Disney and Lucasfilm have issued an announcement confirming returning and new cast members for the next Star Wars movie.
The big day has come at last where we finally get a look at the cast list for Star Wars Episode VII! The list was announced on the official Star Wars website today and confirms several returning cast members alongside some new faces to the Star Wars saga, with this quote from director JJ Abrams:
"We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."
Confirmed returning cast:
- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker.
- Harrison Ford as Han Solo.
- Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa.
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO.
- Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca.
- Kenny Baker as R2-D2.
Confirmed new actors:
- John Boyega, 22 year old British actor best known for Attack the Block.
- Adam Driver, best known as Adam Sackler from HBO's Girls.
- Oscar Isaac, 35 year old American actor and singer.
- Andy Serkis, who famously portrayed Gollum in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies.
- Domhnall Gleeson, the Irish actor who played Bill Weasley in the Harry Potter series.
- Daisy Ridley, a fairly unknown young actress who has appeared in several British television shows.
- Max von Sydow, a Swedish actor with a film career stretching back to the 1940s.
What are your thoughts on the casting? Any ideas on who each actor could be playing?