Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Link

Karaoke Lounge

Recommended Posts

Gav: Gone for good.

Michael W. Smith - Friends

Packing up the dreams God planted

In the fertile soil of you

Can't believe the hopes He's granted

Means a chapter in your life is through

But we'll keep you close as always

It won't even seem you've gone

'Cause our hearts in big and small ways

Will keep the love that keeps us strong

And friends are friends forever

If the Lord's the Lord of them

And a friend will not say never

'Cause the welcome will not end

Though it's hard to let you go

In the Father's hands we know

That a lifetime's not too long to live as friends

With the faith and love God's given

Springing from the hope we know

We will pray the joy you've lived in

Is the strength that now you show

But we'll keep you close as always

It won't even seem you've gone

'Cause our hearts in big and small ways

Will keep the love that keeps us strong

(Yeah, yeah)

And friends are friends forever

If the Lord's the Lord of them

And a friend will not say never

'Cause the welcome will not end

Though it's hard to let you go

In the Father's hands we know

That a lifetime's not too long to live as friends

And friends are friends forever

If the Lord's the Lord of them

And a friend will not say never

'Cause the welcome will not end

Though it's hard to let you go

In the Father's hands we know

That a lifetime's not too long to live as friends

To live as friends

Though it's hard to let you go

In the Father's hands we know

That a lifetime's not too long to live as friends

No, a lifetime's not too long..

..to live as friends

*sip*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link

I never thought I'd hear that one again. They sang that at my 8 grade graduation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gav: Gone for good.

this place is just making me feel older and older all the time :p

*sip*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gav: Gone for good.

*feels decidedly patriotic*

*decides to sing one of his favourite Singapore songs*

Kit Chan - Home

Whenever I am feeling low, I look around me and I know

There's a place that will stay within me, wherever I may choose to go

I will always recall the city, know every street and shore

Sail down the river which brings us life, winding through my Singapore

This is Home, truly, where I know I must be

Where my dreams wait for me, where that river always flows

This is Home, surely, as my senses tell me

This is where I won't be alone

For this is where I know it's Home

When there are troubles to go through, we'll find a way to start a new

There is comfort in the knowledge that Home's about its people, too

So we'll build our dreams together, just like we've done before

Just like the river which brings us life, there'll always be Singapore

This is Home, truly, where I know I must be

Where my dreams wait for me, where that river always flows

This is Home, surely, as my senses tell me

This is where I won't be alone

For this is where I know it's Home

This is Home, truly, where I know I must be

Where my dreams wait for me, where that river always flows

This is Home, surely, as my senses tell me

This is where I won't be alone

For this is where I know it's Home

For this is where I know it's Home

For this is where I know..

..I'm Home

*sip*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link

Thats a nice song. Thanks to this thread I've downloaded more songs lately than ever before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

I've never even heard of most of these artists

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doc Ani Jade

I've heard of everything from 5 major genres, but none of these people...

Hey, guess what! a hick rock band! I actually found one...

Neutral Milk hotel, rapped country lyrics and an electric fiddle...(really, I swear im not kidding...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

haha, wow..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doc Ani Jade

*slaps forehead with heavy rock*

My sister just has to like it...somehow she can stand that and korn together... :-?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

I luv korn...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doc Ani Jade

incidentally so do I...i stole issues, follow the leader and untouchables from her...but yeah some things don't mix...

like boxcar racer/ the vines... :-?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

yea...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doc Ani Jade

anyways...im tootired to post the lyrics or actually play it, but here's to "hate to say i told you so", by the hives...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link

*sings One Boy One Girl*

He finally gave in to his friend's girlfriend

When she said "there's someone you should meet"

At a crowded restaurant way cross town

He waited impatiently

When she walked in their eyes met and they both stared

And right there and then everyone else disappeared, but

One boy, one girl, two hearts beating wildly

To put it mildly it was love at first sight

He smiled, she smiled, and they knew right away

This was the day they'd waited for all their lives

And for a moment the whole world

Revolved around one boy and one girl

In no time at all they were standing there

In the front of a little church

Among their friends and family

Repeating those sacred words

Preacher said, "son kiss your bride",

And he raised her veil

Like they night they met time just stood still

One boy, one girl, two hearts beating wildly

To put it mildly it was love at first sight

He smiled, she smiled, and they knew right away

This was the day they'd waited for all their lives

And for a moment the whole world

Revolved around one boy and one girl

He was holding her hand when the doctor looked up and grinned

"congratulations, twins"

One boy, one girl, two hearts beating wildly

To put it mildly it was love at first sight

He smiled, she smiled, and they knew right away

This was the day they'd waited for all their lives

And for a moment the whole world

Revolved around one boy and one girl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gav: Gone for good.

love that song ;)

*sip*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

Never heard it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Master Yoda

I can't leave you alonefor more than a week at a time, can I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link

um who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gav: Gone for good.

sticks: go get it, and the other stuff by collin raye too..he's brilliant

*sip*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link

yeah he's awesome. i've got llike 5 of his songs downloaded now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gav: Gone for good.

which of his albums do you have?

i only have his "greatest hits" and "christmas album" (which was magnificent btw)

everything else is downloaded..

*sip*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doc Ani Jade

The closest thing to that I can stand is Chad Croeger. He did "hero"...

k, what is the world coming to...one grtoup just released a cd made upp of bootleg remixes other people did of them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starstripe

hero was good... What group?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gav: Gone for good.

I've never even heard of most of these artists

sorry, guess they're more for peeps of my "generation" :p

*sip*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Link

No Gav. I've heard of them. And Ani, it's Chad Koger. From Nickleback. I don't have any of Collin's CD's. Mine are all downloads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.