Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Link

Karaoke Lounge

Recommended Posts

Tsl

:puke:

Ugh. The Beatles.

Blasphemy!!!!

*uber zap of DOOM* :evil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Pink Floyd - Brain Damage/Eclipse

From the album "Dark Side of the Moon"

The lunatic is on the grass.

The lunatic is on the grass.

Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs.

Got to keep the loonies on the path.

The lunatic is in the hall.

The lunatics are in my hall.

The paper holds their folded faces to the floor

And every day the paper boy brings more.

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon

And if there is no room upon the hill

And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

The lunatic is in my head.

The lunatic is in my head

You raise the blade, you make the change

You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane.

You lock the door

And throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear

You shout and no one seems to hear.

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.

*Medley into Eclipse by Pink Floyd*

And all that you touch

All that you see

All that you taste

All you feel.

All that you love

All that you hate

All you distrust

All you save.

All that you give

All that you deal

All that you buy

beg borrow or steal.

All you create

All you destroy

All that you do

All that you say.

All that you eat

And everyone you meet

All that you slight

And everyone you fight.

All that is now

All that is gone

All that's to come

and everything under the sun is in tune

but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheUnknown

Unkown, please try listening to the Beatles, considering that they're widely considered the greatest Rock artists of all time.

I have listened to the Beatles. They are a boy band that got popular because some thought they were attractive and others thought they were a way to annoy their parents, who wrote a lot of banal lyrics ("We all live in a yellow submarine," "It's been a hard days night, and I've been working like a dog.").

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Andy

lol, I'm sure he is aware of the fact that the Beatles are one of the most successful and influencial artists of all time, but not everyone likes the same things. If we did; the world would be a very boring place. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tsl

But alot friendlier ;) :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheUnknown

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

This song is too inappropriate to post in any message board.

Monty Python's Every S***m is Sacred

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monty Python - Galaxy Song

(written by: Eric Idle)

From the album "The Meaning Of Life"

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving

And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour,

That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned,

A sun that is the source of all our power.

The sun and you and me and all the stars that we can see

Are moving at a million miles a day

In an outer spiral arm, at forty thousand miles an hour,

Of the galaxy we call the 'Milky Way'.

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars.

It's a hundred thousand light years side to side.

It bulges in the middle, sixteen thousand light years thick,

But out by us, it's just three thousand light years wide.

We're thirty thousand light years from galactic central point.

We go 'round every two hundred million years,

And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions

In this amazing and expanding universe.

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding

In all of the directions it can whizz

As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,

Twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,

How amazingly unlikely is your birth,

And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,

'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope

Careless Whisper

STEPS

I feel so unsure,

As I take your hand,

And lead you to the dance floor,

As the music dies,

Something in your eyes,

Calls to mind a silver screen,

And all its sad goodbyes,

I'm never gonna dance again,

Guilty feet have got no rhythm,

Though it's easy to pretend,

I know you're not a fool,

I should have known better than to cheat a friend,

And waste a chance that I'd been given,

So I'm never gonna dance again,

The way I danced with you,

Time can never mend,

The careless whisper of a good friend,

To the heart and mind,

Ignorance is kind,

There's no comfort in the truth,

Pain is all you'll find,

I'm never gonna dance again,

Guilty feet have got no rhythm,

Though it's easy to pretend,

I know you're not a fool,

I should have known better than to cheat a friend,

And waste a chance that I'd been given,

So I'm never gonna dance again,

The way I danced with you,

Tonight the music seems so loud,

I wish that we could loose this crowd,

Maybe it's better this way,

We'd hurt each other with the things we want to say,

We could have been so good together,

We could have lived this dance forever,

But now who's gonna dance with me,

Please stay,

I'm never gonna dance again,

Guilty feet have got no rhythm,

Though it's easy to pretend,

I know you're not a fool,

I should have known better than to cheat a friend,

And waste a chance that I'd been given,

So I'm never gonna dance again,

The way I danced with you,

Now that you've gone,

Now that you've gone,

Now that you've gone

Was what I did so wrong,

So wrong that you had to leave me alone,

I'm never gonna dance again,

Guilty feet have got no rhythm,

Though it's easy to pretend,

I know you're not a fool,

I should have known better than to cheat a friend,

And waste a chance that I'd been given,

So I'm never gonna dance again,

The way I danced with you tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

Save Yourself

by Stabbing Westward

I know your life is empty

And you hate to face this world alone

So you're searching for an angel

Someone who can make you whole

I cannot save you; I can't even save myself

So just save yourself

I know that you've been damaged

Your soul has suffered such abuse

But I am not your savior

I am just as f***ed as you

I cannot save you; I can't even save myself

So just save yourself.

Please don't take pity on me

My life has been a nightmare

My soul is fractured to the bone

So if I must be lonely

I think I'd rather be alone

You cannot save me

You can't even save yourself

I cannot save you

I can't even save myself

Save yourself

So just save yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope

The One You Love

Glenn Frey

I know you need a friend, someone you can talk to

Who will understand what you're going through

When it comes to love, there's no easy answer

Only you can say what you're gonna do

I heard you on the phone, you took his number

Said you weren't alone, but you'd call him soon

Isn't he the guy, the guy who left you cryin'?

Isn't he the one who made you blue?

When you remember those nights in his arms

You know you gotta make up your mind

Are you gonna stay with the one who loves you

Or are you goin' back to the one you love?

Someone's gonna cry when they know they've lost you

Someone's gonna thank the stars above

What you gonna say when he comes over?

There's no easy way to see this through

All the broken dreams, all the disappointment

Oh girl, what you gonna do?

Your heart keeps sayin' it's just not fair

But still you gotta make up your mind

Are you gonna stay with the one who loves you

Or are you goin' back to the one you love?

Someone's gonna cry when they know they've lost you

Someone's gonna thank the stars above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Virginia Coalition~ Luminiferous Ether (Yes, this is the song that I pulled my SN from)

{Steve}

It used to be that light was propagated

Through all the things we used to know

I don't know

From a distance through the window I can see her

And she's singing to the furniture

She don't know

{Andy}

I'm coming home

I found the reason

I'm coming home where I am (and it's the same thing)

I'm coming home

Glad I found the reason

I'm coming home where I am (and it's the same thing)

{Steve}

It used to be that light was propagated

Through all the things we used to know

I don't know

From a distance through the window I can see her

And she's singing to the furniture

She don't know

{Andy}

I'm coming home

I found the reason

I'm coming home where I am (and it's the same thing)

I'm coming home

Glad I found the reason

I'm coming home where I am (and it's the same thing)

{Both}

Won't you come back home

Won't you come back home

Won't you come back home again

(Yes I will)

Won't you come back home

Won't you come back home

Won't you come back home again

(Yes I will)

Won't you stay for a while

Because I'm lonely here without you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Monty Python - Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life

From the film "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Some things in life are bad

They can really make you mad

Other things just make you swear and curse.

When you're chewing on life's gristle

Don't grumble, give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...

Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten

There's something you've forgotten

And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.

When you're feeling in the dumps

Don't be silly chumps

Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...

Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd

And death's the final word

You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin

Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death

Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of s***

When you look at it

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.

You'll see it's all a show

Keep 'em laughing as you go

Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...

Always look on the right side of life...

(Come on guys, cheer up!)

Always look on the bright side of life...

Always look on the bright side of life...

(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)

Always look on the bright side of life...

(I mean - what have you got to lose?)

(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.

What have you lost? Nothing!)

Always look on the right side of life...

--------------------------------------------------

Don Henley - Boys Of Summer

(The original, not the crappy cover by The Ataris. At least it's crappy compared to the original)

Nobody on the road

Nobody on the beach

I feel it in the air

The summer's out of reach

Empty lake, empty streets

The sun goes down alone

I'm drivin' by your house

Though I know you're not at home

But I can see you-

Your brown skin shinin' in the sun

You got your hair combed back and your sunglasses on, baby

And I can tell you my love for you will still be strong

After the boys of summer have gone

I never will forget those nights

I wonder if it was a dream

Remember how you made me crazy?

Remember how I made you scream

Now I don't understand what happened to our love

But babe, I'm gonna get you back

I'm gonna show you what I'm made of

I can see you-

Your brown skin shinin' in the sun

I see you walkin' real slow and you're smilin' at everyone

I can tell you my love for you will still be strong

After the boys of summer have gone

Out on the road today, I saw a BLACK FLAG sticker on a Cadillac

A little voice Inside my head said, "Don't look back. You can never look back."

I thought I knew what love was

What did I know?

Those days are gone forever

I should just let them go but-

I can see you-

Your brown skin shinin' in the sun

You got that top pulled down and that radio on, baby

And I can tell you my love for you will still be strong

After the boys of summer have gone

I can see you-

Your brown skin shinin' in the sun

You got that hair slicked back and those Wayfarers on, baby

I can tell you my love for you will still be strong

After the boys of summer have gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

A Certain Shade of Green by Incubus

A certain shade of green,

tell me, is that what do you need?

All signs around say move ahead.

Could someone please explain to me

your ever present lack of speed?

Are your muscles bound by ropes?

Or do crutches cloud your day?

My sources say the road is clear,

the street signs point the way.

(You gonna stand around till 2012 A.D.?

What are you waiting for,

a certain shade of green?

I think I grew a gray

watching you procrastinate.

What are you waiting for,

a certain shade of green?) (CHORUS)

Would a written invitation

signed, "Choose now or lose it all,"

sedate your hesitation?

Or inflame and make you stall?

You've been raised in limitation,

but that glove never fit quite right.

The time has passed for hand-me-downs,

choose a new, please evolve,

take flight.

(CHORUS)

Green? What are you waiting for?

What you waitin? for?

A written invitation?

A public declaration?

A private consolation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chozen

Not the best song... but pretty groovy

The winds of fortune

Don't blow the same

She had to get out

And make a change

She had a kid now

But much too young

That baby daddy's out having fun

He's saying

I'm on a roll

With all the girls I know

His baby momma

She ain't so slow

He's saying

I'm on a roll

With all the girls I know

I know you wanna hit that

I know you wanna hit that hit that

All the world is gettin' with, I say

Consequences are a lot, but hey

That's the way

That's the way things go

What was a family

Is now a shell

We're raising kids now

Who raise themselves

Sex is a weapon

It's like a drug

It gets him right into that grave that he just dug

She's saying

I'm on the run

I'm chasing guys for fun

Her baby daddy

It ain't his only one

She's saying

I'm on the run

I'm chasing guys for fun

I know you wanna hit that

I know you wanna hit that hit that

Everybody's gettin' with, I say

Consequences are a lot, but hey

That's the way

That's the way things go

Well it winds up

Broken up

Really such a shame

But why not

Take a chance

Everything's a game

And it don't stop

Hooking up

Nothing's gonna change

The more he's trying

The more he's buying

He says

I'm on a roll

With all the girls I know

His baby momma

Don't need to know

He's saying

I'm on a roll

With all the girls I know

I know you wanna hit that

I know you wanna hit that hit that

All the world is gettin' with, I say

Consequences are a lot, but hey

That's the way

That's the way things go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheUnknown

I like that song. And for more Offspring, how about "The Kids Aren't Alright"?

When we were young the future was so bright

The old neighbourhood was so alive

And every kid on the whole damn street

Was gonna make it big and not be beat

Now the neighbourhood's cracked and torn

The kids are grown up but their lives are worn

How can one little street

Swallow so many lives

Chances thrown

Nothing's free

Longing for

what used to be

Still it's hard

Hard to see

Fragile lives

shattered dreams

jenny had a chance, well she really did

Instead she dropped out and had a couple of kids

Mark still lives at home cause he's got no job

He just plays guitar and smokes a lot of pot

Jay committed suicide

Brandon od'd and died

What the hell is going on

The cruellest dream, reality

(2X)

Chances thrown

Nothing's free

Longing for

what used to be

Still it's hard

Hard to see

Fragile lives

Shattered dreams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode

Deep down Louisiana close to New Orleans

Way back up in the woods among the evergreens

There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood

Where lived a country boy named Johnny B. Goode

Who never ever learned to read or write so well

But he could play the guitar just like a ringing a bell

Go go

Go Johnny go

Go

Go Johnny go

Go

Go Johnny go

Go

Go Johnny go

Go

Johnny B. Goode

He used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack

Go sit beneath the tree by the railroad track

Oh, the engineerswould see him sitting in the shade

Strumming with the rhythm that the drivers made

People passing by they would stop and say

Oh my that little country boy could play

Go go

Go Johnny go

Go

Go Johnny go

Go

Go Johnny go

Go

Go Johnny go

Go

Johnny B. Goode

His mother told him "Someday you will be a man,

And you will be the leader of a big old band.

Many people coming from miles around

To hear you play your music when the sun go down

Maybe someday your name will be in lights

Saying Johnny B. Goode tonight."

Go go

Go Johnny go

Go go go Johnny go

Go go go Johnny go

Go go go Johnny go

Go

Johnny B. Goode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

Erm...don't think I've posted this one yet...

Megalomaniac by Incubus

I hear you on the radio

You permeate my screen, its' unkind but

If I met you in a scissor fight

I'd cut off both your wings on principle alone

On principle alone

Hey megalomaniac

You're not Jesus

Yeah, you're no ewoking Elvis

Special, as you know yourself, maniac

Step down

Step down

If I were your appendages

I'd hold open your eyes

So you would see

That all of us are heaven sent

There was never meant to be only one

To be only one

Hey megalomaniac

You're not Jesus

Yeah, you're no ewoking Elvis

Special, as you know yourself, maniac

Step down

Step down

Yeah

You're no Jesus

You're not Elvis

...

You're no answer

Hey megalomaniac

You're not Jesus

Yeah, you're no ewoking Elvis

Special, as you know yourself, maniac

Step down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheUnknown

Yeah, you're no ewoking Elvis

Does anyone else think that sounds worse that way than it does when it's not censored?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sticks

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

Hey... I'm listening to that song now! It's fantastic!

*Strokes new Incubus album* my precioussssssssssssssssssss....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

Blood on the Ground by Incubus

I don't want to talk to you anymore

I'm afraid of what I might say

I bite my tongue everytime you come around

Cause blood in my mouth beats blood on the ground

Hand over my heart I swear I've tried everything I could

Within all my power two weeks and one hour

I slaved and now I've got nothing to show

Oh if only you'd grow taller than a brick wall

From now on I'm gonna start holding my breath

When you come around and you flex that fake grin

Cause something inside of me has said more than twice

That breathing less air beats breathing you in

chorus:

I don't want to talk to you anymore

I'm afraid of what I might say

I bite my tongue everytime you come around

Cause blood in my mouth beats blood on the ground

Hand over my mouth I'm earning the right to my silence

In quiet discerning between ego and timing

Good judgement is once again proving to me that it's

Still worth it's weight in gold

So from now on I'm gonna be so much more wary

When you start to speak and my warm blood starts to boil

That seeing you is like pulling teeth

And hearing your voice is like chewing tin foil

chorus:

I don't want to talk to you anymore

I'm afraid of what I might say

I bite my tongue everytime you come around

Cause blood in my mouth beats blood on the ground

High fives to a better judgement

By saying less today, I will gain more

Low twos to you my fickle friend

Who brought the art of silent war

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope

We Danced

Brad Paisley

The bar was empty

I was sweeping up the floor

That's when she walked in

I said, "I'm sorry but we're closed"

And she said "I know,

But I'm afraid I left my purse"

I said, "I put one back behind the bar

I bet it's probably yours"

And the next thing that I knew

There we were, lost in conversation

And before I handed her her purse

I said, "You'll only get this back on one condition"

And we danced

Out there on that empty hardwood floor

The chairs up and the lights turned way down low

The music played, we held each other close

And we danced

And from that moment

There was never any doubt

I had found the one

That I had always dreamed about

And then one evenin'

When she stopped by after work

I pulled a diamond ring out of the pocket of my shirt

And as her eyes filled up with tears

She said, "This is the last thing I expected"

And then she took me by the hand

And said, "I'll only marry you on one condition"

And we danced

Out there on that empty hardwood floor

The chairs up and the lights turned way down low

The music played, we held each other close

And we danced

Like no one else had ever danced before

I can't explain what happened on that floor

But the music played

We held each other close

And we danced

Yeah, we danced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

One of the best Incubus songs ever... off their new album, A Crow Left of the Murder.

Sick Sad Little World by Incubus

No, You're not the first to fall apart

But always the first one to complain

You better get careful or you'll compromise everything You are

This world is a drought when out of love

Please come back to us

For all of the above

I'm making a choice to be out of touch

Leave me be he said

Leave me here in my stark raving sick sad little world

I've never had unpaid confidantes

It's more than I would care to explain

But I have an open door policy when it comes to blame

The world is a joke when out of love

Please come back to us

For all of the above

I'm making a choice to be out of touch

Leave me be he said

Leave me here in my stark raving sick sad little world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope

Look Through My Eyes

Phil Collins (from Disney's Brother Bear)

There are things in life you'll learn and

In time you'll see

Cause out there somewhere

It's all waiting

If you keep believing

So don't run, don't hide

It will be all right

You'll see, trust me

I'll be there watching over you

Just take a look through my eyes

There's a better place

somewhere out there

Just take a look through my eyes

Everything changes

You'll be amazed what you'll find

If you look through my eyes

There will be times on this journey

All you'll see is darkness

Out there somewhere daylight finds you

If you keep believing

So don't run, don't hide

It will be all right

You'll see, trust me

I'll be there watching over you

Just take a look through my eyes

There's a better place

somewhere out there

Just take a look through my eyes

Everything changes

You'll be amazed what you'll find

If you look through my eyes

All the things that you can change

There's a meaning in everything

And you will find all you need

There's so much to understand

Take a look through my eyes

There's a better place

somewhere out there

Just take a look through my eyes

Everything changes

You'll be amazed what you'll find

If you look through my eyes

Take a look through my eyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheUnknown

Candlebox - "Far Behind"

Now maybe

I didn't mean to treat you bad

But I did it anyway

And now maybe

Some would say your life was sad

But you lived it anyway

And so maybe

Your friends they stand around they watch your crumble

As you falter to the ground

And then someday

Your friends they stand beside as you were flying

Oh you were flying oh so high

But them someday people look at you for what they call their own

They watch you suffer

Yeah they hear you calling home

But then some day we could take our time

To brush the leaves aside so you can reach us

But you left me far behind

Now maybe

I didn't mean to treat you oh so bad

But I did it anyway

Now maybe some would say you're left with what you had

But you couldn't share the pain

No, no, no

Couldn't share the pain, they watch you suffer

Now maybe I could have made my own mistakes

But I live with what I've known

And then maybe we might share in something great

But won't you look at where we've grown

Won't you look at where we've gone

But then someday comes tomorrow holds a sense of what I feel for you in my mind

As you trip the final line

And that cold day when you lost control

Shame you left my life so soon you should have told me

But you left me far behind

Now maybe I didn't mean to treat you oh so bad

But I did it anyway

Now maybe some would say you're left with what you had

But you couldn't share the pain

No, no, no

Oh no

Oh no no no no...

Now maybe I didn't mean to treat you oh so bad

But I did it anyway

Now maybe some would say you're left with what you had

But you couldn't share the pain

I said times have changed your friends

They come and watch you crumble to the ground

They watch you suffer

Yeah, they hold you down

Hold you down

Now maybe brother, maybe love

I didn't mean to treat you bad

But you left me far behind

Left me far behind

Left me far

Behind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.