Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Recommended Posts

boroty

I can't wait for this years World Cup. It is going to be very fun to watch. Although USA lost to Morocco in an exhibition game :( . Anyways, I was just wondering if there are any other soccer fans here and if they are going to watch the World Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darth Paladin

I don't follow it as closely as I used to, but I still watch all the really big games and I'm definately watching all the England games this World Cup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy

I was never really into football, so I'll be avoiding the TV for a while lol. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope

it's soccer, not football :p :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy

No, it's football.

Hence why it is called the FIFA World Cup, FIFA meaning "Federation Internationale de Football Association"

Just face up to your wrongness. :p ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris/Tauntaun13

It's football, not soccer :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boroty

You are all wrong.

In AMERICA it's soccer.Everwhere else its football.

And I can't believe you guys are from the U.K. and aren't going crazy over this.I read the English newspaper once and there was soccer everywhere! Here in America all you see is football(American) in the paper, never soccer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brumak

I wish soccer was more popular here...it's about the only sport I like to watch besides hockey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

W00000000000t! WORLD CUP TIIIIIIME!!!

I'll be watching every England and US game, and hoping for Brazil's demise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy

You are all wrong.

In AMERICA it's soccer.Everwhere else its football.

And I can't believe you guys are from the U.K. and aren't going crazy over this.I read the English newspaper once and there was soccer everywhere! Here in America all you see is football(American) in the paper, never soccer.

Well football is the main sport over here, I just don't like sport so I won't go crazy over it anyway :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

lol we all know the difference, we just like to make fun of it :p (Or atleast I do)

I have bets on the pools, will probably watch the US Pool games (US and Korea) maybe some of the other big name games (Brazil, England, France) depends on how much TV ill watch :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neil1

Brazil will run away with the comeptition. The likes of Ronaldinho, Kaka, Kerlon, Robinho, Lucio, Carlos, Cafu, J. PERNAMBUCANO, Adriano and Ronaldo are too much. No other squad has that number of World Class players.

Spain, the Netherlands and the Czech republic all have good odds and can possibly win it.

There's no point wasting money on England. :(

Serbia & Montenergo were excellent in the qualifiers. And the CIV could are certain dark horses.

And then there's Mexico. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

You are all wrong.

In AMERICA it's soccer.Everwhere else its football.

We know this dude, we're just kidding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

Bah. Brazil has no defense. If a team has a good enough defense, they can get it down the other end and score easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

lol I'm siding with Neil more on this one. Brazil seems like the superior team. But i'm gonna root for Mexico lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boroty

You are all wrong.

In AMERICA it's soccer.Everwhere else its football.

We know this dude, we're just kidding.

My sarcasm hates you.

Anyways, I'm hoping USA does well, but I dont think it's going to happen.

Edited by boroty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

hmm i have them not getting out of pool play lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neil1

Brazil do have a great defence - Cris has had a great season and Lucio is one of the world's finest. Regardless, they hold the ball too well to ever be counter-attacked.

Counter-attacks don't seem to work to well against a team who play great foobtall. Arsenal Vs. Barca for example.

Edited by Neil1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boroty

well that was....difficult... to read. but if im reading you right then what you are saying makes sense because it is impossible to score if the other team has possesion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

lol well as the saying goes, sometimes the best defense is a great offense. If you keep controlling/scoring, you don't have to worry that you have a weak defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest norman the conqueror

Aha! :rofl:

From what I have read on this thread it would appear that there are some rebellious colonists who do not know that there is only one game called FOOTBALL.

All other games purporting to call themselves by this name are not the true games.

I shall consult with my Generals in order to see if it is worth my invading. correcting, and putting to the sword all unbelievers who do not know the true meaning of FOOTBALL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

lol oh noes...A conquerer who listens to his generals...gosh, SOCCER world as we know it is in trouble :p

But let's be honest...Football is Football is Football is Football is Football no matter where you go in the world.

Edited by GI_Admiral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Sounds like that Gatorade commercial...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

lol I tried to base it off that :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope

bah. rugby's so much cooler than American football. American football is for wimps. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.