• Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

The Mandalorian

Mara

All to be on Disney's new streaming service, lol.  Along with other shows and movies produced specifically for it.

But I'm excited nonetheless. A live-action show has been in the works on and off for several years.  I wonder what time period they will go with. I'm hoping for something post-ROTS, pre-ANH.

Andy

Yeah, I'm not sure why studios think that everybody want to sign up to 370 different streaming services, but never mind, lol :p

Mara

Nope... Disney will probably get my money on a monthly basis. :p

Andy

So yeah, the new live action TV show was announced recently.

Sadly it's only going to be on Disney Play or whatever their silly platform is called. Will definitely have to subscribe to that and not find some other way around it... 🤔

I put a bit of an article up here with some of the known details, I'll try and add more as I find out about it but keeping on top of things is hard, lol

TheUnknown

Interesting

Mara

Do we know that it's Legends and not canon? I assumed it would be canon...

But anyway, yes, it looks like it could be pretty cool.  But I'm a sucker for more Post-Episode 6/Pre-Episode 7 stuff.

And I'll be subscribing to the Disney streaming service anyway to watch the rest of Clone Wars. :D

Andy

I don't know what you mean *quietly moves thread to correct forum*

TheUnknown

So Oberyn Martell is going to be in it?  That's awesome. 

Andy

Looking forward to this, although I'm not sure how I'm going to watch it yet. Hopefully it gets a Blu-ray release eventually.

Mara

Trailer to drop tomorrow at D23!

Andy

Yeah, hopefully I see it quickly so can post an article. 🙃

Mara

Woot woot!

Looks good!

Doesn't reveal too much which is good.

Andy

Yeah I know, it looks good. They've still not announced a release date for the UK yet. Surely they know that people aren't going to wait for the official channels to become available? When HBO realised that people couldn't wait a day for Game of Thrones they started having it aired at the same time over here, even though it was at 2am or something like that.

Mara

Strange.

Is Disney + going to be available internationally or will it be on some other service for you guys?

Andy

They literally haven't said anything at all as far as I know. 😕

Mara

Mara

2 weeks is a long time! Ahh!

Andy

So, how was it?

Disney+ doesn't launch until March 2020 here, and I'm currently in the prices of moving so don't have my property Internet set up to find an... alternative source.

TheUnknown

I also haven't watched it yet as I don't have the money for Disney Plus (Hell, at this point, I don't have the money for electricity and propane).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• The Mandalorian official second trailer

The second official trailer for The Mandalorian has landed, and the hype continues to build as we see new scenes, creatures and ships that make the new Star Wars TV show look every bit a part of the Star Wars universe. 
      Werner Herzog's character's monologue provides the background for this trailer, with Pedro Pascal's finally speaking the first words we have heard from the titular Mandalorian.

The Mandalorian will be available to DIsney+ subscribers on 12 November 2019.
      Yeah? Good.
    • The first official trailer for The Mandalorian is here!

After what seems like an eternity of waiting, the first official trailer for The Mandalorian is here. It has been almost 15 years since fans were first promised a live-action Star Wars TV show, and this new show from Jon Favreau looks set to fulfil the bargain when it launches along with Disney+ this November.
      The trailer was revealed at the D23, and confirms previously speculated details, such as the shows setting between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. While the Mandalorian remains his silent mysterious self, we do see a few snippets of action, including firefight with IG-11, a new character based on everybody's favourite assassin-droid-turned-bounty-hunter IG-88.
      The Mandalorian stars Pedro Pascal as the titular Mandalorian, supported by MMA fighter and actress Gina Carano as Cara Dune, Carl Weathers as Greef, as well as a host of other famed actors. 
      Ming-Na Wen (Mulan, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD) has also been added to the list of cast, after being announced by Disney chief Bob Iger. Wen has had her eye on a role in Star Wars for a while now, but it is still unknown what role she will play in The Mandalorian.
    • The Mandalorian

The Mandalorian is a TV series set after the fall of the Empire, featuring an all-new cast of characters. It was announced by Disney CEO Bob Iger in November 2017, and will air on the new streaming service Disney+ in late 2019.
      The first series will have 8 episodes, and a second series is in production.
    • Boba Fett TV show heading for Disney+?

An "insider" has reportedly informed We Got This Covered that there is a Boba Fett TV show being developed for Disney+. Further rumours surrounding the project infer that Ewan McGregor would reprise his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi for this series. 
      As with all rumours we are taking this with a hefty pinch of salt, after all Disney are already working on The Mandalorian which will launch with Disney+ in November this year. Those of us who have been around the rumour mill for a while might remember the whisperings of a young Boba Fett appearing in the ultimately cancelled Star Wars Underworld project. At that time Daniel Logan was apparently set to reprise his role of the up and coming bounty hunter, but Logan is now in his 30s.
      In October 2018 it was reported that a Boba Fett anthology film had been shelved due to the "poor box office performance" of Solo.
      Is there room for a Boba Fett TV show as well as The Mandalorian? I'm not sure there is. It's entirely possible that these rumours are actually leaks from The Mandalorian, given the similar premise, but like a lot of rumours it is also likely that it could just be wishful thinking on the part of the fandom.
    • The Mandolorian live action TV show revealed

The Mandalorian has been revealed as the first live-action Star Wars television series, and is now currently in production by Lucasfilm. It will be released exclusivley via Disney's own streaming service.
      The Mandalorian is set three years after the events of Return of the Jedi and the apparent death of the infamous Mandalorian bounty hunter, Boba Fett. Through the series we will follow the exploits of a lone gunfighter in the outer rim of the galaxy, far from the centre of power of the fledgling New Republic.
      The series will be written and executive produced by Jon Favreau, director of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 Marvel movies. He is no stranger to Star Wars, having lent his voice to characters in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Solo: A Star Wars Story.
      Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) will be directing the first episode, with other announced episode direcots including Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). 
      Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson join Jon Favreau as executive producers, and Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.