Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Machiavelli

Does the prophecy of the Chosen One make sense?

Mara

All right... I don't think the "balance" of the Force has anything to do with the amount of Sith/Jedi/Force users there are.

I just really think it has to do with the overall Force itself, the life surrounding everything.

And it can't be the fact of the Sith, because when the Jedi spoke of the prophecy in Ep. I, they hadn't completely known the Sith were back, and it seemed like an old prophecy.

So obviously something else was wrong with the balance of the Force. Perhaps something still around from 1000 years prior when there were Sith around. Or even earlier.

But I do think the prophecy makes sense. I mean, most cultures and religions have similar prophecies. Whether or not they're real and come true, is another thing.

My own personal theory about the Chosen One and whether it was really Anakin Skywalker, is still up for debate in my mind. Sometimes I think that Anakin was indirectly the Chosen One, and brought about the balance through his son, Luke.

(The prophecy never says HOW the balance will be brought about). Or that he did it directly, when he got rid of the Emperor, and redeemed himself.

Of course, those could both be wrong, being the fact that the demise of the Sith wouldn't necessarily bring back the balance, going with what I said earlier.

So... if Anakin WAS the Chosen One and brought the balance, either directly or indirectly, there had to be other things at play within the Force besides the return of the Sith.

Or maybe we/they are still waiting for the Chosen One.

Drake

Here's the introduction paragraph to the Wookieepedia article on the Force:

The Force was a metaphysical, binding, and ubiquitous power that was behind the Jedi and Sith monastic orders.

Described by Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi as "an energy field created by all living things," some societies and organizations thought of the Force as a non-corporeal sentient entity that might be capable of intelligent thought—almost as if it were a sort of chi—while others simply considered it something that could be manipulated and used as though it were a tool.

The Force potential of an individual was apparently measured in sentient creatures by a midi-chlorian count. While both the Jedi and the Sith used the Force to gain their power, there were as many different groups of users and views of the Force as uses of the Force itself.

The Force was restored into balance in 4 ABY by the Chosen One, Anakin Skywalker.

According to them, the Force was brought into balance when Vader killed Palpatine and redeemed himself. Kinda makes sense, I suppose.

Andy

If it's on Wookieepedia then they will have found a canonical source that states such.

It may have come from Leyland Chee, who is responsible for maintaining Lucasfilm's continuity database, the Holocron. He answers a lot of fan queries.

Drake

I think that answer settles that debate then.

TheUnknown

Something I've been pondering:

Under the Rule of Two, the Sith Master takes an apprentice, trains him or her for a long time. When that apprentice is ready, he or she strikes down his or her master and takes over as master. They then take an apprentice of their own.

However, when Vader strikes down his master, he doesn't do it out of lust for power or to take his own apprentice; he does it out of love and pity for his son, turning back to the light in the process.

Drake

I thought that was widely understood. :p

TheUnknown

*Slays Drake for being a smart ass.* :p

Radioactive Isotope

and that surprised you? :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.