Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

Our War Against the Trekkie Abominations contiues!

Princess

AAHHHH Most of my family, on my dad's side, wants to go see the new Trekkie movie. AGGHHHHHH!!!!

Pandora

Poor Princess!

Drake, please don't start

Drake

*is confused*

I don't remember doing anything but...I'll shut up now.

Link

Pod I'm gonna stick my nose where it doesn't belong but uh, you need to cut him some slack. He's leaving you alone

Pandora

Don't worry about it Link. I'm really trying to like him.

Master MJade

that person needs to update the movie lest there's 9 with 2 up coming movies!

Ana

And some of the things repeat many times, over and over and over.

Princess

Pretty good Sticks.

Master MJade

i printed and read them and some were just stupid

Drake

1. A Trekkies hero is some pansy running around in pastel spandex.

- You mean "some multi-millionaire pansy..."

2. Ships in star wars actually have modifications.

- Hmm...let's list them. a) The Millenium Falcon...and it's all modifications.

3. Gene Roddenbery has also created a crap TV series called Earth: The Final Conflict that gets worse ratings than UPN. George has also created the blockbuster Ammerican Graffiti.

- Gene wrote the idea for the show but thought it was crap so he shoved it away somewhere. His wife found it and made the show then slapped his name on it. (btw...this show has nothing to do with ST)

4. Picard dodges asteroids. Vader blows them up.

- Picard conserves energy...it's good for the environment. :wink:

5. Star Trek has Cptn. Janeway. Star Wars has Princess Leia.

- You're point being?

6. Star Trek has one language. Star Wars has over 6 million.

- Trek has a multitude of languages. We hear them in English because of a little tool called a "Universal Translator" that is implanted into the brains of all Starfleet officers.

7. Two words: Boba Fett.

- Two words: You're point?

8. Remind me again who can kill someone with a mere hand motion.

- Q

9. The Super Star Destroyer Eclipse is 30 times bigger than the enterprise.

- Pulling things from the EU are we? Must be getting desperate...

10. Star Trek Officers have to ask for permission to fire.

- Ever heard of "chain of command"?

I'll continue this later when I have the time...

Drake

*keels over laughing as he continues reading*

darthraptor52

lol, some of those are pretty stupid. I don't like it because I simply don't like the whole idea. (Starfleet and Tresking accross the galaxy) I prefer Star Wars with The Jedi and the Wars...basicly.

Drake

11. Where's the alternative song dedicated to Troi? Blink 182 made the song "A New Hope" dedicated to Princess Leia!

- Cool! I'll have to download it sometime...

12. Weird Al wrote the song Yoda, what song is out there about Q, let alone written by Weird Al!

- Yeah he also wrote "Star Trek Rhapsody"...funny stuff that one is.

13. Frank Oz of the muppets was in Star Wars. Star Trek couldn't even get Frank Oz's Latin American equal if they wanted to!

- And ST would want a kriffing puppet...why? Theyv'e had CGI for years now.

14. There is a category in Yahoo! titled Anti-Star Trek!

- If you look I'm sure you'll find many anti-star wars categories as well.

15. Let's look at the actors that came out of both series: Out of Star Trek came William Shatner, and Patrick Stewart. Out of Star Wars came Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, James Earl Jones, SIR Alec Guiness and Peter Cushing!

- Heh...do you mean the same Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher who were last seen in Jay and Silent Bob Strick Back?

- Actors that were on Star Trek that made it big soon after: Kirstie Alley, Kirsten Dunst, LeVar Burton (yay Reading Rainbow!), Whoopie Goldberg, Clint Howard, James Cromwell, John de Lancie, Kelsey Grammer, Dr. Stephen Hawking, Ashley Judd, Eddie Murphy, Dean Stockwell, Scott Bakula (Quantum Leap!!).........by now you've probably tuned out so I'll move on to the next one.

16. Star Trek could never get a good music composer, so they changed periodically, finally ending up with Jerry Goldsmith, a mediocre composer with a couple of movies below his belt. Star Wars has always had John Williams, a music GOD who is also one of the most respected music composers that has ever graced god's green earth and has composed over 120 projects to date!

- Cool.

17. Gene Rodenberry, the creator of Star Trek, is right now cremated flying around in space in a little pod. George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, is still out there making more Star Wars films!

- Ok...that was just low. Seriously, making fun of a dead person? That's just sick.

18. Star Trek changes special FX companies every once and a while because they are never happy with them. Star Wars launched their own special FX company, ILM, which is grown to be a HUGE success, not to mention another FX company started by Lucas, THX, also a huge company!

- I'll have to give that one to ya...ST is now getting it's effects done by ILM.

19. The games Star Wars have had are Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, all for Nintendo; Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back, Super Return of the Jedi, all for Super Nintendo; Shadows of the Empire, for N64; Masters of Teras Kasi, for Playstation; and Dark Forces, Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter, Star Wars Monopoly, and Yoda Stories, all for the computer! Star Trek has Star Fleet Academy, and a couple other CD-ROM's for information purposes only!

- Do a little research and you'll find out that there are many ST games. Good ones too. (Armada, Armada II, Starfleet Command I, II and III, Klingon Academy, Dominion Wars, Bridge Commander, Elite Force I & II, Away Team, New Worlds...)

20. When's the last time anyone from Star Trek has even been ON MTV? Chewbacca is the 1997 MTV Lifetime Achievement Award Winner!!!!!!!!!

- You got a point, but why would anyone want to go on that crappy station?

Stay tuned later for when I prove that pathetic website wrong...again!

Pandora

Sure, Drake, you're entitled to your opinion, but. *rolls eyes and ignores him comepletely* Why he thinks that's a wise thing to post on a STAR WARS ONLY site is beyond me *contemplates deleting all his efforts*

Drake

You can delete it if you want to. I wasn't dissing Star Wars, I was only trying to get through people's extreme biases to show them the truth.

It's rather difficult for me being a Trek-Wars hybrid, having friends beyond both sides of the spectrum...forget it. You guys won't understand...or care.

Pandora

Well, Drake, you're entitled to your opinion, and so are we.

Drake

I agree.

Flashback-1984

Yeah my opnion is.... CENSORED....CENSORED....CENSORED... thats the way i think about STar Trek....

Pandora

*slaps Flash five* Way to go! At least it was you had the will power to censour yourself!

Link

*loses it and blasts Star Trek* ooops

Master MJade

i understand cuz i feel the same way.

*shuts up b/c she doesn't want to argue right now*

Link

*looks at her sideways*

Sticks

Ya have to admit though that some of those were pretty good reasons.

Master MJade

its my party and i'll cry if i want

cry if i want to

you would cry to if it happened