Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Random Poll - Web browsers

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Andy

I'm a Chrome fan, myself. :D

Jake Durron

Chrome or Safari depends on which pulls up faster.

Ayingel

I usually use Chrome, but there are some things that run better in Firefox.

Mara

Firefox. At work I'm still on v3, but at home I've got v4. :p

So I guess I use an 'older' version of Firefox the most. Too lazy to upgrade.

Sin

Chrome unless I am using the iPad then its safari

Ayingel

Oh right...I do that too!

Pandora

Yeah. I'm the dino that still uses IE.

Andy

Yeah. I'm the dino that still uses IE.

*pats* There, there.

If it's IE9 then I can let you off, though. ;)

Edited by beeurd

Pandora

Hell if I know. It's a new computer, so probably.

Radioactive Isotope

I hate IE 9. Not sure if I like Firefox 4 either.

Andy

I may hate IE, but IE9 is the most standards compliant version. There is a lot of HTML/CSS that older IE versions just completely ignore.

I've not tried Firefox 4 because I got so fed up of the Firefox being slow and buggy that I ditched it for Chrome.

Drake

Need a reason to get Chrome?

They've got Angry Birds.

Andy

Don't tell them that, D, it'll put them off!

I dislike that an unoriginal mediocre game has become so popular. :p

Radioactive Isotope

I dislike Google Chrome. :p

Andy

So's your face!

Mara

I hate IE 9. Not sure if I like Firefox 4 either.

Yeah, I'm still getting used to FF4. Luckily, I only use it at home, so it's not often. :p

Uncle Du

Safari for me, except when I have to log on to my company website, then I HAVE to use Firefox or IE. It's pretty lame.

James the Defender

I use FF4,, but I don't like it too much. But, I like FF better than anything else.

Uncle Du

So on the off chance that someone knows the answer to this, where is the file located for Safari bookmarks generally located? I'm trying to import my bookmarks into Chrome and I for the life of me, can't find it.

Bad furday

Typing in the Spotlight on my Mac shows that there's a Bookmarks folder containing bookmark files located at:

Library > Caches > Metadata > Safari > Bookmarks > and then there's alll these numbered files ending in .webbookmark

:)

Edited by Bad furday

Uncle Du

*goes to check it out...*

Heh. Well, apparently I was making it more complicated that it really is. There's actually an "Import Data from another Browser" option under preferences in Chrome.

Oh, and I had noticed that you said you had never gone back in your web history with a swipe on your track pad before. If you three finger swipe from right to left, it will take you back one page in your history. From left to right will take you forward one. I've fingered out a couple more nifty swipe shortcuts in the last couple days.

Bad furday

Fascinating...I had no idea!

Uncle Du

Yea. If you four finger swipe up, it will move all your active windows out of the way so you can see your desktop, and a four finger swipe down will pull all open windows, programs out, so you can see everything you have open. If you four finger swipe to the right, it will pull up an icon list of your active apps.

I was watching the keynote of the developers conference, and the new Mac OSX is coming out soon, called Lion. It's integrating some pretty awesome new UI's into it. And, full screen running of all apps. Web browsing looks SO clean in the OS.

Bad furday

It does! I've been keeping an eye on Lion- it's like they're trying to combine OS X and iOS (like in an iPhone, iPad) into one more comprehensive system. Which has actually had people wondering if eventually we'll see touch screen iMacs and Macbooks etc.

Uncle Du

Dude, I'm sure that touch screen MacBooks and iMacs are already passed R&D. They're just waiting for the appropriate time to release them lol. When they started making the touch screen Windows desktops, they were more gimmick than anything else. The thing Apple always seems to be able to do is to PROVE that technology like that is useful in an every day application. Say perhaps, you would be able to use your photoshop pen or whatever directly on your screen to edit photos and video alike. I would expect them to do something like that. Which would be awesome.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.