Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
beachgoer2118

The Most Important Question of Your Life

Sentrosi

thats too bad... oh well... *writes down names for sacrifice..*...

ok that should be all of them.... :twisted: too bad im joking... :( oh well :D

Andy

lol

Drake

So, when the End of Days comes around, we'll be on opposing sides of the holy war. :p

Andy

heh, one reason I don't like religion - it causes way too many wars.

Chickenman

Before anyone reads this, just remember that I'm Roman Catholic

I hate it when others try to force their religeon on others. I think that this thread is doing that to a certain extent.

Also, I'm not a big fan of how some religeons say that if you don't believe what they do, you don't get to go to heaven. If God is such a forgiving being, I doubt he'll send people to hell just because they were raised with different beliefs.

*shrugs*

Andy

If God is such a forgiving being, I doubt he'll send people to hell just because they were raised with different beliefs.

Amen.

(Please excuse the very deliberate pun)

Tsl

Nobody's forcing anything on anybody. Simply telling people what you believe doesn't mean they have to believe it too. I'm a firm believer in not forcing things on people, because honestly, it just pushes them further away.

As for the other part, I don't know. The Bible says you have to believe, but the Bible says alot of things that have been twisted by man a bit. I would like to think that believing in another religion wouldn't matter, so long as you are a good person.

However, one must remember that this belief is what drives Christians to try and spread the Word, to give everyone a shot at being a believer and thus be saved.

Well...except some of those tv preachers....they just want more money, but don't worry, because they'll be first in line for the depths of hell for abusing God.

Chickenman

Well, I don't think it's delibratly forcing people to believe in Jesus, but the fact that it says: You must believe in him in order to go to heaven is kind of like forcing, as you obviously want to go to heaven. So in order for that to happen, you have to follow their way of thinking.

Indeedy as to the man twisting things part. Another thing I believe is that a lot of stuff in the Bible just plain isn't true. I think they're more lessons than truth.

So...meh

Tsl

No. Just no. If you don't believe in heaven.......why would you have a desire to go there, exactly? I mean...it doesn't exist, duh. :p

In other words, for non-believers, telling them not believing won't let them into a lovely place they don't believe in anyway isn't exactly a compelling force.

Oh no! I must believe in Willy Wonka, or I won't get to go to his awesome Chocolate Factory and dance with the Oompa Loopas! :eek:

Andy

Umm... he said people who don't believe in Jesus, not don't believe in heaven. :p

You can believe in heaven / an afterlife without following the christian faith.... But more seriously, I wanna go to Willy Wonka's awesome Chocolate Factory and dance with the Oompa Loopas! Roald Dahl is a genious. Pure genious I tell thee.

Skywalker

Well, I don't think it's delibratly forcing people to believe in Jesus, but the fact that it says: You must believe in him in order to go to heaven is kind of like forcing, as you obviously want to go to heaven. So in order for that to happen, you have to follow their way of thinking.

Indeedy as to the man twisting things part. Another thing I believe is that a lot of stuff in the Bible just plain isn't true. I think they're more lessons than truth.

So...meh

Wow, you totally took that out of proportion you know. Dear lord. I am a chrisitan. Okay.

He is forgiving, but he gives you many chances here. ON EARTH.

Sentrosi

umm... *shuts up before he angers the mob*

Chickenman

So...meh

Wow, you totally took that out of proportion you know. Dear lord. I am a chrisitan. Okay.

He is forgiving, but he gives you many chances here. ON EARTH.

Yes, I did take it a tad bit out of proportion.

I'm a christian too.

I'm just not a fan of people who go around trying to convert you, and tell you your going to hell simply for not following their religeon.

[Master_Revan]

Actually, the most important question in my life is : Do i really exist?

And i really don't want to get into religon just yet. I find it hard to understand how i can be saved because i can't bring myself to beleive there is a heaven and hell and god and all that because i find it hard to place such blind faith in a book crammed with contradiction.

Tsl

My faith is not in a book, but in God and Jesus Christ ;)

Andy

That question doesn't bother me at all... have you been watching The Matrix too much? ;)

CorSec

In accordance with the thread title, If I don't believe anyway, why does it matter if I'm saved? An afterlife is a silly human invention to give people hope. Hope is irrelevant. We're just a mindless group of beasts who figured out how to talk to eachother. Why should we have any more right to an afterlife than a racoon?

[Master_Revan]

And i really don't want to get into religon just yet. I find it hard to understand how i can be saved because i can't bring myself to beleive there is a heaven and hell and god and all that because i find it hard to place such blind faith in a book crammed with contradiction.

Good for you, though you might want to think about the source of your faith, which was really the basis of my point.

[Master_Revan]

,6 Jul 2005, 09:45 PM]Actually, the most important question in my life is : Do i really exist?

That question doesn't bother me at all... have you been watching The Matrix too much? ;)

No, i am not hung up on the matrix, i don't even like the matrix, i just hate how so many things are uncertain and stuff like that....though i refuse outright to place my faith blindly in something merely to gove me hope where there is none.

Tsl

In accordance with the thread title, If I don't believe anyway, why does it matter if I'm saved? An afterlife is a silly human invention to give people hope. Hope is irrelevant. We're just a mindless group of beasts who figured out how to talk to eachother. Why should we have any more right to an afterlife than a racoon?

Some of us aren't on the same mental and emotional level as a racoon :p

But seriously, I can only pity you in the extreme. If I thought that way, I'd just kill myself right now and be done with this misery.

Then again, I know you. Therefore I know you really only said that to attempt to inspire argument and indignation.

Andy

,6 Jul 2005, 09:45 PM]Actually, the most important question in my life is : Do i really exist?

No, i am not hung up on the matrix, i don't even like the matrix, i just hate how so many things are uncertain and stuff like that....though i refuse outright to place my faith blindly in something merely to gove me hope where there is none.

lol, I was just kidding. I'm a condemmed soul too. ;)

Radioactive Isotope

yes, beeurd, you will burn in hell. :p

just out of curiousity, have you looked into Mormonism? it encourages more than most (i think) to really honestly pray to see if something's right. and i'm not saying other religions don't, but from what i've seen, it's more stressed among Mormons than others.

Tsl

If you don't believe in God, why would you pray to Him to see if He exists? That doesn't make sense to me.

Andy

yes, beeurd, you will burn in hell. :p

Only if it actually exists. Some might say we are already in hell. :p

Radioactive Isotope

some days, i just might agree with you. ;)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.