacher got mad at me for calling Jane Austen Victorian, because 1). Queen Victoria hadn't taken the crown yet. 2). It's technically a... I think it's called regional because most of everything takes place in certain areas of Britain or similar locations.

Meh. I just lump 'em all together.

And I majored in English. :p

Pandora

Boys! Use your indoor voices!

It's before it got all sex crazed :p

There are still were-whatevers that morph when they orgasm! I know this because my friend in high school read them all through programming, making me read all the "good parts." I didn't care at the time because I was a closet-case perv in those days, but now it's an insult to my intelligence.

Andy

Yeah but it was in America so it's only half-English. :p

Mara

Yeah but it was in America so it's only half-English. :p

Pfft.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.