Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Roethlisberger

Grade Anything

Chickenman

No no, here's what we do. Get Brandon Boyd, Liam Gallagher, and have them duke it out.

Wait, that's a little unfair... Brandon Boyd couldn't beat up my 6-year old cousin. He's like Robbie Williams in that regard.

Don't you like Incubus? Arn't you the one who told me to listen to more Incubus than just "Megalomaniac" or insane voodoo medicine men would put an unbreakable curse upon me?

If not, well then, you suck. :p

Ender

That was a long time ago... before the Enlightenment... before BT and Neil Young shaped my life into what it is now... I always had liked Oasis, but now it's more. Incubus fell off my charts a while ago.

Uncle Du

I guess that's too bad for you then. :p

Tsl

When September Ends has become my good luck song. If it comes on on the way to work, it's a good night. If it doesn't, it's complete hell.

Andy

That always used to come on the radio on my way to work too. Lol

Chickenman

When September Ends has become my good luck song. If it comes on on the way to work, it's a good night. If it doesn't, it's complete hell.

Worst. Music Video. Ever.

For those who havn't seen it, it starts out with this couple sitting in a field, in a feel good movie of the year-esque scene. This goes on for 2 or 3 minutes. After the mind-numbingly boring beggining, the music starts, and everything is fine...until halfway through the song, when the music paues, and guess what, the couple gets to have another scene, where the girl is crying her brains out and screaming at the guy, because he decided to join the military. So they have an argument for 1 or 2 more minutes. The the music comes back. The only good thing about the video is that it shows the guy participating in combat.

So, anyway, here's my review for the movie Fever Pitch.

In winter of 2003, a school teacher, Ben meets a successful bussinesswoman, Lindsey and they fall for each other. They have a great relationship going until spring, when Ben reveals he is the lowliest, most pathetic of creatures...a Red Sox fan. His obbsession with the Sox continues to get in the way of things, blah blah blah, they resolve all their conflicts, blah blah blah

I was kind of dissapointed in the Farrely Brohters, usually they're some of the funniest guys around, but this time they opted for more of a romantic comedy. Still, it was a pretty enjoyable movie.

Grade: B-

Ender

I saw that on an airplane when I went to San Diego this summer... it wasn't too bad.

Andy

Sounds suspiciously similar to the 1997 movie "Fever Pitch" (gasp, same name!) by Nick Hornby. It's a romantic Brit-com about some guy who falls in love with some woman, but he as obsessive a football fan.

Remake, perhaps?

GI_Admiral

Probably

Chickenman

Sounds suspiciously similar to the 1997 movie "Fever Pitch" (gasp, same name!) by Nick Hornby. It's a romantic Brit-com about some guy who falls in love with some woman, but he as obsessive a football fan.

Remake, perhaps?

Yeah, I think it was based on Hornby's...which started out as a novel.

Andy

I know it was a novel first... that was by Hornby aswell :p

Ana

The British release title of this "Fever Pitch" is "The Perfect Catch". [/factoid]

Ender

I've had a couple of people ask me this, since I posted my review of B.B. King's new album, so here's a recap of the #1 albums of the past four years I've been doing this.

2001: Travis- The Invisible Band

2002: Tie between Paul McCartney's Back In The U.S. and Oasis's Heathen Chemistry

2003: South- With The Tides

2004: Neil Young- Greatest Hits

And in the running for the 2005 Top Ten list are...

Kasabian-Kasabian

The Coral- The Invisible Invasion

B.B. King- 80

Paul McCartney- Chaos And Creation In The Backyard

The Rolling Stones-A Bigger Bang

Bob Dylan-No Direction Home

Neil Young-Prairie Wind

Oasis-Don't Believe The Truth

Kaiser Chiefs-Employment

Doves-Some Cities

X&Y-Coldplay

Demon Days-Gorillaz

Stories Of A Stranger-O.A.R.

In Between Dreams-Jack Johnson

Guero-Beck

As Is Now-Paul Weller

Get Behind Me Satan-The White Stripes

Edited by Ender: Because I'm Talented

Tsl

The Beck album? Seriously?

Ender

Yeah. I'm a big Beck fan, but don't count on it making the Top Ten. It's not nearly as good as his old stuff.

Tsl

That's what I meant. It wasn't exactly his best stuff.

Uncle Du

It's so hard to really decide when Beck was at the top of his game. :p

Andy

Kasabian? That album was over a year ago. I thought htis was 2005 :p

Ender

Well, it came out in the U.S. in March of this year. So :p

Andy

Oh really? Wow, I got that album beginning of Sept 2004, lol

Ender

They didn't really get known over here for a while after that, so yeah.

Uncle Du

OK, so I just found out that The Rock is going to be in Spy hunter, due out next year. I am going to have to give this an A+ right now, because I know it's gonna be sweet!

Alexander

Its against the law to put "The Rock" and "sweet" in the same sentence. I hope you have a good lawyer.

Uncle Du

We have a great team put together, we will win the day. :p

Alexander

The gloves don't fit, you must acquit!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.