Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Episode VII cast revealed!

Andy

Disney and Lucasfilm have issued an announcement confirming returning and new cast members for the next Star Wars movie.The big day has come at last where we finally get a look at the cast list for Star Wars Episode VII! The list was announced on the official Star Wars website today and confirms several returning cast members alongside some new faces to the Star Wars saga, with this quote from director JJ Abrams:

"We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Confirmed returning cast:

• Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker.
  • Harrison Ford as Han Solo.
  • Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa.
  • Anthony Daniels as C-3PO.
  • Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca.
  • Kenny Baker as R2-D2.
Confirmed new actors:
  • John Boyega, 22 year old British actor best known for Attack the Block.
  • Adam Driver, best known as Adam Sackler from HBO's Girls.
  • Oscar Isaac, 35 year old American actor and singer.
  • Andy Serkis, who famously portrayed Gollum in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies.
  • Domhnall Gleeson, the Irish actor who played Bill Weasley in the Harry Potter series.
  • Daisy Ridley, a fairly unknown young actress who has appeared in several British television shows.
  • Max von Sydow, a Swedish actor with a film career stretching back to the 1940s.
What are your thoughts on the casting? Any ideas on who each actor could be playing?

Click here to view the article

Andy

Sorry Mara... In attempting to merge your post with my article that I posted at about the same time, I inadvertently messed both threads up and had to hack them about in the database to fix it. Sorry! :( 

On a plus though: confirmed cast list, woo!

Drake

I'm eternally pessimistic about this movie. To be honest, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher haven't done much in the way of acting,.aside from bit parts and voice-overs, so I'm worried that it's just going to turn into a goofy family reunion with the occasional rehashed old joke.

I can't say much about the new cast except for Serkis. I'm concerned that he'll end up in a potentially silly mo-cap role.

Then there's J.J. Abrams. Camera shake and lens flares. All I'm gonna say.

I hate to say it but George Lucas may have been the lesser of two evils. We'll see though. 

Andy

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

But seriously, I am a little worried about the film too, but I'm sure we'll hear more in time.

Mara

Sorry Mara... In attempting to merge your post with my article that I posted at about the same time, I inadvertently messed both threads up and had to hack them about in the database to fix it. Sorry! :(

S'okay. Yours is better organized anyway, lol.

As for the cast, I've seen it reported elsewhere that Driver is rumored to be playing a Vader-esque villain, and that  Boyega will be some sort of lead role. Maybe a young Jedi?

And people are speculating that this Daisy might be a daughter of Han/Leia.

The rest... I'm not really sure. Especially van Sydow.

I am kind of curious whether Andy Serkis will be playing himself, or a CGI creation (like Gollum) of an alien species or something.

Mara

Found an article on joblo.com where they have images and a brief description of all the newcomers to the cast: Meet the Cast

All in one place, so you don't have to Google, lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.