Princess 35 Posted May 23, 2009 Honestly, Chelios is a great defensemen and is a good stabilizing influence but he is 47 years old. It's harder for him to keep up with the youngsters. He's a good mentor for the younger defensemen. And he does have back problems. Du, I'll be buying you a Stanley Cup Champions shirt this season when the Wings win. And how the hell does a goal count when the net is off?! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 23, 2009 Ouch. What a hit on Havlat. Don't put your head down kiddies... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 23, 2009 (edited) WTF?! That hit wasn't worth a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. Havlat put his head down right as Kromwall was about to hit him as Havlat was about to touch the puck. Double minor maybe but Havlat had his head down and it's not our fault that his head cracked hard against the ice. Edited May 23, 2009 by Princess Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 23, 2009 Ha! Even the versus announcers agree with me. Oh what the hell, the Wings have had a double minor, a 5 minute major and as soon as the 5 minute major expired, like to the second, they get another penalty call. What the hell is going on here? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 23, 2009 Prin, they're trying to make sure that the Wings don't sweep the conference championship, duh. Hey, DU, I've been wondering... what are your thoughts on the rumors of Roy coaching the Avs? I think it's cool to think about, but it will never happen. Granato isn't out (as of right now), though I think he should be. I think everyone from assistant coach to GM shoulda been replaced, but that's just me. I honestly don't think that Patrick would come outta retirement to take a team that has been systematically dismantled. We need a completely new team. I mean come on, we have won the Cup this decade. And just because he's the greatest goalie of all time, doesn't mean he would take the Avs and waltz them right into the finals. Hell, he could end up being a horrible NHL coach. But we'll never know. Honestly, Chelios is a great defensemen and is a good stabilizing influence but he is 47 years old. It's harder for him to keep up with the youngsters. He's a good mentor for the younger defensemen. And he does have back problems. Du, I'll be buying you a Stanley Cup Champions shirt this season when the Wings win. So he's old, he should still be starting. Lidstrom is ewokin old too. Chelios can still perform. And he's pretty damn healthy for a 47 year old. And I'll be burning said shirt at the start of next season. :D Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 23, 2009 They need to not decide these games by the reffing. Did you like the angry text message? And that's fine. As long as you invite me to the bonfire. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 23, 2009 I just noticed the text a little bit ago. The Lady was givin' me a pedicure. Since I'm wearing flippy floppies now. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 23, 2009 You're thuch a thexy thailor dear Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 23, 2009 Woohoo! the goal gap is only one goal now Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 23, 2009 Meh, I'm bored of hockey. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 23, 2009 (edited) Holy, triple postings, Batman. We have an edit button. Hey, DU, I've been wondering... what are your thoughts on the rumors of Roy coaching the Avs? I think it's cool to think about, but it will never happen. Granato isn't out (as of right now), though I think he should be. I think everyone from assistant coach to GM shoulda been replaced, but that's just me. I honestly don't think that Patrick would come outta retirement to take a team that has been systematically dismantled. We need a completely new team. I mean come on, we have won the Cup this decade. And just because he's the greatest goalie of all time, doesn't mean he would take the Avs and waltz them right into the finals. Hell, he could end up being a horrible NHL coach. But we'll never know. Hahaha... true, true... Meh, I'm bored of hockey. Bored of hockey? That's what my dad said... until the playoffs started. Ugh.... I'm sure he's gonna ask us for another hat this year, if they win. He asked for his birthday and Christmas last year, and my sister and I were like, no way in hell are we gonna purchase something related to that team. :p Edited May 23, 2009 by Mara Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 23, 2009 I'm bored with it cause I'm sick of the crappy reffing, and my team ain't in it. This season won't seem to end. The sooner it does, the sooner fantasy football starts, with a fresh hockey season right behind it. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 23, 2009 No, each seperate post was necessary to fully express my displeasure. Same thing happened on facebook. I'm blind! I'm deaf! I wanna be a ref! A rope! A tree! Hang the referee! A bullet! A gun! Hang the other one! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 23, 2009 So, now, how much you wanna bet that the 'Canes win tonight? Seriously. It's gonna happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see each series go to 7 games, just to have the same two teams there in the end any way. Bulls***. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
James the Defender 7 Posted May 23, 2009 I don't normally watch basketball, but last night's game between the Magic and the Cavs in the last minute was PHENOMINEL! Especially the last second shot by LeBron James! It was incredible! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 24, 2009 Yea, I never watch basketball, but I will tell you this: if the Nuggets win the West, I am getting a Western Conf. Championship shirt. And if we win it all, then I will definitely invest in a hat or something. Cause I mean, I need to be happy that Denver has a team that can do something...even if it is the sport that competes with hockey. And I am really sorry I was wrong about the game tonight. Dammit Mara, what happened to the team that shut up Boston?!?! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 25, 2009 I think that Chicago needs a new penalty box door after today's game. 6-1 win for Detroit. Series ends on Wendesday Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 25, 2009 Gah, September won't get here fast enough. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 26, 2009 Quenneville fined by NHL Okay, there were some weak calls that game, however, Chicago was completely out of control that game and was out to hurt Detroit. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 26, 2009 I'm bored with it cause I'm sick of the crappy reffing, and my team ain't in it. This season won't seem to end. The sooner it does, the sooner fantasy football starts, with a fresh hockey season right behind it. It's partly due to the insane TV scheduling of these series. Gah. Three days between games. So, now, how much you wanna bet that the 'Canes win tonight? Seriously. It's gonna happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see each series go to 7 games, just to have the same two teams there in the end any way. Bulls***. Game 3 was utterly painful to watch. I'm beginning to wonder if someone kidnapped the real 'Canes and replaced them with a high school team. Our defense is nonexistent, which just makes it a lot harder on Ward. Plus, Eric is in a mini slump. Argh. I don't have positive feelings for Game 4 tonight. (Though, ironically, I had a dream last night where they won 10-5... ha. ) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 26, 2009 Quenneville fined by NHL Okay, there were some weak calls that game, however, Chicago was completely out of control that game and was out to hurt Detroit. That fine is utter bulls***. Just goes to show what will happen when someone stands up and speaks out against bettman's officials. And come on Prin, fav team aside, you know your team has done that too, especially when they're the underdogs. There isn't one team in the league that isn't guilty of it. And it's the playoffs, this is to be expected. And you did just fine without Lidstrom and Datsyuk, so quit your b****in'. It's partly due to the insane TV scheduling of these series. Gah. Three days between games. Game 3 was utterly painful to watch. I'm beginning to wonder if someone kidnapped the real 'Canes and replaced them with a high school team. Our defense is nonexistent, which just makes it a lot harder on Ward. Plus, Eric is in a mini slump. Argh. I don't have positive feelings for Game 4 tonight. (Though, ironically, I had a dream last night where they won 10-5... ha. ) Yea, I don't get the scheduling. It seems like they wanna just continue to draw out the playoffs so the NHL doesn't finish before the NBA. I haven't been watching, but from the game recaps, it definitely seems like the 'Canes are a different team from last round. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Princess 35 Posted May 26, 2009 And come on Prin, fav team aside, you know your team has done that too, especially when they're the underdogs. There isn't one team in the league that isn't guilty of it. And it's the playoffs, this is to be expected. And you did just fine without Lidstrom and Datsyuk, so quit your b****in'. All the teams du it. It's just sad. Let's get the level of sportsmanship back up and stop all the cheap shots after the whistles and crap Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Mara 29 Posted May 26, 2009 It's partly due to the insane TV scheduling of these series. Gah. Three days between games. Game 3 was utterly painful to watch. I'm beginning to wonder if someone kidnapped the real 'Canes and replaced them with a high school team. Our defense is nonexistent, which just makes it a lot harder on Ward. Plus, Eric is in a mini slump. Argh. I don't have positive feelings for Game 4 tonight. (Though, ironically, I had a dream last night where they won 10-5... ha. ) Yea, I don't get the scheduling. It seems like they wanna just continue to draw out the playoffs so the NHL doesn't finish before the NBA. I haven't been watching, but from the game recaps, it definitely seems like the 'Canes are a different team from last round. The article I read said it was because NBC wants to make sure the finals are on the weekend(s), for ratings. But I saw something that said they might change it or something. As far as I know, the finals start on June 5th. So if these series end tonight/tomorrow... that would be a lot of lag time. Hopefully they move the games up a week. Yeah, just from watching Game 3... I was like....who are these guys impersonating my 'Canes? lol I just hope Eric can get a goal. We're 7-0 in the playoffs when he scores, and 1-9 when he doesn't. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Uncle Du 22 Posted May 27, 2009 All the teams du it. It's just sad. Let's get the level of sportsmanship back up and stop all the cheap shots after the whistles and crap My Dear, that has happened since this game began. Hell, it was even worse back then. A "cheap" shot now was an every game occurrence then. We are talking about a game where fights used to be fought with sticks and helmets were never used. And really, all the cool stuff generally happens after the whistle. You can't really tell me that you get mad when you guys score, then get into a scrum afterwards. And dammit Mara, that's the last time I'm taking your side. Weak ass 'Canes. :p Share this post Link to post Share on other sites