Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
beachgoer2118

The Most Important Question of Your Life

Chickenman

My cousin has read a lot of religious books, including the satanists bibley thingy.

I dunno why, cos he isn't even a religious person.

I'm not religous either, but I like to learn about diffrent religions. I try to research them whenever I get a chance. Granted, I havn't been able to take in-depth looks into diffrent religions, but I've glanced upon the surface of them. It was only after examining them a bit that I decided to become an atheist.

Edited by Chickenman

Radioactive Isotope

regretfully, i am sadly ingorant of most other religions, so i enjoy learning about them as well. however, i think that for the most part, one can only achieve a surface understanding of the doctrine. to understand the deeper aspects of a religion, one would have to start believing it.

Hall_Marnari

To answer Beeurd:

By the way, what is the Jehovah's Witnesses view of other religions, such as Catholicism, Islam, Hindu, etc.?

Do you respect the path that other individuals have chosen to find God, or would you still seek to 'convert' them?

We respect that every human has been endowed with free will and that they choose to do what they will. The purpose of our ministry is not so much to convert as it is to, as we call it, "give a witness." We tell people what we believe and urge them to look into their own Bibles, including the Koran and other Religious Texts of their particular religion. All people need to be given a fair chance for this. If they find that they agree with the teachings then they may wish to convert, which we're always excited about, or they may wish to continue believing what they do, and that's their choice.

The reason we come back after a few months time is because people's attitudes may have changed and they might now be agreeable and willing to compare beliefs and the like.

I meant the JW version of the bible (I forget the name of the translation)

The New World Translation. Talk to Jehovah's Witnesses and you can get a version for free, or go to a local Kingdom Hall and pick one up for free...or I'll mail one to you, lol, I'd suggest one of the former two, lol.

Speaking of translations, I just received an awesome translation called the Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures. It contains Matthew through Revelation and has the original Greek on one line, then the literal English under it and the New World Translation in a seperate column on the right side. I'm really excited about it, lol

Radioactive Isotope

i've seen some Bibles like that. where it's in Latin or Greek on one side and then the KJV on the other. i've been meaning to look at one, although i'm hesitant to get a new set of scriptures because i'd have to transfer 11 years of notes, lol.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.