Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
beachgoer2118

The Most Important Question of Your Life

Chickenman

And i really don't want to get into religon just yet. I find it hard to understand how i can be saved because i can't bring myself to beleive there is a heaven and hell and god and all that because i find it hard to place such blind faith in a book crammed with contradiction.

Do you say it's crammed with contradiction because other people say that, or have you actually taken the time to read through the whole thing? On another note, many christians (I might even say most, but I'm not sure) don't take the bible literally word for word. I believe that the stories in the bible are lessons. Stories with morals. That kind of thing. I don't believe every single thing story in the bible is true.

i just hate how so many things are uncertain and stuff like that....though i refuse outright to place my faith blindly in something merely to gove me hope where there is none.

Lots of christians don't "blindly believe in their faith." I don't. I question it everyday, because I don't want to be a mindless christian drone. Hell, I'm christian on Monday, and Agnostic on Tuesday.

Edited by Chickenman

GI_Admiral

Hmmm perhaps another important question would be:

"Did God create man or did Man create God?"

Either scenario I can answer, both answers probably wouldn't please most people.

I'll just say I'm going to hell no matter what religion (not including satanism) I am or am not.

Andy

i love thastjk its hteh chicken and the wegg qquestin turened around.

Chickenman

i love thastjk too, beeurd.

Andy

Quiet you... :p

Mickey

Yay, fun and good times are afoot on the GB.

GI_Admiral

How you feeling B, not too hung over? :p

DARTH BARAKA

I DONT BELIVE IN GOD HES LIKE SANTA,EASTER BUNNY,ETC. GET IT?

[Master_Revan]

And i really don't want to get into religon just yet. I find it hard to understand how i can be saved because i can't bring myself to beleive there is a heaven and hell and god and all that because i find it hard to place such blind faith in a book crammed with contradiction.

Do you say it's crammed with contradiction because other people say that, or have you actually taken the time to read through the whole thing? On another note, many christians (I might even say most, but I'm not sure) don't take the bible literally word for word. I believe that the stories in the bible are lessons. Stories with morals. That kind of thing. I don't believe every single thing story in the bible is true.

i just hate how so many things are uncertain and stuff like that....though i refuse outright to place my faith blindly in something merely to gove me hope where there is none.

Lots of christians don't "blindly believe in their faith." I don't. I question it everyday, because I don't want to be a mindless christian drone. Hell, I'm christian on Monday, and Agnostic on Tuesday.

Yes, and we are forced to study religion widely in school, with this old guy who goes on and on.....i know what you mean about stories, and no, i'm not just saying what others do. I also find the whole science VS. God rather a pain.

[Master_Revan]

yes, beeurd, you will burn in hell. :p

,7 Jul 2005, 06:54 PM]No, i am not hung up on the matrix, i don't even like the matrix, i just hate how so many things are uncertain and stuff like that....though i refuse outright to place my faith blindly in something merely to gove me hope where there is none.

just out of curiousity, have you looked into Mormonism? it encourages more than most (i think) to really honestly pray to see if something's right. and i'm not saying other religions don't, but from what i've seen, it's more stressed among Mormons than others.

Isn't that the religion where if someone is dying and needs a blood transplant they won't be allowed to do it (say they're a kid then their parents wouldn't do it)? Because i don't think that i could stomach a religion where they let children die when something can be done to save them.

[Master_Revan]

,7 Jul 2005, 11:54 PM]
,6 Jul 2005, 09:45 PM]Actually, the most important question in my life is : Do i really exist?

That question doesn't bother me at all... have you been watching The Matrix too much? ;)

No, i am not hung up on the matrix, i don't even like the matrix, i just hate how so many things are uncertain and stuff like that....though i refuse outright to place my faith blindly in something merely to gove me hope where there is none.

lol, I was just kidding. I'm a condemmed soul too. ;)

Really? Well then you understand my torment. Lol. :p

Andy

We don't believe in typing in ALL CAPS here, either... ;)

yes, beeurd, you will burn in hell. :p

,7 Jul 2005, 06:54 PM]No, i am not hung up on the matrix, i don't even like the matrix, i just hate how so many things are uncertain and stuff like that....though i refuse outright to place my faith blindly in something merely to gove me hope where there is none.

just out of curiousity, have you looked into Mormonism? it encourages more than most (i think) to really honestly pray to see if something's right. and i'm not saying other religions don't, but from what i've seen, it's more stressed among Mormons than others.

Isn't that the religion where if someone is dying and needs a blood transplant they won't be allowed to do it (say they're a kid then their parents wouldn't do it)? Because i don't think that i could stomach a religion where they let children die when something can be done to save them.

That's Jehovah's Witnesses.

Chickenman

I must thank you for this post. Not only did you provide vital information, but you typed in all caps, in case I happened to skip it by mistake. I can also see the clear comparison between God, Santa and the Easter Bunny. I can't believe I didn't see it sooner. You are clearly an intelligent individual. Please, teach me your ways.

Radioactive Isotope

That's Jehovah's Witnesses.

i thought it was Christan Science

Edited by Phantom Thief Dark

Drake

Is that the same as Scientology? Anyway...as far as I know, Witnesses believe in the no transfusion thing too. They believe that their spiritual essence is in their blood and giving blood or getting another persons "spirit" is sinful...or something.

Chickenman

I can't stand Jehova's Witness.

Actually, I can't stand most utlra christian groups in general.

Princess

Anyway...as far as I know, Witnesses believe in the no transfusion thing too

True. Though I have seen articles about Witnesses accepting a synthetic substitute

Tsl

Be nice.....we may have a Witness amongst us. *hint hint*

Rest assured, if a parent denies a child blood in an emergency situation, they can and will be overridden. Just takes, I believe, the signature of two doctors (who are both going to be damned sure the kid really needs it, because they'll surely both be sued later). Not to mention, if an alpha trauma comes in, they certainly aren't going to stop and ask around to be sure the kid is allowed to have blood products.

Once they're adults....well, then it's their choice, and I have no problem with that.

Edited by Tsl

Princess

Be nice.....we may have a Witness amongst us. *hint hint*

Rest assured, if a parent denies a child blood in an emergency situation, they can and will be overridden. Just takes, I believe, the signature of two doctors (who are both going to be damned sure the kid really needs it, because they'll surely both be sued later). Not to mention, if an alpha trauma comes in, they certainly aren't going to stop and ask around to be sure the kid is allowed to have blood products.

Once they're adults....well, then it's their choice, and I have no problem with that.

I'm guessing that it may also take the permission of the medical director of your transfusion service

[Master_Revan]

Me too. I mean, i disagree with the whole blood transfusion thing for a start, however, in my short time on this earth, i have tried to develop a tolerance toward different religions, beliefs, etc. However, this is what most annoys me about witnesses, the way they constantly try to stuff their personal values down your throat. They should mind their own business once in a while.

Princess

Once again guys, we do have a Witness that posts here

[Master_Revan]

Well, sorry, but aren't the boards for discussing your views? Let her have her say, i'm not condemning them to hell, just stating my point. And i'm not saying all of them are the same, and if i have offended Tsl in any way, then i do apologise as that was not my intent.

Radioactive Isotope

is Tsl a JW? i didn't know that....

and i guess shoving beliefs on others can be true of any religion to a certain extent. but when something makes you happy and feel at peace like religion does for some people, they just want to share it.

Drake

No, Tsl's a regular ol' Christian. :p

Hall_Marnari aka James Lightsword aka Ben is a Witness.

Tsl

Who has never tried to force anything on me, btw, though we have had some lengthy and very interesting theological disscussions.

Instead of hating on people of other faiths, try talking about their faith with them and learning why they believe what they believe. It's really interesting to learn about different ways of doing things.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.