Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Daala

do u think anakin will come back? (spoiler)

Corran Horn

If fans can't get over it, than in my opinion there not realy fans. Because they sould agree with the Lucas team. People that aren't exeream in that degree are ST fans, the people that agree with the writers. But that is my opinion.

Andy

Well I wouldn't go as far as saying they aren't really fans...

Master MJade

Corran's post confused me... please tel me what he said!

Andy

I took it to mean that you aren't a real fan if you don't accept what you read.

Admiral Daala

:nutty: hmm well i emailed to Del Rey Company

i asked if anakin would be killed and they said no and yes they said it was the truth one week later i read Star By Star and Anakin was killed so im just upset with Del Rey. ah well i still think Timothy Zahn should write the last NJO book. In my opoine (sp) of course.

Andy

The last book will be by James Luceno. He's a good enough author, so I think he can pull it off.

Admiral Daala

:multi: ive never read any of his books before

Andy

Try

Cloak of Deception - based before Episode I

Agents of Chaos I and II - New Jedi Order

Corran Horn

I think James Luceno is a pretty cool writer. And when I posted that other post, my point was that it is just a book( Kinda like a game, you like thoughs people that have to win, do you realy whana play with them? It's the same thing with the fanatics.)

Master MJade

they're going to die. its just a question of when and how

Admiral Daala

i think his death was written very baldly like to me it was just a jawa killing (gosh who would think of that?) if it was a movie i can hear the music in my head and in a lightsaber fight with one of the dark jedi :rocol:

Andy

I don't think Anakin's death was badly written...

...his funeral however, is another matter....

Admiral Daala

well his death was bad, but the furneral was really bad. Why on Hapes?

Andy

I thought his death was well written, but the funeral wasn't what I expected. The location of Hapes was simply because that was where they were, and you can't really carry a dead body around a galaxy full of aliens for long.

Admiral Daala

true

TheUnknown

Anakin is my favorite character, so I want him to come back. And I'm really getting sick of the following arguments against it:

"The official thisses or thats have so it won't happen."

Anyone else think it would be incredibly stupid to give away something as big as that. Wouldn't it make more sense to leave people guessing? To me, it's like putting this on the cover of SBS: "Anakin, Borsk, Jovan, Bela, Krasov, Eryl, and Ulaha all die. Raynar disappears and is probably dead. Jaina goes to the Dark Side. Jacen disappears and is feared dead but is really being trained by Vergere, who is really a Jedi. Coruscant is captured. Leia loses it. The voxyn are ugly." Furthermore, I have never seen an official link to this claim provided.

"The fans aren't in control of Del Rey's decisions."

Say what? Newsflash: we the fans put money in the pockets of Lucas, Del Rey, Stackpole, Salvatore, and everyone else involved in this series. If we're not happy, they don't eat. And the reason the NJO is different from other SW books is because the FANS got bored with the other stuff.

"It's not possible..."

Says who? Keep in mind, we're talking about a series where faster-than-light travel and flames in space are possible, where an energy field controls everything. Don't limit the Force, Anakin, or the SW just because you're not creative enough.

"It would cheapen his death."

Anakin's death cheapened a lot of things: Ikrit's sacrifice, Anakin's budding romance, all that character development. Bringing him back to life would undue this.

Andy

Anakin is my favourite character too, but I am one of those people who thinks that he should be left dead.

I think that bringing someone back to life is going to far, maybe in Dark Journey, before they cremated his body it could have been done, but not now.

And in one of the best scenes in the NJO, in my opinion, is in Traitor, when Jacen is having that conversation with Anakin.

I'm not saying that I like the idea of Anakin being dead, I just like the idea of him coming back to life, even less.

There was the idea that his spirit had become trapped in the lambent crystal that he used in his lightsaber, but Ganner had that when he died, so that idea can be discounted also.

If it can be done convincingly, then go for it. But if it's too far fetched then it'll just be stupid.

Admiral Daala

well if they brought Callista back to live what were they thinkning then? but then again someone had to sacfrice (sp) someones body but umm Cray was like going insane or something like that so who would sacfirce (sp) theirs? maybe Zekk cause he might get all upset about Jaina/Jag thing so everything is all confusing right know but who knows what could happen?

Rogue

You have to remember...his body wasn't recognizable...it could have been raynar's body for all you know

TheUnknown

I don't think Raynar is dead, either.

Andy

Who's body wasn't recognisable?

Admiral Daala

Anakin's

CorSec

I think Anikan is dead..Dead for good...They wouldnt disrespect his memory by brining him back.

Corran Horn

I'm not going to post anything here cause Anakins death is really getting anoying. So I refuse to reply For or Against. The only thing I will say is that the writers most likely had a reason for the death of Anakink, like they wanted the Jedi Dynasty to continue through Ben then Anakin. But that is all I will say.

Admiral Daala

You just did post.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.