^Hal^ 1 Posted July 31, 2002 promise? um... yeah ok Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted July 31, 2002 i'm holding you to that. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted July 31, 2002 *kisses him* Since when do you ever listen to me? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Gav: Gone for good. 0 Posted July 31, 2002 hi GI *sip* Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
GI_Admiral 2 Posted July 31, 2002 A bit late there Jim Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Gav: Gone for good. 0 Posted July 31, 2002 hey i was trying to be considerate and not interrupt the two love-birds and who's jim? *whistles innocently* *sip* Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
^Hal^ 1 Posted July 31, 2002 So.... Gav is some kind of false name huh Jim. Ya see, we all use our real names here, not phony made up ones ;) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted July 31, 2002 No his name is.... well hell I can't say it right but I know what it is. He told me and it's not Gav or Jim Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
GI_Admiral 2 Posted August 1, 2002 His name is hard... It's (Censored by the authority of Gav Dark|ighter) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted August 1, 2002 I can spell it. It's (censored) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted August 1, 2002 Where were you when the world stopped turning that September day Out in the yard with your wife and children Working on some stage in LA Did you stand there in shock at the site of That black smoke rising against that blue sky Did you shout out in anger In fear for your neighbor Or did you just sit down and cry Did you weep for the children Who lost their dear loved ones And pray for the ones who don't know Did you rejoice for the people who walked from the rubble And sob for the ones left below Did you burst out in pride For the red white and blue The heroes who died just doing what they do Did you look up to heaven for some kind of answer And look at yourself to what really matters I'm just a singer of simple songs I'm not a real political man I watch CNN but I'm not sure I can tell you The difference in Iraq and Iran But I know Jesus and I talk to God And I remember this from when I was young Faith hope and love are some good things he gave us And the greatest is love Where were you when the world stopped turning that September day Teaching a class full of innocent children Driving down some cold interstate Did you feel guilty cause you're a survivor In a crowded room did you feel alone Did you call up your mother and tell her you love her Did you dust off that bible at home Did you open your eyes and hope it never happened Close your eyes and not go to sleep Did you notice the sunset the first time in ages Speak with some stranger on the street Did you lay down at night and think of tomorrow Go out and buy you a gun Did you turn off that violent old movie you're watching And turn on "I Love Lucy" reruns Did you go to a church and hold hands with some stranger Stand in line and give your own blood Did you just stay home and cling tight to your family Thank God you had somebody to love I'm just a singer of simple songs I'm not a real political man I watch CNN but I'm not sure I can tell you The difference in Iraq and Iran But I know Jesus and I talk to God And I remember this from when I was young Faith hope and love are some good things he gave us And the greatest is love I'm just a singer of simple songs I'm not a real political man I watch CNN but I'm not sure I can tell you The difference in Iraq and Iran But I know Jesus and I talk to God And I remember this from when I was young Faith hope and love are some good things he gave us And the greatest is love The greatest is love The greatest is love Where were you when the world stopped turning that September day Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Gav: Gone for good. 0 Posted August 1, 2002 what song's that? issit a 911 one? sounds nice and i'm chinese (by race) so i've got a chinese name..it's Laizheng but thought i'd make it easier for you guys by intro-ing myself as gav gav and jim are the names i use when i fill in forms on the net James Gavin Lai lol! *sip* Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted August 1, 2002 yeah it's for 9-11. I could spell it but I didn't know if you wanted your name broadcast to the world Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
^Hal^ 1 Posted August 1, 2002 Laizheng huh? I like it! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted August 1, 2002 yeah it has a nice ring to it Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
^Hal^ 1 Posted August 1, 2002 uh.. how's that pronounced Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted August 1, 2002 not sure if I say it right. Can't really tell you Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Gav: Gone for good. 0 Posted August 1, 2002 it's pronounced "LAI"-"ZHENG" lol chinese (mandarin, rather) names have a very literal pronounciation (like german) however, i don't think the "zh" sound is actually in the english language, so might be a little difficult.. *sip* Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
^Hal^ 1 Posted August 1, 2002 just try to explain the zh sound for us Gav. Whats it like? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted August 1, 2002 ok back to singing. *sings* Yeah I was always the crazy one broke into the stadium And I wrote your number on the 50 yard line You were always the perfect one and a valedictorian So under your number I wrote call for a good time I only wanted to get your attention You over looked me somehow Besides you had too many boyfriends to mention I played my guitar too loud Chorus: How do you like me now, how do you like me now Now that I'm on my way You still think I'm crazy standing here today I couldn't make you love me But I always dreamed about Living in your radio How do you like me now Then I took off to Tennessee I heard that you made fun of me Never imagined I'd make it this far Then you married in the money girl Ain't it a cruel and funny world He took your dreams and he tore them apart He never comes home you're always alone And your kids hear you cry down the hall Alarm clock starts ringin' who could that be singin' It's me baby with your wakeup call Repeat Chorus Twice Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Gav: Gone for good. 0 Posted August 1, 2002 what song's that? umm..the "zh" sound..hmm..well..clench your teeth and place your tongue along the roof of your mouth about midway..not let out air between your teeth..it's kinda like a mixture of a "ssssss" and a "tsk" okay i don't think that worked..but i tried *sip* Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Link 3 Posted August 1, 2002 How Do You Like Me Now by Toby Keith Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Gav: Gone for good. 0 Posted August 3, 2002 Faye Wong - Eyes On Me (Final Fantasy VIII) Whenever sang my songs, on the stage, on my own Whenever said my words, wishing they would be heard I saw you smiling at me, was it real or just my fantasy You'd always be there in the corner of this tiny little bar My last night here for you, same old songs, just once more My last night here with you, maybe yes, maybe no I kind of liked it your way, how you shyly placed your eyes on me Did you ever know that I had mine on you? Darling, so there you are, with that look on your face As if you're never hurt, as if you're never down Shall I be the one for you, who pinches you softly, but sure? If frown is shown then I will know you are no dreamer So let me come to you, close as I wanna be Close enough for me to feel your heart beating fast And stay there as I whisper how I love your peaceful eyes on me Did you ever know that I had mine on you? Darling, so share with me, your love if you have enough Your tears if you're holding back, or pain if that's what it is How can I let you know I'm more than the dress and the voice? Just reach me out then you will know you are not dreaming Darling, so there you are, with that look on your face As if you're never hurt, as if you're never down Shall I be the one for you, who pinches you softly, but sure? If frown is shown then I will know you are no dreamer Despite the grammer, a beautiful song from an awesome game. *sip* Share this post Link to post Share on other sites